The Dunwich Legacy

Moderator: Tabs

Re: The Dunwich Legacy

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:20 am

Spoiler:
Ouch! :o That seems impossible. Let's at least take down this Brood and see what happens next. Maybe we can take out a second one too, but when things get too rough, we'll have to get out of here. We can't take a whole lot of horror hits, and that's what'll happen if we have to fight four of these things (the fifth one was removed from the game).
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Mythos Phase

ImageImage

Doom 4/5

Sefina Image
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:14 am

Spoiler:
Eep! :o The only way I could kill that thing is with Shrivelling, and that would still take too long. I think we'd better just kill this Brood and run away.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:06 pm

Wendy Image Bum!

Reminder ImageImage 1/5

I don't think that the two of us have enough actions to kill the Brood, move and resign. Ho hum! Wendy can evade the Brood again and fight twice...
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:57 am

Spoiler:
Well, that stinks! We can defeat the Brood this turn, but we can't both resign. I think I should go first, use one of my clues as a fast action, and then attack it twice. If I hit both times, you'll need to hit twice more to finish it. With my last two actions, I can move to Dunwich Village, dragging my enemies with me and taking 2 damage and 1 horror, and then resign (which does not provoke attacks of opportunity). You can then finish the Brood and move somewhere the Avian Thrall can't reach you, and then go to Dunwich Village and resign on the following turn.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Ah. I think you forgot the Brood's attack. Wendy's fight should succeed. She'll hit on -2, has Lucky!, her ability and three actions.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:08 am

Spoiler:
If we destroy the Brood, it won't get a chance to attack, and we won't have to waste an action evading it. Actually, either of us can go first, as using the location's fast action allows both of us the opportunity to place a clue on the Brood. Do you want to go first, or should I?
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:46 pm

1 Image Will 4 +6 -1[Whippoorwill] +1[Thermos] vs. 6 +2[Towering Beasts] (10 vs. 8),
Tabs rolled 1d18:
-1, success! 1 damage dealt to Brood of Y-S (2/5).

2 Action Esoteric Formula. Will 4 +6 -1[Whippoorwill] vs. 6 +2[Towering Beasts] (9 vs. 8),
Tabs rolled 1d18:
-1, success! 1 damage dealt to Brood of Y-S (3/5).

3 Action Esoteric Formula. Will 4 +6 -1[Whippoorwill] vs. 6 +2[Towering Beasts] (9 vs. 8),
Tabs rolled 1d18:
0, success! 1 damage dealt to Brood of Y-S (4/5).

The Brood of Yog-Sothoth is so big and Wendy is so small that she has absolutely no trouble at all damaging the creature. When she is done she returns to Sefina. "Now finish it off and escape. I'll be along shortly."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Turn 5 Investigator Phase

Sefina traps a rabbit and stakes it out as bait for the monstrosity. When it moves in for the kill, she recites her chant as well. With both her and Wendy chanting, the beast lets out an unearthly shriek and dissolves into a puddle of goo. The bunny is saved!

Then a giant, vicious bird swoops down on Sefina. She deftly rolls aside, and it plows into the ground, stunned. She and Leo flee, pursued by the detective, who strikes her in the back as she runs past. Reaching the train station in the center of the village, she hops the train as it's pulling out, leaving the detective fuming on the platform. "I'll get you," he calls after her, "If it's the last thing I do!"

Spoiler:
Fast Action: Place 1 clue on the Brood (4 total).
Action 1: Activate Esoteric Formula. Fight test (Will 4 - 1[Whippoorwill] + 8[4 clues] = 11 vs. 6[Brood of Yog-Sothoth] + 1[Towering Beasts] + 1[Towering Beasts] = 8):
Mr. Handy rolled 1d18:

-1, success! Brood of Yog-Sothoth is defeated. 1 Victory scored.

Action 2: Evade Avian Thrall. Agility test (Agility 4 - 1[Whippoorwill] + 1[Stealth] = 4 vs. 3[Avian Thrall]):
Mr. Handy rolled 1d18:

-1, success! Avian Thrall is exhausted.
Action 3: Move to Dunwich Village. Stubborn Detective causes 1 damage from attack of opportunity and moves with me.
Action 4: Resign.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:37 am

I'm pleased about the bunny!

Upkeep Phase

Ready cards. Avian Thrall engages Wendy.

WendyImage + 1 resource

Round 6

Mythos Phase

ImageImage

Doom 5/5

BoY-S?
Tabs rolled 1d4:
Image Location?
Tabs rolled 1d6:
Devil's Hop Yard

Investigator Phase

1 Move to Dunwich Village. Avian Thrall deals 1 damage and 1 horror.

2 Resign.

If no resolution was reached (each investigator resigned or was defeated): Go to Resolution 1.

Resolution 1: You did all you could to stop the rampaging monsters, but there were more of them than you realized and you weren’t able to slay them all. Exhausted and terrified, you retreat to Zebulon’s home and hope to survive the night.

Æ In your Campaign Log, record that X brood escaped into the wild. X is the total number of Brood of Yog‐Sothoth still in play or set aside. 3

Æ If an investigator’s deck contains the Powder of Ibn‐ Ghazi card, remove it from that investigator’s deck.

