IC-Breakfast(various)

A group of strangers at a highway truck stop must cooperate to survive as the world becomes overwhelmed with legions of the living dead. But more terror awaits them as they race to prevent the end of mankind and the coming of the Zombie Apocalypse. (This is a Blood Brothers Campaign based on Call of Cthulhu Rules and the films of George Romero).

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:34 am

Image
Spoiler:
Spot Hidden 56
Starspawn338 rolled 1d100:
6

Excellent. Now that is an Extreme Success!
I want to know what I see before I follow Bo inside.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:14 am

Spoiler:
The first thing Jim noticed was the reduced traffic on I-80. There was still some traffic heading east, but there was none at all going west. In the far distance to the east, he could make out a faint orange glow. Estimating the distance, he guessed it was coming from Sidney. As good as his eyesight was, if that was a fire, it had to be a pretty big one for him to be able to see it at all from this distance. While there were no vehicles coming from that direction, he could see a few tiny figures on the road coming that way, apparently people on foot. They were still several miles away.
Image
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37206
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:35 am

Spoiler:
Silver Priest rolled 1d100:
5


Extreme success!
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Mallard » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:27 am

Dr. Brigetta Hausmann
Image
Dr. Hausmann lets out a small gasp as upon hearing her name she looks up from her laptop to see a heavily armed man standing over their table. Seeing he was wearing a State Trooper uniform she regains her composure somewhat and responds "I'm Dr. Hausmann" as she closed her laptop screen.

Willie
Image
The cameraman, now full on bacon eggs and delicious hash browns can't help but overhear the the slur hurled by the skinhead. Looking at Tisha he says "Maybe it is time to make a move. Things look like they might become newsworthy in here, soon... and not in a good way."
Mallard
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Dave Syrinx » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:11 am

Image
"I´m tasked to see you safely to your destination, doctor Hausmann. As your helicopter is malfunctioning I have orders to drive you to your next waypoint. If you rather prefer waiting for repairs, I will stay by your side till you are safely off of the ground. Which meets your mission brief more?"

He registers the argument by the bar.


Spoiler:
Parking Lot: Spot Hidden@56%
Dave Syrinx rolled 1d100:
67
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
User avatar
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
 
Posts: 6662
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Sweden, West Coast

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:27 pm

"'Bout time." Tisha says. She looks over at the skinheads and shoots them a disgusted look, but that's all she does. She had no intention of getting sidetracked from the real story.

She explains her next move to Willie. "I'm friends with the head of the nearby air force base, and he owes me a favor. I'm thinking I talk my way in and get an interview with him, couch it in terms of reassuring the public in these trying times, yadda yadda. If all goes well things will go viral and I'll be the source people around the country are quoting to learn more about what's going on."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Spoiler:
The first thing Sean noticed was the reduced traffic on I-80. There was still some traffic heading east, but there was none at all going west. In the far distance to the east, he could make out a faint orange glow. Estimating the distance, he guessed it was coming from Sidney. As good as his eyesight was, if that was a fire, it had to be a pretty big one for him to be able to see it at all from this distance. While there were no vehicles coming from that direction, he could see a few tiny figures on the road coming that way, apparently people on foot. They were still several miles away.
Image

Spoiler:
One thing that concerned Tisha and Willie was that their sound guy, Larry, was supposed to meet them here, but he had still not arrived. Someone else could be hired to do the job; all they really needed was someone to hold the microphone close enough to pick up the audio but not so close that it appeared in the shot. It was the sort of thing they could teach someone the basics of on the ride there, or they might be able to find someone at their destination.

Spoiler:
Willie had been with Larry in Kosovo, and it wasn't like him to be late. Besides, when he had spoken to Larry on the phone earlier this morning, Larry had seemed anxious and had said he had wanted to tell them something, and he had said he would meet them at the T-Bone.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37206
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Silver Priest » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:54 am

Sean enters the cafe once again and approaches Dr. Hausmann and the others.

"Not much traffic out there right now, and what's there is heading east to Sidney. Some orange glow is coming from there; it looks like a fire, but would have to be pretty big to see it all the way here. Looks like we've got a few stragglers coming this way on foot too."

He looks up at the TV again, and feels for his rifle.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:33 am

Image
Jim follows Sean inside to the group of scientists. "We need to find Bob and see if we're going to get the 'copter into the air. If not, we need another vehicle because I don't think we can all fit in the trooper's cruiser. Jim says as he turns to Bo. I'm Jim. I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name?"
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Dave Syrinx » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:06 am

Image
"Bo Richards, Nebraska Highway Patrol." He nods at Jim, the Woodlands Ranger.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
User avatar
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
 
Posts: 6662
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Sweden, West Coast

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Raiko » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Baldwin:
Image

Damnit! Damnit! Damnit! I just want to eat my damn breakfast!

"Excuse me?" Baldwin replies as nonchalantly as he can.
User avatar
Raiko
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4482
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 8:45 am
Location: Lancashire, UK

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Raiko » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Lynne:
Image
"Jeez, I'd better get them their order before they start another fight. Maybe I'll see you later?"

Lynne gives Randall the once-over and slowly runs her tongue over her top lip. Then she walks back to the food counter to look for Flip's waffles and whatever the hell she was meant to be taking to f***ing Horst.
User avatar
Raiko
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4482
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 8:45 am
Location: Lancashire, UK

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:31 am

8:53 AM
In the diner-
"I'll go put your order in," said Ashley to Luke, heading off into the kitchen.

As if summoned by his name being uttered, Bob Larkin entered the diner a little behind Bo, Jim, and Sean, who were near the scientists' table. It looked like everyone was already here.

"You can count on it," Randall said to Lynne, smiling back.

Flip salivated when Lynne approached his table with the waffles. It wasn't clear whether it was because of her or the food, or both. When she set the plate down in front of him, he began to dig into the meal.

David emerged from the office at the back into the diner. Hammond poked his head out of the door and beckoned to Horst before ducking back inside.

"About f***ing time," muttered Hammond, getting to his feet and forgetting all about Baldwin - at least for now. "If he'd kept me waiting any longer..."

"But the food just got here..." said Flip around a mouthful of waffles.

"It'll still be here when we're done. Come on, this is important."

Flip followed Horst to the office, giving one last longing look back at the waffles and another at Lynne before entering and shutting the door behind them.

Spoiler:
Ashley is moving to the thread linked below:

On the Grill

Spoiler:
Horst and Flip are moving to the thread linked below:

Private Meeting
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37206
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Image
"There he is." Jim says as he sees Bob walk into the restaurant. "What's the verdict on the helicopter? Can you get it fixed?"
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Mallard » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:40 am

Dr. Brigetta Hausmann
Image
"Stragglers approaching... on foot?" says the Doctor, suddenly looking alarmed. "And a fire that's that within a visible distance..." She pauses. "It's time to leave. Now" Snatching up her laptop and standing up Dr. Hausmann finally remembers herself and lowers her voice. "Trooper, if that helicopter isn't airworthy you need to commandeer us another truck." says the Dr, looking Bo directly in the eye.


Willie
Image
"I need a smoke. Lets wait out int he parking lot. I'm sure Larry will be here soon, they man is a reliable at they come. Besides, I cant hold a camera and a mic, so we need him." Willie motions at the waitress to bring over their bill.
Mallard
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Raiko » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Baldwin:
Image
"Thank f*** for that." Baldwin whispers to himself, relieved that the two skinheads were gone for now.

He returns to eating his breakfast and minding his own business, while watching the news nervously. This had to be some kind of government experiment gone wrong, or maybe aliens.

Those sciencey looking women over there looked worried, and so did the cop talking to them. Definitely the government.

Baldwin takes out his phone to see if he can get a data connection. He wanted some real news, not this government censored stuff. If the truth's not on coasttocoastam.com it'll definitely be Reddit somewhere...

Spoiler:
OOC:   Edited because I forgot that infowars was a right wing conspiracy site, not at all where Baldwin would be looking  
User avatar
Raiko
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4482
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 8:45 am
Location: Lancashire, UK

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Raiko » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Lynne:
Image
"Just a minute honey, be right back," Lynne goes to get the bill for Willie and Trisha, on the way she sees Bo in body armour and toting a shotgun, "Shit Bo, there ain't no riot in here, just Horst trying to start trouble."
User avatar
Raiko
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 4482
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 8:45 am
Location: Lancashire, UK

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Dave Syrinx » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Image
Seeing Jim, Bob reports, "It´s a days work fixing the fuel hose. And I need a few extra hands to do it. The grease monkeys won´t help out. Could you and Sean come back with me and get her back in action? Might take just a few hours if we work together. Then it´s an issue with fuel. Need to find a depot on the way to refuel. Maybe some Air Force Base en route to Omaha?"


Image
Bo looks at the doctor. "I have four spots open. If you need extra wheels, that´s on you. Jump in and pick your besties and we´re off." He goes up to Rosie and kisses her on the mouth. "I´m coming back for you when the dust has settled and we can head to that cabin you talk about. Got a ride to take care of."

Image
Walking out of the office, David sees the state trooper being all mushy with ol´Rosie. "Which one of your ladies wanna a piece of the action on the road to Cheyenne? I´m leaving right now and you´re invited. " He winks at the state trooper. "Not you Bo, too surly for my taste."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
User avatar
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
 
Posts: 6662
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Sweden, West Coast

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:44 pm

Image
Jim looks at Dr. Hausmann curiously. "What is it about people on foot that's got you spooked? You do realize that Omaha is east of here so we'd be driving right towards the fire and them people walking away from it to get there."

Jim nods to Bob. "I don't have any mechanic skills but I got hands that I can use to help you with. It's probably best to take a few hours and fly to Omaha than try to drive there."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Breakfast(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Image
Gary finishes his coffee and pulls out a twenty to pay his bill. Now that the skinheads are out of the cafe, it looks like a good time to make an exit.

He can't help but notice how agitated the group is by the table and being the curious sort, he listens to them talk, trying to make sure that it doesn't look like he's listening. He's got a car and he's a good mechanic and he doesn't have to be anywhere right now, maybe it wouldn't hurt to get on the good side of Johnny Law with all the s*** going down right now, he thinks to himself.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

PreviousNext

Return to Zombie Apocalypse Reanimated

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest