Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair

Romantic Horror in the 1960s

Moderators: VictoriaSilverwolf, Victoria Silverwolf

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby SunlessNick » Wed May 20, 2020 11:42 am

Image

"Bring it along," Zara says of the car. "May as well make it slow going for evil Tony to get back to town."
SunlessNick
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby jp1885 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:32 pm

Image

"How do you know I'm not the evil Tony?" says the investigator with a wicked twinkle in his eye. "Very well, I'll take the Roller. There doesn't seem to be much of interest around here, so perhaps we have enough time to make it to Palo Alto?"
User avatar
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:00 pm
Location: Herefordshire, UK

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu May 21, 2020 2:43 am

Image

"All right," says Liz. "I'll drive the bus." She shows them the folded C note she found. "This is origami. I wonder if our Japanese friends are involved."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37728
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby SunlessNick » Thu May 21, 2020 7:47 am

jp1885 wrote:"How do you know I'm not the evil Tony?" says the investigator with a wicked twinkle in his eye. "Very well, I'll take the Roller. There doesn't seem to be much of interest around here, so perhaps we have enough time to make it to Palo Alto?"

Image

"An evil Tony wouldn't have saved me from that psycho killer."
SunlessNick
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Thu May 28, 2020 9:14 am

The oddly paired vehicles head into Palo Alto as the hour grows late. By the time the investigators reach the area indicated on the map, Mo is awake.

"That's Daddy's house," she says, pointing at a mansion on a low rise, overlooking Stanford University. "Don't tell him what happened, OK? He won't be surprised that I ran out on the party for my--" she rolls her eyes and sighs "-- stepmother and looked for some fun on my own."

During the drive here it can be seen that the other addresses marked on the map are quite close together, and all within a moderate walk to the university.
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby SunlessNick » Thu May 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Image

"Shall we go check them out?" Zara asks.
SunlessNick
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby jp1885 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm

Image

"I think so, yes. One property each?"

He smiles at Mo.

"You can rely on our discretion my dear. Perhaps you'd best head home; no doubt your father will be extremely relieved to see you."
User avatar
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:00 pm
Location: Herefordshire, UK

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri May 29, 2020 2:08 am

Image

"Agreed," says Liz, "but there are four of us, and three other locations. Maybe one of us should go with Mo to make sure that bounder doesn't try again. It's been great meeting you, Mo. Mum's the word. I'm glad we were able to help."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37728
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Fri May 29, 2020 9:13 am

Pleased by the willingness of her new acquaintances to keep quiet, Mo grins and grabs Zara's hand. Leading her to the mansion, she whispers "We've just been out drinking, OK?" No doubt the shared bottle of gin back at the drive-in led Mo to select Zara for this ploy.

Before they quite reach the front door, it is pulled open by a middle-aged man in a rumpled tuxedo.

"About time you got back, young lady," he says sternly. "Your mother and I --"

"She's not my mother," Mo replies as she leads Zara into the elegantly furnished home.

"We were worried about you," the man continues. He sighs, and relaxes slightly. "At least you didn't bring home some boy. And you smell like booze, not that Mary Jane stuff." He stares at Zara. "I suppose this is one of your hippie friends, looking for a place to sleep it off?"

___________________________________________________________________________________

The others head out to the three remaining houses. One is dark, and nobody answers to repeated ringing of the doorbell. At another, largest of the four, a butler opens the door and merely says "Yes?" At the third, smaller than the others, a man in casual clothing can be seen working with some power equipment in his garage.

Spoiler:
let me know who is investigating which house.
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby jp1885 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:12 pm

Spoiler:
jp1885 rolled 1d3:
1
Image

Tony opts for the first, seemingly deserted house. After waiting a polite amount of time, he stealthily looks for a way to the rear of the property, sneaking a glance through the windows as he goes.
User avatar
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:00 pm
Location: Herefordshire, UK

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby SunlessNick » Fri May 29, 2020 3:22 pm

Image

"Hey dude," Zara says. "No MJ or acid, swear. Mo said it's her stepmom's birthday - I could do her a picture."
SunlessNick
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby Starspawn338 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Image
Lew takes the second house. As the butler opens the door, Lew responds politely to his inquiry.

