[IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Image

Holly stays behind cover, keeping her gun trained on the roof in case he's foolish enough to reappear.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:28 pm

Christopher Fontana

Christopher ducks in through the front door as another shot rings out. Realising that time is of the essence now he pulls his pistol from his jacket pocket and heads for the kitchen, intent on retrieving the match-book with [b]Brookes's[b] address written on it.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby ShyberKryst » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:04 pm

Professor Cornwall follows Fontana into the bungalow with his pistol drawn.
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby HelplessBystander » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:10 pm

"Well, to borrow a saying from China, the guy's fit as a dragon; strong as a tiger. He seems to be doing just fine for someone who was shot. That's...not good."
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Overlord87 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Christopher and Jonathan run into the bungalow, discovering that it has been ransacked and vandalized in the past, probably by Brooks's thugs. On the wall of what was once the living room, someone has written the words SeeYou with some kind of orange greasy liquid. In the kitchen, they immediately notice a large glass jar on a shelf, full of matchbooks - at least fifty of them. They take the jar out of the shelf and on a table, then start to frantically sort through the matchbooks, scattering them around on the floor as they look for the one with Brooks's address on. And at least there it is, a bright yellow matchbook with a pink piglet on it, and the writing El Cochinillo in colorful orange and red letters. A quick check confirms that the address is, in fact, written on it.

Outside, Cam and Ian join Holly and Huang Ian, guns pointed towards the roof. "Come on, motherfucker, show me your face", mutters Cam with a hard look on his face.

Spoiler:
You think the orange liquid is probably nectar, although this would mean that it is of a different kind than the one you interacted with in Los Angeles.


Spoiler:
The words on the wall were written by hand, like fingerpainting.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:55 am

Image

Holly remains in cover, her gun still pointed at the roof, ready to help cover the others' retreat when they're done inside the house.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby HelplessBystander » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:25 am

Huang Yan remained in the background, observing how the situation would turn out and was prepared to either run away or to help depending on how things went.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:36 pm

Christopher Fontana

"Excellent work Jonathan!" Christopher exclaims as the other man holds up the match-book that Victor had told them about.

"I would like to get a sample of that orange liquid that has been painted on the wall" Christopher waves back towards the wreck of the living room, "I believe it is a type of Nectar but it is different from the Nectar I have previously seen."

Christopher rips off the covers of a couple of the discarded match-books, take up the now empty glass jar he proceeds to scoop up some of the greasy orange goo with the match-book covers and places them into the jar. "Yes, I am sure this is Nectar but the colour and texture is different, perhaps it has been produced by a different process. Well hopefully Dr. Chastain will be able to deduce exactly how it differs from the other sample we have." He says as he finished his task, making sure that he doesn't come into direct contact with any of the foul substance.
Spoiler:
Using Evidence Collection - to make sure that he collects a sample without any problems (point spend?)

"Now that is interesting.." he says just as he's finishing collecting, "This was written by hand.. I mean literally, I can see finger prints in this goo." Christopher stands and looks directly at Jonathan "I think we should leave now, let's get back to the others and make out 'get away'."
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby ShyberKryst » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:13 pm

"Agreed. I'm tempted to look for fingerprints on the wall, but we probably don't have time for that," says the Professor as he glances about the room looking for anything interesting or useful. He places the matchbook in his coat pocket.
"Let's make a run for it!" and with that Prof. Cornwall dashes out of the bungalow to join the rest of the group.
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Overlord87 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Jonathan and Christopher run out of the bungalow, signaling that they've found the matchbook and they're clear to go. At the same time, the man on the roof starts shooting again. Without showing himself, he's just pointing the gun downwards and sending bullets flying more or less in the direction of the house. He hits a wall, then a window, sending shards of glass flying on the grass of the garden.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:34 am

Image

Holly stays behind cover while the shooting is going on, carefully counting the shots and trying to figure out when he'll have to reload.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby leonardolad » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:45 am

Ian Morin

"Jesus Christ, wasn't he dead??? Everybody down!" He shouts, deciding to find a gun at the first opportunity.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:05 am

Cam fires back at the man, even though he's behind cover. "Let's get out of here!", he growls. "Run to the cars! Go! Go!"
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Image

When Cam lays down covering fire, Holly sprints for the car in a crouch to present a smaller target, and in a zigzag to make it harder to draw a bead on her.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby ShyberKryst » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:04 pm

The Professor runs for the cars, a grim smirk on his face as the adrenaline pumps through his body. He hasn't felt this much excitement since the natives attacked his dig site in the Tigris-Euphrates River Valley.
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby carnage_lee » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:14 am

Christopher Fontana

Reaching their waiting car, Christopher takes a moment to place his jar of 'evidence' in the trunk, securing as quickly as he can. He then holds open one of the car doors so that the others can pile into the car as quickly as possible as they arrive. Whilst holding open the door Christopher scans the street looking out for anyone reacting to the gunfire, half expecting the watcher to have companions nearby.

OOC:   Sense Trouble: 2 pt spend
carnage_lee rolled 1d6+2 and got a total of 5:
3
 
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:13 am

Everybody starts sprinting for the cars, with Cam covering you as he runs away from Victor's house. The shooter on the roof reappears again, trying to land some hits before you escape. One bullet flies harmless over your heads, but another finds its way into Huang Yan's shoulder, a clean hit passing through, but painful nonetheless. Cam fires back and you hear the man screaming, hit again, hopefully this time done for good.

As you reach the car and get ready to depart, it takes you a few seconds to realize that there's no trace of Victor. Did he run away? Was he taken? You can't say.

Spoiler:
You lose 3 Health. Also, roll for Stability.


Spoiler:
You don't notice anyone suspicious around, and no hint of what could have happened to Victor.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:53 am

Image

"Someone else can drive," says Holly, getting in the back seat of her car and making room for Huang Yan next to her. "I'll take a look at that wound. It's a shoulder wound, and the bullet went straight through, so it shouldn't be too bad."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby leonardolad » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Ian Morin

"You can fix him, right doctor?" Says Ian, scared with the blood stain getting bigger and bigger. He looks around, noticing they're one man short. "Where's Victor? Did he run away? Damn fool! He was in the car the last time I saw him!"
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:50 am

Image

"Don't worry, I can patch him up," says Holly. "I'm guessing Victor ran away, probably as soon as the shooting started. We all had more pressing concerns at the time than keeping track of him. I'm surprised he hadn't tried to run away earlier."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32064
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest