IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

A group of strangers at a highway truck stop must cooperate to survive as the world becomes overwhelmed with legions of the living dead. But more terror awaits them as they race to prevent the end of mankind and the coming of the Zombie Apocalypse. (This is a Blood Brothers Campaign based on Call of Cthulhu Rules and the films of George Romero).

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Silver Priest » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:54 am

Hearing the zombies were close, Tony brings the desk over to the room the others had just ducked into. He plans to put the desk up against the door after they're all inside. He feels a bit bad for Jim and the others, but reasons they have guns-- they don't.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:02 am

Image
Jim will sling the rifle on his back and begin reloading his pistol as he falls back to get a better shooting position should the infected breach the stairway.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:04 am

Image
Mitchell will begin reloading his shotgun as he heads to where Ellen had shouted from.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby aine » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 pm

Samantha shoots the lone zombie.
Spoiler:
40
aine rolled 4d100:
25, 67, 65, 34
aine rolled 4d6:
1, 3, 1, 5
Damage: 8 and 10.
If she kills it before she runs out of bullets she then fired on the slow zombie lagging behind.
"The zombies are after the old people down below- we must draw them out." She shouts between shots.
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby aine » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:38 pm

Mrs Foo stands resolutely, pointing her pistol at the door.
Spoiler:
25
aine rolled 1d100:
90
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:16 pm

10:27:24 AM
In the private room-
"We're under attack," Mr. Foo told Major Andrews. "How much longer until the troops arrive."

"ETA is about ten minutes," replied the major.

"I don't think we can hold out that long."

Spoiler:
Mr. Foo's Listen roll (58% skill) in the private room:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
60

On the motel balcony-
Jim backed past the corner as he hastily loaded two bullets into his revolver, leaning around it to get a view of the top of the stairs. The barricade was being badly hammered, and pretty soon there was very little of it left. He could see two zombies near the top of the stairs, destroying what little remained. One of them was built like a linebacker, much like one of the fast ones from earlier. Had a whole football team been infected? The other was a tall, skinny woman.

At the southwest corner, Samantha plugged the last zombie heading for the northwest stairs seconds before it would have disappeared from view under the balcony. A good thing too, as that stairway now had the weakest barricade. The barricade on the southwest stairs was being hit too, though not anywhere near as hard. Mitchell retreated to the southeast corner, reloading two shells into his shotgun. He could see far to the north that people were heading into the second room from the end.

Scotty helped Tony carry the desk out through the door and out onto the balcony.

Spoiler:
Samantha, you only got one shot, as we're doing individual combat rounds, and there's only one zombie you could see to target. Fortunately, you hit and killed it. That leaves six zombies. Jim Kerr, you can see two of them, and you may fire at one if you wish. The range is point blank, so the doubling of your skill cancels out the halving for aiming at the head. If you hit the zombie in the head, you will probably kill it, but please roll damage just to make sure. Please also specify which zombie you are targeting. If you kill one, the other will be held up on the last of the barricade long enough to keep it from you. However, if you miss, one of the two zombies will be able to attack you. You may instead take a different action if you wish. Mitchell and Samantha, you cannot see any of the zombies from your current positions.

Damage to northwest barricade from zombie 1:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
2
+
Mr. Handy rolled 1d6:
4

Damage to rear barricade from zombie 2:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
2
+
Mr. Handy rolled 1d4:
1

Damage to rear barricade from zombie 3:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
1

Damage to southwest barricade from zombie 4:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
3

Damage to rear barricade from zombie 5:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
1
+
Mr. Handy rolled 1d4:
2

Damage to northwest barricade from zombie 6:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
1
+
Mr. Handy rolled 1d4:
4

Spoiler:
Samantha is no longer temporarily insane.

In the upstairs motel room-
"Hurry!" Cathy called out the open door to Tony and Scotty. "Get inside, fast!"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 36661
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:43 am

Image
Jim fires at the larger of the two zombies.
Spoiler:
Pistol 62
Starspawn338 rolled 1d100:
62

Damage 1d10+1d4+2
Starspawn338 rolled 1d10:
1

Starspawn338 rolled 1d4:
3

Damage 6
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:40 am

Image
Mitchell will head toward the room the others are gathering in as he continues to load his shotgun.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:32 pm

Seeing the others fighting, Tony is torn on fleeing and staying to assist in reinforcing the barricade. But he's never been a brave man, and one of his son's was already injured. He had to protect his other one. He enters into the room, waiting for Mitchell to come inside( if he wants to) before he closes the door and sets the furniture against it.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Leonulf » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:58 am

Jenny helps move the room furtniture to barricade the door itself "This should be pretty secure once we have blocked the doorway, I hope the others are able to clear out all the zombies"
User avatar
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:10 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:22 am

10:27:36 AM
In the private room-
"Hold out as long as you can, then," said Major Andrews. "We need those reports for as long as you can make them. The less time we're effectively blind, the better. What have you got on Russia?"

"Understood," said Mr. Foo. He went back to reporting on the chaos in Russia, which while not as bad as China, was still in dire shape.

On the motel balcony-
Jim fired his revolver, barely taking off the top of the big guy's head. He stood still and staggered for a second and then fell, tumbling back down the stairs. The female zombie smashed through the rest of the barricade and stumbled onto the balcony, stretching her arms out toward him and moaning. She was only a few feet away.

