Masks of Nyarlathotep - Single Investigator Required

Keepers post here to advertise openings in your game.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Masks of Nyarlathotep - Single Investigator Required

Post by Raiko »

After a bit of an absence from these forums, I've recently resumed my Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign, which uses the 7th Edition of the CoC rules and the most recent enhanced edition of Masks together with additional content from the Masks Companion. A couple of the existing players have dropped out, and neither will be returning to these forums - in the near future at least.

So we'd like one more investigator to join the group, which will bring the team back to six.

It's currently quite a good time to join the game: we’ve completed the whole of the prologue, but that occurs some years earlier and was not a part of previous editions of the campaign.

We’ve also done a few things in New York in 1925, but much of that activity is also new to this edition, and so if you were to join in now, you’ve actually only really missed the opening section of the original Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign.

The existing team of five investigators are all detailed in our Cast of Characters thread, we have: You would be free to create whatever kind of investigator you like, although:
  1. In order to join the game quickly, your character will ideally already be a good friend of one or more of the existing investigators.
  2. Your investigator will be in New York in January 1925.
  3. Ideally, your investigator should be able to look after themselves in a fight - we've more academics than warriors in the current team. We are using the optional experienced investigator packages, so that should be possible without limiting your choice too much.
If you create a character who is a good friend of one of the existing investigators, then they will "phone a friend," and you can write a single introduction post, chat on the phone and join the team ASAP.

Alternatively, if you want to join straight in you could take over playing Rebecca Shosenburg; this plucky investigative reporter from the New York Times is currently investigating a miscarriage of justice and the so called Harlem Voodoo Murders. She met the team a little while ago and was involved in recent events, so you'll need to read some of what has happened. I'm point out what she knows if you want to play as Rebecca.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Masks of Nyarlathotep - Single Investigator Required

Post by Mephistophilis »

I'd be up for it - always wanted to play masks. Maybe a slightly more unsavoury contact of the detective?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

That sounds great.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry, I was on my way out of the house when I replied.
Okay, the place is yours Mephistophilis. :D

You can do your character any way you like, and then we'll tweak them a little bit if needed to tie them in with Marcus.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Cool, where should I roll?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I don't mind, you can roll here or you can roll in spoiler tags in your character sheet post - like we did in your Titan Incident game.

Welcome to our game.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mephistophilis »

Great, will come on over and try and roll someone up tonight.

Return to “Existing Games Looking For Players”