The Masque of Nyarlathotep - Doctor Who Meets Call of Cthulhu in Renaissance France

Please post here if you're trying to gauge interest in a NEW game, which you'd like to run on Play@YSDC
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

The Masque of Nyarlathotep - Doctor Who Meets Call of Cthulhu in Renaissance France

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Masque of Nyarlathotep is the sixth adventure in a campaign combining classic Doctor Who with Call of Cthulhu. The first adventure, The Terror Out of Time, took place in 1930 London. The second, The Ninth Planet, took place on Pluto in 2112. The third, The Shadow Over Dunwich, took place in 1985 in Dunwich, England (a real place, not the fictional Dunwich in America). The fourth, The Brotherhood of Death, was set in Rome in 44 BC. The fifth, The Horror in the Blackout, took place in 1940 London. You may read them if you wish, but you do not need to know anything about them (or about Doctor Who) to play in this adventure, which takes place in southern France in the early 16th century. Surviving characters may become companions and travel in the TARDIS for further adventures. Players will be expected to post at least twice per week, and I intend to match that pace. Players from previous games in this campaign are welcome to return, though except for those playing the Time Lord and his companions, you'll be playing new characters. New players are welcome to create characters as well.

So far we have the following players confirmed:
SunlessNick (taking over the character of Story)
Aine (taking over the character of Elizabeth Young)
Jp1885 (taking over the character of Brook Davies)
Philulhu
Snapper

I plan to set up a board this week and do character creation then, when I'll be off from work.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: The Masque of Nyarlathotep - Doctor Who Meets Call of Cthulhu in Renaissance France

Post by Mr. Handy »

I've set up the board here and added an OOC thread and a timeline. The scenario is set in 1517. Character creation instructions are still to come.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Re: The Masque of Nyarlathotep - Doctor Who Meets Call of Cthulhu in Renaissance France

Post by Philulhu »

Room for one more?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There sure is! Welcome aboard! You're actually the first to join other than the TARDIS crew, so you'll be playing a character from 1517. You don't have to be from France, though it's advised to have Other Language: French at 25% or more if French is not your character's native language. Guests will come from all over, and France is currently at peace, so they'd be able to travel freely there. Your character can also be of any social status. While the guests will usually be high in status, they'll have servants and other members of their entourages who are lower. I'm planning to start putting up character creation instructions later tonight or tomorrow. I'll be using a modified version of the Dark Ages character sheet for skills, with a few additions because it's the Renaissance (off the top of my head, I can think of Pistol, Musket, and Cannon).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Philulhu »

Ok, thanks. I’ll take a look once you’ve posted the instructions.
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Snapper »

Mr Handy!

I definitely would like to join your new game.

Regs,

Snapper
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Snapper! You've got a slot reserved.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Snapper
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Snapper »

Magic magic magic!! Looking forward to it.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Ah, would love to but I've rather over extended myself at the moment.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thank you, and I understand completely. If you ever have time in the future, there will always be a place for you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “... I'm Thinking Of Running A Game”