The Trial of Angelique

Enter the haunted world of the classic television series. Become one of the residents of Collinsport, and witness the beginning of the many curses to befall the Collins family.

Moderator: VictoriaSilverwolf

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby SunlessNick » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:39 pm

Image

Nathan begins to walk around a bit in an attempt to rebuild his body's strength.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:13 am

Image

"We know from Nathan Forbes's testimony that he and Barnabas visited Angelique in her cell," says Victoria. "That could have been when she did it."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:15 am

Image

Reverend Trask lets the matter drop for now, as the beast's attacks appear to have stopped, and he does not wish to alienate Joshua further. He needs his testimony in the trial when it resumes. He does, however, visit Jennings to apologize for the way he was treated, and also to inquire as to his interest in the prisoner.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:26 am

SunlessNick wrote:
Nathan begins to walk around a bit in an attempt to rebuild his body's strength.


Thanks, in part, to the remarkable nursing skills of Miss Winters, which have achieved some notice amongst the townsfolk, Nathan is soon able to resume such strenuous activities as he performed in days past.
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:30 am

Mr. Handy wrote:Reverend Trask lets the matter drop for now, as the beast's attacks appear to have stopped, and he does not wish to alienate Joshua further. He needs his testimony in the trial when it resumes. He does, however, visit Jennings to apologize for the way he was treated, and also to inquire as to his interest in the prisoner.


"I require no apology, sir; I take no offense from the actions taken by a populace suffering from such predations as they have known. As for the matter between Mrs Collins and myself, that, I am afraid, I am not at liberty to discuss. Good day."
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:29 pm

Image

"Thank you, Mr. Jennings," says Reverend Trask. "I bid you good day." Since the beast's attacks have stopped, at least for now, he makes arrangements to resume the trial.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby SunlessNick » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:00 am

Image

Spoiler:
Millicent continues to visit Mr Jennings. If she is aware of the Reverend's visit, she asks if he was of any help, presuming that it was in aid of Mr Jennings's troubled soul.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby SunlessNick » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:02 am

Image

Josette's Cowardly Affliction gets the better of her, and she becomes too afraid to run the gauntlet of the disgruntled servants and townsfolk to return to the courthouse for the resumption of the trial.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby SunlessNick » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:06 am

Image

Spoiler:
Nathan seeks out a group of servants who are muttering against the DuPres's, now that his reduced status makes it permissable for him to mix with them. He makes an off hand remark about how "Of course the gentlefolk suspect the maid and not her mistress." If this gets any traction, he will wonder aloud if the Reverend even bothered to search Josette's room.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:00 am

Mr. Handy wrote:"Thank you, Mr. Jennings," says Reverend Trask. "I bid you good day." Since the beast's attacks have stopped, at least for now, he makes arrangements to resume the trial.



"You may call your next witness, Reverend."
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:03 am

SunlessNick wrote:
Spoiler:
Millicent continues to visit Mr Jennings. If she is aware of the Reverend's visit, she asks if he was of any help, presuming that it was in aid of Mr Jennings's troubled soul.


Spoiler:
Jennings replies "I am afraid that aid is unlikely to come from such a source. Nay, rather must I seek some other source of solace, and I fear the price for freedom from my curse may be a very high one. But take comfort, kind lady; one way or another, you shall not need to burden yourself with this unpleasant task for much longer."
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:05 am

SunlessNick wrote:
Spoiler:
Nathan seeks out a group of servants who are muttering against the DuPres's, now that his reduced status makes it permissible for him to mix with them. He makes an off hand remark about how "Of course the gentlefolk suspect the maid and not her mistress." If this gets any traction, he will wonder aloud if the Reverend even bothered to search Josette's room.


Spoiler:
Let's see if you can be persuade someone. As a Libertine, CHA = 11
VictoriaSilverwolf rolled 1d20:
16


It seems that a reputation as a seducer leads to a distancing effect between the servants and yourself, not to mention the fact that a fall from higher station is seen as unforgivable, the servants being, if anything, more aware of class barriers than their masters and mistresses.
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby SunlessNick » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Image
VictoriaSilverwolf wrote:
Spoiler:
Jennings replies "I am afraid that aid is unlikely to come from such a source. Nay, rather must I seek some other source of solace, and I fear the price for freedom from my curse may be a very high one. But take comfort, kind lady; one way or another, you shall not need to burden yourself with this unpleasant task for much longer."

Spoiler:
"I do not know if you speak of relief or doom, and it sounds as if you may not either. But be assured you will have my aid and my prayers for as long as they are needed."
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby SunlessNick » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:22 pm

Image
VictoriaSilverwolf wrote:
Spoiler:
Let's see if you can be persuade someone. As a Libertine, CHA = 11
Original post: VictoriaSilverwolf rolled 1d20:
16


It seems that a reputation as a seducer leads to a distancing effect between the servants and yourself, not to mention the fact that a fall from higher station is seen as unforgivable, the servants being, if anything, more aware of class barriers than their masters and mistresses.
Spoiler:
Frustrated, Nathan ponders his next tack. With the trial beginning, he will offer to once more convey Jeremiah Collins to the courthouse. Either in the case that the gentleman expresses surprise that Nathan is oncem ore fit for the task, or at an opportune moment during the drive, he will remark that Miss Winter's talent for medicine proved near miraculous."
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:21 pm

Image

Victoria attends the trial, noting the absence of Josette.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:22 pm

Image

"I wish to call Joshua Collins to the stand," says Reverend Trask.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39581
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:48 am

SunlessNick wrote:
Spoiler:
"I do not know if you speak of relief or doom, and it sounds as if you may not either. But be assured you will have my aid and my prayers for as long as they are needed."


Spoiler:
"I am far more grateful than I am able to say. I pray you, do not come here tonight; by the morrow, we shall both learn in which direction my path lies."
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:49 am

SunlessNick wrote:
Spoiler:
Frustrated, Nathan ponders his next tack. With the trial beginning, he will offer to once more convey Jeremiah Collins to the courthouse. Either in the case that the gentleman expresses surprise that Nathan is once more fit for the task, or at an opportune moment during the drive, he will remark that Miss Winter's talent for medicine proved near miraculous."


Spoiler:
Ignore this. My error.
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:03 am

Mr. Handy wrote:"I wish to call Joshua Collins to the stand," says Reverend Trask.



Whilst Joshua is sent for, his much younger brother Jeremiah enters the court, accompanied by Nathan Forbes, who assists him in removing hat and overcoat, much like a valet, or a dutiful relative. When Jeremiah enters, he seems dazed for a moment.

"I feel as if a great burden has been lifted from my heart," he remarks, to no one in particular, save perhaps himself. He casts a glance at Miss Winters, then quickly turns his eyes away.

Joshua enters and is sworn in.
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: The Trial of Angelique

Postby SunlessNick » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:21 am

Image
VictoriaSilverwolf wrote:
Spoiler:
"I am far more grateful than I am able to say. I pray you, do not come here tonight; by the morrow, we shall both learn in which direction my path lies."
Spoiler:
Millicent obeys Mr Jennings's request. Those at the manor will be able to bear witness to a certain tension in her as she looks out of the window into the night.
SunlessNick
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Ghastly Affair: Dark Shadows (1795 timeline)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests