IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

6.30pm Thursday 11th March 2010, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England.

A five-year old girl, Regina Balfour, is kidnapped in broad daylight from the Eden Shopping Centre, while her mother’s back is momentarily turned. Left behind is her ladybird shaped backpack, which contained supplies for her insulin pump. She needs her medication to live more than a few days, and her condition will rapidly deteriorate without it...

Moderator: Mephistophilis

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Philulhu » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Spoiler:
Drive Auto (a frankly woeful 26%...) -
Philulhu rolled 1d100:
53


Edit: Oh shit...
User avatar
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Mephistophilis » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:08 pm

A shape looms out of the darkness, two bright eyes. Kris yanks the steering wheel to swerve and slams on the brakes. But he feels the impact, the front of the car strikes the bulky shadow with a sickening thud, the bodywork making a corresponding crunch and one of the headlights goes out.

Kris and his passengers strain against their seatbelts, their heads flick forwards, a small bang and the front airbags rapidly inflate.

Spoiler:
Everyone roll CON


A light rain starts to fall as the car sits silently. The engine stalled. A single headlamp beam highlighting the rain, no movement visible.

Then through the soft patter of the raindrops a noise starts, a low pitched whining
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Philulhu » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:13 pm

Spoiler:
CON (70%) -
Philulhu rolled 1d100:
12


Kris coughed as he pushed the deflating airbag away. ”Shit - that came out of nowhere!” he said. “Are you both ok?”
User avatar
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:47 am

Image

"I'm fine, thanks," says Jocelyn, digging herself out from behind her airbag. "Maybe I should drive. What was it, a deer? I didn't see."

Spoiler:
CON x 5 roll (65% stat) from the crash:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
21
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37762
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Silver Priest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:51 am

Spoiler:
Silver Priest rolled 1d100:
48


"Just a bit bumped up," Simon admits, picking the book up off the floor. "Though please try and be more careful."

"What's that noise?"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Philulhu » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:36 pm

”It wasn’t through lack of care!” snapped Kris, irked that his execrable driving skills were being called into question!

He pulled a torch out of the glove box and pushed open the car door to see what he had hit.
User avatar
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Mephistophilis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:09 pm

In the light of his torch Kris can just about make a large shape sitting in the middle of the road, a low whining sound emanates from nearby.

There is a squealing of tyres as the ARV crests the hill behind the unmarked car, coming to a stop in a cloud of smoke. It sits in the dark, blue lights flashing.

Kris's phone rings, it's Burke, 'You alright? What's going on?'

Before answering Kris approaches closer, he can see it is some kind of animal, maybe a cow. It seems to be injured with what may well be blood trickling from its mouth. It looks him in the face and emits an anguished wail before its head slumps to the ground unmoving.

Up close, Kris can see the rest of its body is oddly misshapen, great welts and boils ooze and weep across the surface of its hide.

Spoiler:
Roll sanity, 0/1 loss
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Philulhu » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:03 am

Spoiler:
SAN (69%) -
Philulhu rolled 1d100:
75
Last edited by Philulhu on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Mephistophilis » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:05 am

There is a foul smell emanating from the creature, something between rotten meat and a sweeter, more acrid odour. Kris gags.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Philulhu » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:09 am

Kris swallowed hard as his torch beam played across the animal in front of him. His head spun and for a moment he thought he was going to throw up.

He looked away and heard Burke asking for an update. He glanced back at the creature, and shuddered. “I think it’s a cow,” he said weakly. “Bring the car up for a better look.”
User avatar
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Mephistophilis » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:17 am

The ARV drives slowly past the unmarked car, blue lights still flashing, and parks on the other side of the road, headlamps providing additional illumination of the animal. With the extra light Kris can see it is clearly a cow, a bit thinner than he would expect and covered in boils and sores. Probably some kind of infection. As far as Kris can see it looks dead.

Burke climbs out the ARV, looks at the animal, and laughs, 'You killed it you spanner, Bates is gonna go spare when she hears what you've done to the car'.

He puts in a call on the radio back to the control room to get someone to come and clear off the road. 'We'll wait here for the patrol car, you go to this Lindsay Peale's house and we'll meet you there'.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Philulhu » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:48 pm

”Dickhead!” muttered Kris as he stomped back to his car. He examined the headlight and the wing carefully with a scowl on his face. Burke was unfortunately right, DS Bates wasn’t going to be impressed!

He got back behind the wheel and slammed the door shut. Without saying a word, he started the engine and drove away, more carefully and slowly this time...
User avatar
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2701
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:53 pm
Location: Derbyshire, England

Re: IC - 8 - The Daughter - Everyone

Postby Mephistophilis » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:07 pm

Spoiler:
Unless anyone else has anything they want to do/say we're moving to this thread: https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/viewtopic.php?f=469&t=7146
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Previous

Return to Ladybird, Ladybird, Fly Away Home

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], Philulhu and 0 guests