IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:57 am

Queensway, Bayswater- London, England
6:35 PM - Sunday, September 8, 1940

Story, Elizabeth, and most of the others remained in the alley behind the houses, though Phyllis, Maggie, and Benjamin were still in Doris's house next door. The Steadmans had departed leaving the house empty...or was it?
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38503
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:04 pm

"If I was 40 years younger I might consider having a look inside that house now." Says Phyllis. "Yes, you may be surprised but standing on ceremony is all well and good for everyday but there comes a time when a body has to take the initiative. And the consequences too I grant you."

She sighs wistfully and then gets up again to stand next to Benjamin, looking out of the window and then had an idea. "Have you some glasses, Doris? We could have a go at listening through the walls."
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:02 am

"Oh, good thinking!" said Doris, rushing into the kitchen to fetch a few glasses and quickly returning to hand them out to everyone.

Spoiler:
Anyone in Doris's house may roll Listen.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38503
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby Pastiche » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:13 am

Benjamin takes a glass, carefully puts it against the wall and starts listening... However, his ears are no longer what they used to be...

OOC:   Listen 25%:
Pastiche rolled 1d100:
81
 
User avatar
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:56 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:13 pm

Spoiler:
(25%) roll:6

Phyllis also takes a glass and climbs upstairs before putting a glass to the wall, she frowns and listens some more.
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:13 pm

Spoiler:
(25%) roll:6

Phyllis also takes a glass and climbs upstairs before putting a glass to the wall, she frowns and listens some more.
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby HelplessBystander » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:36 am

Anna approaches the back of the door, "There was obviously something that they're hiding...I guess there's no time like the present to truly try and find out what it is that they're hiding."
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:33 am

Doris and Maggie also pressed glasses to the wall and listened, but nobody could hear the slightest sound on the other side.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38503
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby DrkRoxas » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Seamus walks along with Anna to the door, and signals her to slow down a bit.

"I appreciate the enthusiasm you're all showing, but let's not be too reckless mates. If we're going to break in, we gotta do it properly." He said with a smirk on his face, as he brought out his lock-picking kit and proceeded to check if the door was locked, trying to hide his excitement.

Spoiler:
DrkRoxas rolled 1d100:
32


Spoiler:
sorry for being absent, I'm back now though!
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:22 am

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:02 am

Seamus found that the back door was locked - at least for a few seconds. He had it open very quickly.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38503
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby HelplessBystander » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Anna whistled in wonder as she watched Seamus do his (admittedly illegitimate) work, she made an exaggerated curtsy and said, "Well, it's not your first time, Mr. Seamus, lead the way."
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:18 pm

"It sounds like the house is empty, let's hope that Anna and that young man are quick." Phyllis toddles back down stairs and watches them through the window. "My, they are in already; I wonder how on earth he managed that?" She says rather disapprovingly. "Doris, do these houese have basements?"
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:41 am

"Yes," said Doris. "You see, the back alley slopes downwards. It's about ten feet below the level of the street out front, so the back door leads into the basement. In my house, it opens into the study. I imagine it's similar in the others."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38503
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby Shelfunit » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Charles, loudly whispers to Seamus "Do you need me to..er.. stand guard here, or should I come in to help you?"
User avatar
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:35 pm
Location: Geneva

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby HelplessBystander » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:15 pm

"It'd be good if you came in along with us, Charles." Anna said, brightly.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby DrkRoxas » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:37 am

Seamus nods at Anna's suggestion, he even laughed a bit because of Charles's shy attitude. He started getting past his initial skeptical behavior and was now liking him a bit more.

"No point in staying here mate, even if you shout if you see anything, there's not enough room to react, just be quiet and try to look for anything suspicious, let's go." He said as he quietly opened the door and led the way, being as silent as possible, with a huge grin on his face, unable to hide his excitement.

Spoiler:
DrkRoxas rolled 1d100:
76
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:22 am

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:13 am

Seamus crept into the darkened room beyond the door. There were no windows, which only served to heighten the darkness. He couldn't make out many details in the darkness, but the room appeared to be a study. There were bookshelves, a desk, a couch, and chairs. Interior doors were straight ahead and to the right, and there was also a staircase leading up at the far end of the room.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38503
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby HelplessBystander » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:20 pm

OOC:   Anna has been in the house before, does she know the way?  
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1303
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:11 am

Spoiler:
Anna has been in the house before, but not that part of it. However, she does realize that she's below the level she was on before, as there were steps leading up to the front door, and the alley sloped downwards. The stairs presumably lead upwards to more familiar territory.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38503
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 2-Breaking and Entering?(Everyone else)

Postby DrkRoxas » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:49 am

"Okay mates, where do we go, to the far back or are you feeling like going up some stairs?" Seamus said with a crooked grin, opening the way for the others as if he was welcoming them into the house, but as silent as possible.

"It's kind of dark huh? What are we looking for specifically?" he asked both his companions.
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:22 am

Next

Return to Episode 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests