The Dunwich Legacy

Moderator: Tabs

Re: The Dunwich Legacy

Postby Tabs » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Wendy pats Sefina gingerly, unsure about her insanity. "There, there," she soothes, "it's only an old smelly thing." Nonetheless, she can't bring herself to look at the rotting remains.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Tabs » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:38 am

Investigator Phase 6

Action 1: Play Lantern, spending 2 resources.

Action 2: Investigate Passenger Car. Intellect 3 vs. 2[Shroud] -1[Lantern], chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d18:
0 ; success! 1 clue gained.

Action 3: Move to...train car (5/6)
Tabs rolled 1d4:

Using one of the gas lamps in the car, she shines its globe around and quickly spots a punched ticket to Dunwich: the final clue she needs to move on to the next car. She has to leave Sefina behind, but consoles herself by imagining how pleased she'll be if she makes it to the end. The next car is a right tip: pillows and blankets are strewn everywhere.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Tabs » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:53 pm

Upkeep Phase 6

Wendy drawsImage and gains 1 resource.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:30 am

Spoiler:
Well done! Hopefully you can finish up here, as all you need to do is find one more clue before advancing to the final car before the Engine Car. Burglary would be useful for committing to a test to investigate; you don't really need extra resources right now anyway. It would probably be a bad idea to steal a passenger's luggage too. Sounds like the sort of thing that would add a bad token to the chaos bag. It's a shame I went doolally, or I could have found that clue with my Lockpicks or Flashlight.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:34 am

Mythos Phase 7

Place 1 doom on the agenda (3/3) + Acolyte.

Image Image

Wendy's encounter Image

Passenger Car[Helpless Passenger, Acolyte] -> Passenger Car [Sefina] -> Sleeping Car [Wendy, 1 clue]

Investigator Phase 7

Action 1: Draw 1 card Image

Action 2: Draw 1 card Image

Action 3: Investigate Sleeping Car. Intellect 3 +1[Burglary] vs. 4[Shroud] -1[Lantern], chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d18:
tentacles ; FAIL. Wendy's ability, discard Rise to the Occasion, chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d18:
-1 ; success! 1 clue gained.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Tabs » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:08 am

Upkeep Phase 7

Wendy draws Image and gains 1 resource.

Mythos Phase 8

Place 1 doom on the agenda (1/4) + Acolyte.

Wendy's encounter Image

Investigator Phase 8

Action 1: Move to...
Tabs rolled 1d3:
Image take 2 damage.

Action 2: Play Wendy's Amulet, spending 2 resources.

Upkeep Phase 8

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:54 am

Spoiler:
Awesome, you're very close now! "Look what I found!" could get you both clues in the Passenger Car in one action even without the Flashlight. Or do you only need one now that I'm defeated?
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:03 pm

OOC:   It's still 2 clues, I think.  

Mythos Phase 9

Place 1 doom on the agenda (2/4) + Acolyte.

Wendy's encounter Image

Investigator Phase 9

Action 1: Play Flashlight, spending 2 resources.

Action 2: Investigate Passenger Car. Intellect 3 vs. 4[shroud] -1[Lantern] -2[Flashlight (1/3 supplies)], chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d18:
-4 ; FAIL by 2. Play "Look What I Found!" discover 2 clues. (Card placed at the bottom of the deck, see Wendy's Amulet.)

Action 3: Move to Engine Car.
Tabs rolled 1d3:
Image Image
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Tabs » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Upkeep Phase 9

Wendy draws Image and gains 1 resource. Exhaust Dr. Armitage, discard card, gain 3 resources.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:03 pm

Spoiler:
Nice! I don't think you can use both the Flashlight and Lantern at the same time, as both of their abilities require you to activate the card. However, you still find both clues by using the Flashlight alone, as the -4 can only reduce your "roll" to a minimum of 0. With a Shroud of 2, you still only fail by 2. This still leaves you two uses of the Flashlight in the Engine Car, and after that you still have the Lantern.

Don't forget that the Act advanced as soon as you entered the Engine Car.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:23 am

OOC:   Well done! I totally forgot or missed those points.  

On entering the Engine Car...

Agility 4 +1[Quick Thinking] vs. 3, chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d18:
-3 ; FAIL. :(

Mythos Phase 10

Place 1 doom on the agenda (3/4) + 3 on acolyte.

Sleeping Car -> Passenger Car -> Engine Car[Wendy, 4 clues] 1 horror assigned to Dr. Armitage (Helpless Passenger).

Wendy's encounter Image
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 am

Spoiler:
Thanks! It might have been better to take the hit to Health rather than risk losing Sanity, considering how low you are, or to spend resources to power Scrapper, but it's too late now.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:49 am

OOC:   Awh! I need you! Yes, I'd certainly have utilised Scrapper if I'd thought of it. I don't think Wendy is gonna make it. Wendy's Amulet lets her use events from the discards; there's "Look What I Found!" but it's under Sneak Attack...a nice, weak acolyte would be just the ticket.  

Investigator Phase 10

Action 1, 2 and 3: Draw 1 card Image Image Image

Upkeep Phase 10

Ready cards.

Mythos Phase 11

Place 1 doom on the agenda (1/3).

