Page 8 of 22

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:22 pm
by Bullfrog
OOC:   spot hidden 26%,
Bullfrog rolled 1d100:
55
 


"I say we comb through this house first. Like Howard here said: if they're out in the swamps, they could be anywhere. Our old friends could spring an ambush on us in the bayou." suggests Lawrence, cradling his rifle, his voice still somewhat lowered.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

William peers out into the distance and is just able to see something.

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden roll (60% skill) looking for the boats:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
56

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:02 am
by Philulhu
William peered out into the swamp. He thought he saw movement low among the cypress trees but he couldn’t be sure.

As he turned away, he glanced down. In the mud at the edge of the water were signs that two boats had been beached. He couldn’t be sure but it looked from the footprints like a scuffle may have taken place and body dragged in the direction of the boats.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:47 am
by peper757
Spoiler:
peper757 rolled 1d100:
77

"Okay then, let's check the house first, but let's be careful." Thomas says, his rifle at the ready. "There might be more of those things from last time."

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

"Wait, I see something!" says William, pointing out the boats and describing what he sees. "They've got someone, and if we don't hurry that someone will be dead."

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:28 am
by HoneyDog
"What!" says Howard, alarmed. "Let's get down there!"

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am
by Philulhu
Spoiler:
For clarity, William thought he saw movement out on the bayou but couldn’t be sure what he saw. Some movement caught his eye but he couldn’t make out any details.

To rear of the property, the water is no more than 10 yards away. By the water’s edge, there were marks in the mud that looked to have been made by two skiffs being pulled up onto the shore (as seen by Oscar), along with footprints that suggested a struggle. Of those boats, there is currently no sign, nor have you yet seen any other boats at the property.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

"We can't exactly swim out there," says William, "and I don't see any other boats. Maybe we can rent one?"

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:52 am
by HoneyDog
"From where?" says Howard, frustrated. "Why don't you go down there and see if you can see which way they might have headed. I'm going inside now!"

He enters the house.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

"From the locals, maybe," says William. He heads down to the water and tries to get a closer look.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am
by peper757
"I'm coming with you, Howard!" Thomas says as he follows him inside.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:09 pm
by Philulhu
William stepped down carefully to the water’s edge and studied the area opposite the house carefully. It was peaceful until there was a sudden flurry of movement as two herons took flight, startled by an alligator nearby. As he looked across the water, Wiiliam became aware of ripples on the surface as the ancient reptiles leisurely swam in search of food. It seemed there were more prosaic dangers here, in addition to anything the Browns were mixed up in.

Behind him, Howard and Thomas carefully walked down the steps into the basement. At the bottom of the steps, a square room opened up before them. To their left a grill at ceiling level let in some faint light from outside. Ahead were two doors. The nearest one to the right, they guessed, would lead to stairs to the upper floors. The second was further back, in the middle of the wall, next to an empty fire place.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:34 am
by Bullfrog
Lawrence followed his compatriots into the basement, rifle at the ready.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:01 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

Having seen everything he can, William returns to the house and also ventures into the basement, wondering how they keep it from getting flooded.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:33 am
by HoneyDog
"Let's check that second door" says Howard, indicating the furthest one.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:41 pm
by Philulhu
William looked around the dark walls of the cellar. It appeared that they had been painted in some kind of bitumen compound to try to keep the water at bay.

Howard moved across the rough floor in the direction of the door. He reached out and carefully opened the door. In the light from the torches carried by his comrades, a large room was illuminated beyond. Against the back wall, there was a familiar looking white sheet hanging from the ceiling and some large wooden crates supported by trestles... ...

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:05 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

William grips his shotgun and remains silent, not wanting to alert anyone who may be down here.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:56 am
by HoneyDog
Gripping his shotgun, Howard moves carefully forward to take a peek at what's behind the sheet...

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:56 pm
by peper757
Thomas decides to keeps an eye on the door they had just come through whilst the others are investigating the sheet.

Re: Ch.8 Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:17 pm
by Philulhu
Spoiler:
Light sources - there is limited light in the basement. Who’s carrying the flashlight(s)?