Æ Each investigator earns experience equal to the Victory X value of each card in the victory display. 1
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:30 am

Spoiler:
Yeah, that was a tough one. It would have been manageable if we'd done better in the previous scenario, but we had no chance because we failed there. That was the first scenario where we failed, and with these campaigns, it seems that once you start failing it cascades into a death spiral. At least we killed one of those things. If that Avian Thrall hadn't arrived, we might have been able to take out a second one, but I doubt we could have handled all four.

I think you forgot to draw an encounter card during the Mythos Phase.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:52 am

ImageImage Wendy plays Image

Yeah. I still feel aggrieved at my consecutive tentacle draws, that bled the fun of the game for me and seemed most unfair after 6 scenarios---though I guess we'd have played that one again if we were sat at the table.

I'm gonna try this one Image
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:22 am

Spoiler:
That second Avian Thrall would make killing more of them even more impossible. We did what we could and got out right on time.

I don't have time to decide how to spend my XP tonight. I'll have to do that later.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:19 am

Spoiler:
I'll take the Spirit Athame, replacing my remaining Knife.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:23 am

Image that's a good one!

Next scenario at the start of April?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:37 am

Sure, sounds good to me.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 am

Sefina's deck https://arkhamdb.com/deck/view/245888

Wendy's deck https://arkhamdb.com/deck/view/245887

Where Doom Awaits

You awaken to the sound of screeching. Fearing the worst, you grab your equipment and head out into the streets of Dunwich. As soon as you step outside, you sense a foulness in the cold night air: an awful, pungent smell that can scarcely be described and a heaviness to the atmosphere that makes it difficult to breathe. The citizens of Dunwich have sealed their doors, and the town feels quiet and lonesome. In the distance, a faint glow emanates from a hilltop above the village. You know of this hill from both your interactions with Zebulon and Armitage’s records. It is called Sentinel Hill. The tales speak of satanic rites being performed there—rites in which great ritual-pyres light up the night sky while the ground rumbles furiously below.

Flocks of whippoorwills perch on the rooftops of the village around you, watching ominously as you climb inside Zebulon’s old and beat-up truck. As you drive towards Sentinel Hill, more screeching fills the sky with an awful pitch that is painful to your ears. Everything you have read about and experienced in Dunwich has led to this. If the foul ritual Seth seeks to perform has anything to do with what Armitage and his colleagues prevented several months back, it involves the favor of an ancient creature—Yog‐Sothoth. Failing to stop this ritual may spell doom...not only Dunwich, but for the entire world.

Check Campaign Log. If Naomi has the investigators’ back: Proceed to Part 1.

OOC:   Without checking, I think that she does.  

Otherwise: Skip to Setup.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:46 am

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure she doesn't. We never even met Naomi.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:32 pm

Spoiler:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/4/1/the-dogwich-legacy/

You're right, I must've remembered reading about Naomi. Here is what was said:

In your Campaign Log, record that the O’Bannion gang has a bone to pick with the investigators.

Setup

Æ Gather all cards from the following encounter sets: Where Doom Awaits, Beast-thralls, Sorcery, Bishop’s Thralls, Striking Fear, Ancient Evils, Chilling Cold.

Æ Put Base of the Hill, Ascending Path, and Sentinel Peak into play. Each investigator begins play at Base of the Hill.

ImageImageImageImage

OOC:   Setup to be continued.  

Æ Remove 1 copy of Diverging Path from the game, at random. Set the other 3 copies of Diverging Path aside, out of play.
Æ Remove 1 copy of Altered Path from the game, at random. Set the other 3 copies of Altered Path aside, out of play.
Æ Set Seth Bishop aside, out of play.
Æ Based on your di culty level, add the following chaos token(s) to the chaos bag for the remainder of the campaign:
= Easy: –3. = Hard: –6.
= Standard: –5. = Expert: –7.
Æ Depending on the following circumstances, a di erent version of Act 2 should be used in this scenario. Each other version of Act 2 is removed from the game.
= Check Campaign Log. If the investigators restored Silas Bishop, use Act 2—Ascending the Hill (v. I)
= If the above is not true, check Campaign Log. If the investigators failed to recover the Necronomicon, or if the Necronomicon was stolen, use Act 2—Ascending the Hill (v. II)
= If neither of the above are true, use Act 2—Ascending the Hill (v. III)
Æ Check Campaign Log. For each Brood of Yog-Sothoth that escaped into the wild, add 1 doom to agenda 1a.
Æ Check Campaign Log. If the investigators put Silas Bishop out of his misery, remnants of the creature’s body have mutated and grown at Sentinel Hill. Put 1 “Conglomeration of Spheres” enemy from the Hideous Abominations encounter set into play at Ascending Path. Shu e the rest of that set into the encounter deck. is set is indicated by the following icon:
Æ Shu e the remainder of the encounter cards to build the encounter deck.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:53 am

Spoiler:
Best. April Fool's Joke. Ever. :lol:

Rex Murphy is adorable, but Jackson Pawlick has the best special ability.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunwich Legacy