"Good day Sir. I was involved in an motor vehicle hit and run accident just outside town. The man was driving a Rolls Royce and as he sped away, a map flew out of his window. On that map was marked an "X" at this location. Can you tell me who owns this house and whether they own a Rolls?"
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat May 30, 2020 3:59 am

Image

"Good evening, sir," says Liz, approaching. "I'm sorry to disturb you at this late hour, but my friends and I have thwarted an attempted kidnapping in the area, and we wanted to make sure that everyone was okay and ask if anyone has seen anything. The kidnapper got away and may still be around." She describes the man. "Have you seen anyone matching that description, or anything unusual?"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37728
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Sat May 30, 2020 8:43 am

jp1885 wrote:
Tony opts for the first, seemingly deserted house. After waiting a polite amount of time, he stealthily looks for a way to the rear of the property, sneaking a glance through the windows as he goes.


Spoiler:
DEX = 14 + 1 for sneak = 15
VictoriaSilverwolf rolled 1d20:
11


Moving with feline grace despite the darkness, Tony is able to avoid falling into a swimming pool in the back yard, which has been drained of water. The sliding glass door leading from the house to the back yard has been broken. Shards of glass lie scattered across the carpet just beyond the door.
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Sat May 30, 2020 8:58 am

SunlessNick wrote:
"Hey dude," Zara says. "No MJ or acid, swear. Mo said it's her stepmom's birthday - I could do her a picture."


With a single raised eyebrow, Mister van der Maas replies "Artist, are you? Well, let's see if you can back up that claim." He moves into another room and says "Kitten? There's a girl here says she can paint your portrait."

Emerging from the room on the arm of the older man is a woman hardly out of her teens, ash-blonde hair flowing to her hips over a black sheath dress. She blinks her china-blue eyes at Zara and says "
Un artiste! Comme c'est merveilleux! Where is your studio, cherie? Shall I wear this, or be painted au naturale?"

Just behind the pair, Mo can be seen miming gagging.
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Sat May 30, 2020 9:03 am

Starspawn338 wrote:
"Good day Sir. I was involved in an motor vehicle hit and run accident just outside town. The man was driving a Rolls Royce and as he sped away, a map flew out of his window. On that map was marked an "X" at this location. Can you tell me who owns this house and whether they own a Rolls?"


"I can assure you that Mister Sloane prefers Jaguars, sir. Are you injured? Shall I call the police?"

A tall, slender, older man, walking briskly despite the use of a cane, makes his way to the door.

"What's all this, then? Accident? Ruddy young hoodlums. Come in, come in, have a brandy to steady your nerves. Don't just stand there, Marston, let the fellow in. Now what's all this rot about a map? Hardly a place for buried treasure, what?"
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby VictoriaSilverwolf » Sat May 30, 2020 9:14 am

Mr. Handy wrote:
"Good evening, sir," says Liz, approaching. "I'm sorry to disturb you at this late hour, but my friends and I have thwarted an attempted kidnapping in the area, and we wanted to make sure that everyone was okay and ask if anyone has seen anything. The kidnapper got away and may still be around." She describes the man. "Have you seen anyone matching that description, or anything unusual?"


The man, a fellow of middle-years, wearing safety goggles, dressed in a work shirt and blue jeans, shuts off the power tool he's been using and looks at Liz.

"Kidnapping? No, I don't know anything about it. You a cop? Say, come to think of it, I haven't seen the Baxter boy around for a while. Tommy usually hangs around here on weekends, helps me with my work. Has something happened to him?"
User avatar
VictoriaSilverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:54 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tennessee USA

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby jp1885 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:15 pm

Image

Tony moves slowly and carefully. If whoever has broken in is still around, they’ll have been alerted by his knocking.

He cautiously checks around the slide door; has it been opened for instance? If he feels it’s safe, he walks in, stick ready to confront any intruders.
User avatar
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:00 pm
Location: Herefordshire, UK

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat May 30, 2020 3:52 pm

Image

"Thank you. I don't know if anything's happened to him, but I'll keep an eye out for him," says Liz, ignoring his question about whether she's a cop. She's secretly pleased that he'd even consider the notion that a woman could be a cop. "How old is he, what does he look like, and where does he live?"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37728
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Track 7:San Francisco-Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Ha

Postby Starspawn338 » Sat May 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Image

"Oh I'm fine Sir. No injuries." Lew says as he shakes his head at the offer of a drink. "From what I could see, there may have been a person in distress in the Rolls. It may have been because of the accident but it's also possible that they were there against their will. Is anyone you know missing?" Lew continues. "I just can't figure out why this house was marked on the map."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

PreviousNext

Return to Groovy Ghastly Affair

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests