Please post here if you are interested in playing in a game here on Play@YSDC
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Pokes head back above ground

Post by Airbornexo »

Hi all,

So, I'm interested in coming back and joining a game if anyone will have me? I've been around this site many a year and I'm sorry if I burned any bridges by failing to complete games that I've been Keeper/player on in the past. I'd like to strech my creative muscles whilst we're all locked in battling this virus and hope there might be space for me somewhere. I've really no preference to what I play tbh

Cheers, Hal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Pokes head back above ground

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Hal! You'd be welcome to join either or both of my games. My Zombie Apocalypse reboot is nearing the dramatic conclusion of Chapter 1, and my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign is about 70 percent done the fifth adventure, The Horror in the Blackout, which is set in 1940 London. There are some abandoned characters that could use a new player.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Hi Handy! I'll join in with Dr Who if that's okay (my knowledge of doctor who is rather limited thou is that an issue)?

Cheers, Hal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! That's not an issue at all. No prior knowledge of Doctor Who is required. You don't even need prior knowledge of the first four adventures unless you're taking over a companion. I could use someone to play companion Brook Davies, who has been abandoned for a while, but you'd have to read the first four adventures. There are several other abandoned characters from whom to choose as well that are just in the current adventure. I could particularly use someone to take over the character of Eugene Thomson, though he's quite insane and has just committed himself to a sanitarium. He's not out of the adventure though, not by a long shot. There's also Charles Davis, whose player hasn't been around in months. A few other characters have been abandoned for longer and have been written out of the story, but most of them could be written back into it. You can view their character sheets here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Nice I'll take Eugene then, whatever is most useful for carrying the story forward - I'll post in the OOC thread now and review his sheet this evening. Is there any threads I need to read through at all?

Cheers, Hal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Excellent! There are plenty of threads you'll need to read, so it'll take you some time to catch up on his story so far.

Episode 1: Introduction->Rain of Death (starting near the top of page 2)->Into the Storm
Episode 2: Prisoners of Time->The Long Night->The Morning After->Sunday Services->Comparing Notes->The Dead Girl->The Plot Thickens->Staying Behind->Surveillance->Return Engagement
Episode 3: Fire in the Dark->The Rescue->Terror By Night->The Return->On the Third Day->Dad's Army->Convergence->Deeper Mysteries->Waiting->Madness at Night->Home Fires->Trail of Madness->The Prisoner->They're Coming to Take Her Away->Deja Vu->Commitment

I'll add a new post to Commitment reflect Eugene's therapy session for the past hour. Once you've caught up and I've posted that, you may post in your new thread when ready. Have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Perfect I'll do some reading tomorrow morning :)

Thanks again, Hal
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hi there Hal!
Welcome back to the boards. May Lady Fortuna be with you.
Mr. Handy, I´m heading for a summer holiday in two weeks and will return to check in on my NPC´d characters then.
Over and out!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Dave! It looks like Hal hasn't been on the board since early April.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Ha! And here I thought it looked recent. Guess the quarantine do mess up my time frame reference!
See you on the Z-board, Mr.H.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)

Return to “Players Looking For Games”