Wendy's encounter Image
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:56 am

Spoiler:
Well, at least the Arcane Barrier doesn't matter. It's not like you need to move. An Acolyte wouldn't show up in the Engine Car, and a Grappling Horror would require multiple actions to destroy. I think you're wasting actions by spending them drwaing cards when you should be investigating and finding those clues. Time is running out, and any actions you save from the cards you draw won't make up for the ones you spend drawing them in the first place instead of investigating.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:31 pm

Investigator Phase 11

Action 1: Activate Flashlight, spending 1 supply (2/3). Intellect 3 vs. 4[shroud] -2[Flashlight], chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d18:
elder thing -3 ; FAIL. Wendy's ability, discard Hiding Spot, chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d18:
elder thing ; FAIL. Play Lucky! spending 1 resource ; success! 1 clue gained.

Action 2: Activate Flashlight, spending 1 supply (3/3). Intellect 3 vs. 4[shroud] -2[Flashlight], chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d18:
0 ; success! 1 clue gained.

Action 3: Activate Lantern. Intellect 3 vs. 4[shroud] -1[Lantern], chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d18:
-1 ; FAIL. Play Lucky! (Wendy's Amulet), spending 1 resource ; success! 1 clue gained.

Upkeep Phase 11

Mythos Phase 12

Place 1 doom on the agenda (2/3).

Wendy's encounter Image
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 am

Spoiler:
Nicely done! You only need one more clue, and that second Flashlight was timely. Now all you need to do is play it, and you'll have two chances to find the last clue this turn so you can advance.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Investigator Phase 12

Action 1: Play Flashlight, spending 2 resources.

Action 2: Activate Flashlight, spending 1 supply: Investigate the Engine Car. Intellect 3 +1[Sneak Attack] vs. 4[shroud] -2[Flashlight], chaos token
Tabs rolled 1d18:
-2 ; success! 1 clue gained. :D

Before resolving any other resolution, if at least 1 investigator was defeated: The defeated investigators read Investigator Defeat first.

Investigator Defeat: Your experience beyond the gate is simultaneously terrifying and impossible to recall with clarity. A hypnotic spectacle of lights, otherworldly sensations, and altered geometry dances at the tattered edges of your mind. An unearthly voice from beyond rings in your ears, its significance an enigma. When you awaken, you find yourself in the woods, several miles from the Miskatonic River. Destroyed train cars surround you. They are crumpled as if from a severe impact; they are also decayed as if years of rust and squalor have claimed them. There is no sign of the other passengers.

Æ Each investigator who was defeated has acquired the Across Space and Time weakness and must add 1 copy of it to his or her deck. This card does not count toward that investigator’s deck size.

Æ Each investigator who was defeated earns 1 bonus experience as his or her experience beyond the gate grants them insight into the cosmos.
Æ If an investigator with e Necronomicon (Olaus Wormius Translation) in his or her deck was defeated, in your Campaign Log, record that the Necronomicon was stolen. e Necronomicon (Olaus Wormius Translation) must be removed from that investigator’s deck.

Æ If an investigator with the Dr. Henry Armitage card, the Professor Warren Rice card, or the Dr. Francis Morgan card in his or her deck was defeated, in your Campaign Log, record that the character in question was kidnapped. e associated card must be removed from that investigator’s deck.

Resolution 1: You breathe a sigh of relief as the gate behind the train collapses harmlessly upon itself. The few passengers who survived the ordeal seem unable to comprehend what just happened. One passenger mentions “a pipe bursting in the rear car,” and that quickly becomes the explanation for the innocent and ignorant, those who either cannot or choose not to delve further into the mystery. You, on the other hand, know better... although in hindsight, you wish you didn’t.

Æ Each investigator earns experience equal to the Victory X value of each card in the victory display.

A golden halo outlines the wispy white hair and bent back of an old man who's sat in front of a merrily crackling fire. Singing and humming. Wendy appears holding a plate.

"I've baked you some cookies, Sefina," she says happily. "I'm so glad you're awake. Here, try one." Wendy proffers the plate with something burnt and speckled with ? "They're raisins," she adds. "We carried you here from the woods, well, Dr. Armitage did."

"My poor back!" gasps the elderly fellow.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:53 am

"I was in another world," says Sefina, staring blankly. She absently takes a cookie and chews on it without thinking, which slowly brings her back to reality. "Thank you so much. I thought I was finished back there." She rubs the old man's back and then gives Wendy a hug. "Is this Dunwich? I was afraid we'd never get there."

Spoiler:
Well done! :D I think that means I have 3 XP, and you have 2. Dr. Francis Morgan was kidnapped, but I know you have Dr. Henry Armitage, so he's safe. I think you had the Necronomicon too, which is good. We've both suffered 1 mental trauma (me from defeat, you from entering the Engine Car), so we'll start the next scenario with 1 horror already. Fortunately, I have a couple of things that can heal it.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Tabs » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:55 am

Yeah, 3xp for you and 2xp for me. Wendy's mental trauma is damn annoying.Next, Blood on the Altar---this one is totally new to me. I thought to give the game a month's break? I should be receiving Gloomhaven soon and hope to give it a good play...
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:52 am

Sure, that sounds good. At least I didn't take physical trauma, or I'd be down to effectively 4 health.

I backed Gloomhaven on Kickstarter. It was a bargain for $65! I haven't had time to play it through yet, other than the initial scenario, which I played with others using someone else's copy. I haven't even opened mine yet, but it's high on my playlist.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunwich Legacy