Samantha hesitated, and then she saw the female zombie breach the barricade and make it to the balcony, where she went after Jim. It was a straight shot to the north from her position, and she'd have one chance to hit her with her rifle. She could hear the barricade on the southwest stairs nearby being broken, but the stairway was still halfway blocked. It would hold long enough for her to deal with the zombie.

Mitchell loaded another two shells as he ran north along the east side of the motel's balcony, getting about halfway to the room which Tony and Scotty entered.

Spoiler:
Damage to rear barricade from zombie 2:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
2
+
Mr. Handy rolled 1d4:
1

Damage to rear barricade from zombie 3:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
3

Damage to southwest barricade from zombie 4:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
3

Damage to rear barricade from zombie 5:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
1
+
Mr. Handy rolled 1d4:
2

Jim, you may fire one more time at the second zombie at point blank range before it reaches you. However, if you miss, or if you don't do enough damage, it will get to attack unless Samantha takes it down. If you want to retreat to the east, please roll DEX x 5. Failure means the zombie will get to attack before you get out of reach.

Samantha, you may also fire one shot at the zombie. Your range is not point blank, just normal range for a rifle, so your skill would be halved. There is no risk to you this round.

In the upstairs motel room-
Tony and Scotty pulled the desk into the room. "Hurry!" screamed Ellen.

"Wait!" said Scotty to Jenny. "Someone else is coming!"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 36661
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Silver Priest » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:05 am

"Yeah, and he's got a gun," Tony assures the others. "So uh, let's wait. It looks like our boys are doing well at holding the infected off. If things go sideways though I'm ready to close and barricade the door."

"Good job being so considerate, son!" He beams at Scotty, glad he and Cathy were rising the boy right.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2477
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:04 pm

Image
Spoiler:
Pistol 62
Starspawn338 rolled 1d100:
95

Damage 1d10+1d4+2
Starspawn338 rolled 1d10:
9

Starspawn338 rolled 1d4:
2

Jim backs up a couple steps and fires his last bullet at the woman charging forward.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:08 pm

Image
Mitchell continues to move down the hall to where the others are, finishing loading his shotgun as he goes.
"You saw how barricading worked on the front door downstairs. They are going to just batter it down. It's best to kill them." He says to Tony.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby aine » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:49 pm

Spoiler:
62/62: what a shot, Starspawn!

Samantha has no time to assess what the situation; that lady zombie is almost upon Jim. She lifts her rifle and shoots along the balcony:
Spoiler:
40
aine rolled 1d100:
95

But it misses the zombie by a mile. "RUN, Jim!" She screams. "Where the hell are the others?! We can't hold them off on our own!"
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:33 pm

10:27:48 AM
In the private room-
"Vladivostok went nuclear," reported Mr. Foo, "but the Russian Pacific fleet had already been sent out to sea. I'm fairly sure this one was self-inflicted."

"I sure hope so," said Major Andrews. "The last thing we need is them thinking we did it."

On the motel balcony-
Both shots missed the lady, who lurched around the corner and out of Samantha's line of sight. She tried to grab Jim, who just narrowly eluded her grasp. However, his revolver was now empty, and his rifle was still jammed.

The hammering on the barricaded southwest stairs near Samantha continued. The barricade was mostly gone now, but it would still hold a little while longer.

Mitchell reached the open door to the motel room where everyone was gathering, his shotgun now fully loaded.

Spoiler:
Samantha, you cannot see the zombie from your current position. Jim, you have one round to act now. If you attack the zombie with a hand-to-hand attack, such as with your nun-chucks or unarmed, you may aim at the head by subtracting 5 from your effective skill. If you want to try to flee, you will need to roll DEX x 5 to not be attacked from behind before escaping.

Damage to rear barricade from zombie 2:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
3
+
Mr. Handy rolled 1d4:
3

Damage to southwest barricade from zombie 4:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
3

Zombie 6's Bite attack (30% chance) on Jim:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
79

Zombie 6's Grapple attack (25% chance) on Jim:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
31

In the upstairs motel room-
"Thanks, Dad!" said Scotty. "It might be worth bonus points."

Mitchell was now visible on the balcony just outside the door.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 36661
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby aine » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:01 pm

Samantha wants to protect the southwest staircase but Jim is in even more immediate peril: she runs after the lady zombie, hoping to shoot her from behind.
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby aine » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Mrs Foo looks over at her husband fondly; he was so dedicated and brace. She looks back at the door and waits.
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2784
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:52 pm

Image
Spoiler:
Nunchucks 66 (Head shot) 61
Starspawn338 rolled 1d100:
16


Damage 1d8+1d4
Starspawn338 rolled 1d8:
1

Starspawn338 rolled 1d4:
2


Starspawn338 rolled 1d100:
46


Damage 1d8+1d4
Starspawn338 rolled 1d8:
8

Starspawn338 rolled 1d4:
1


With no bullets left in his pistol, Jim whips out his nunchucks and smashes them down on the infected woman's head, one after the other.

"You're not going to get me today!" He shouts.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:04 pm

Image
Mitchell will stand ready at the door to shoot any infected coming around the corner.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
User avatar
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:36 am
Location: Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

PreviousNext

Return to Zombie Apocalypse Reanimated

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest