IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

It''s 1922, books have gone missing from the Kimball house. Stranger still in the year prior, Douglas Kimball the owner of the house had also gone missing. Thomas Kimball, the nephew of Douglas Kimball, now resides in the Kimball house and requests your assistance.

Moderator: Leonulf

Re: IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

Postby HoneyDog » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:32 am

John rubs his eyes.

"Any luck, Mr. Kimball?" he asks.
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 4407
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

Postby Leonulf » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:28 am

Time: 11:12 AM

The three of you spend far longer than intended than searching for the book before you hear a sigh from Thomas.
"Apparently Gladys' believes this to be a childrens book, it was next to a childrens edition of Hanzel and Gretyl.".

He walks over to you both hand outstretched, "Well you better take it, you know what your looking for - I hope.".
User avatar
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:10 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

Postby HoneyDog » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:37 am

John breathes a sigh of relief.

"I thought we'd be here all day" he complains. "Show us what we're up against, Harrison" he continues, indicating the book.
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 4407
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

Postby jp1885 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 am

Image

“If only this were a fairy tale, eh?”

Harrison takes the book and searches for any references to Ghouls, or at least graveyard dwellers.
User avatar
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:00 pm
Location: Herefordshire, UK

Re: IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

Postby Leonulf » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Time: 11:15 AM

Your able to find a section about ghouls in the book, there is a crude but to your recollection an accurate drawing of one. The book describes them as fowl smelling beasts that have violent tendencies, it recommends leaving them alone if you encounter them or brining heavy arms. On the page over, there is also a more detailed drawing of the hoove prints they leave as well as claw marks.

Thomas is starting look impatient "So is there something here you want to show me? What's going on and what has any of this got to do with that fool Melodias?". He takes out a pocket watch to exam the time and expells a huff.
User avatar
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:10 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

Postby jp1885 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 pm

Image

Harrison holds up the book, tapping a finger on the illustration.

"This is what we're dealing with okay? Terrifying, bestial things in the main. My guess is Melodias has seen them too - your uncle certainly has. So I'm going to ask you ne more time - will you let this go?"

Spoiler:
jp1885 rolled 1d100:
81
He watches Kimball's expression and sighs.

"Well, it's your funeral..."
User avatar
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:00 pm
Location: Herefordshire, UK

Re: IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

Postby HoneyDog » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:45 am

“It was running from these creatures when I stumbled and fell” says John, looking at Kimball. “They are very real, and very dangerous. But I don’t think you’ll believe us until you see for yourself, which I can’t say I blame you for. I’m willing to accompany you back to the graveyard tonight, suitably armed. Hopefully we will see your Uncle as he seems to appear before the others, and then we leave immediately. Then I will be leaving this town on the first train. If you don’t want to go, I will leave this afternoon. Is it agreeable to you?”
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 4407
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

Postby Leonulf » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:11 am

Time: 11:17 AM

Hearing Harrison attempt to dissuade him Thomas shakes his head "So from some kind of religious group to fairytales about monsters. I am starting to regret hiring you people.".
He looks like hes about to lose his temper but looks down at John's injury while he explains himself.

"Hmmm I still don't like it but that leg of yours is evidence of something I suppose. I don't like where this is headed but it's hard for me to let this go when, pardon the pun John, it seems like your pulling my leg. But something is certainly strange about all this. I want to rule a line under it all - but I do need evidence. Do either of you have any firearms? Or know how to use them? If these things are real, and are dangerous then we had better be prepared. Melodias could corroborate your story as an alternative I suppose but I feel he may be unreliable.".
User avatar
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:10 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

Postby jp1885 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:52 am

Image

Harrison sighs heavily, well aware of how crazy his story sounds.

“I have a pistol, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. If things go south, our best bet is to run.”
User avatar
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:00 pm
Location: Herefordshire, UK

Re: IC - Arnoldsburg, Michigan

Postby HoneyDog » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:15 pm

“What possible reason would we have for making up a story like this?” John frowns. “I think talking to Melodias might help convince you. In answer to your question, I was in France with the 82nd Division, so I’m quite familiar with firearms. But unless you have any, I’ll have to visit a gunshop. Hopefully the laws are permissive in this state.”
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 4407
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Previous

Return to Paper Chase

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest