IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

A group of strangers at a highway truck stop must cooperate to survive as the world becomes overwhelmed with legions of the living dead. But more terror awaits them as they race to prevent the end of mankind and the coming of the Zombie Apocalypse. (This is a Blood Brothers Campaign based on Call of Cthulhu Rules and the films of George Romero).

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Re: IC-Hold Down the Fort(various)

Postby Starspawn338 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:26 pm

Jim looks off to the field beyond the parking lot as he counts the infected heading their way.

"Looks like we got company. We're going to have to take them out before we do anything else. Anyone got a long range weapons I can use? I only have my pistol and I would prefer not letting them get that close."
Life is a tragedy to those who feel
Life is a comedy to those who think
Life is a fantasy to those who game
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:45 am

Behind the motel-
"We're going to go for the compound now!" called Kimberly. "If you want to come, hurry up and join us!"

On the motel balcony-
Spoiler:
Mitchell, please roll Idea.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Starspawn338 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:49 am

Spoiler:
Idea 80
Starspawn338 rolled 1d100:
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept

Postby Starspawn338 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:52 am

"We're going to go for the compound now!" called Kimberly. "If you want to come, hurry up and join us!"

"Okay. The truck's out back with the keys in it." Gary replies and heads down the stairs to the truck.
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept

Postby aine » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:15 pm

Spoiler:
Is Samantha back with the others on the west side yet?
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:34 pm

Spoiler:
She will be after the next major update.

Spoiler:
Mitchell realized that once he started barricading the northwest stairs, there would be no way to get up to the balcony from the rear of the building. This could pose problems for anyone trying to barricade the rear entrance of the motel. It also occurred to him that he ought to reload his shotgun, which he could easily do while moving. He only had four shells, and he would likely need more. Perhaps someone here had some to spare. Finally, he remembered about Dave's ex-girlfriend Zoe, who was possibly being held captive at the skinheads' compound. He wasn't sure where Dave was now, but he would have to choose between being part of the rescue effort or helping to defend the motel. He couldn't do both.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Leonulf » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:56 am

Jimmy nods to Jim "Well I have this assault rifle, pretty sure you would be a better shot than me if you want to use it, I would like to head to the compound with Kimberley I am more use sneaking than shooting, I reckon I could try and free the girls if they have them locked up somewhere...", he offers out the rifle to Jim.
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Leonulf » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:00 am

Jenny follows Mitchell to the other side "I'll help on that side as well."
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Starspawn338 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:44 am

Spoiler:
I reloaded my shotgun in my last post before being moved to this thread and haven't fired since. I don't know how to link a post so I can't do the easy route.

By other side, I meant the front stairwells. I thought the truck was blocking the other back stairwell (although if it is moved, that won't be the case.)

After Mitchell brings the first load to the front stairwell, he yells over the front balcony to the people inside the motel. "Dave? You down there?"
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept

Postby Starspawn338 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:49 am

"Well I have this assault rifle, pretty sure you would be a better shot than me if you want to use it, I would like to head to the compound with Kimberley I am more use sneaking than shooting, I reckon I could try and free the girls if they have them locked up somewhere...",

Jim takes the proffered rifle from Jimmy.
"Thanks kid. Are your parents around here?" Jim says as he checks the rifle to see how many rounds he has.
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:11 am

10:17 AM
In the motel kitchen-
Ms. Foo stepped carefully over the broken furniture where the back door used to be as she entered the motel.

In the private room-
Mr. Foo contacted Warren Air Force Base again and was soon connected with Major Andrews. "I have news for you, Major," he said. "One of our new defenders mentioned that Erica Spears is transporting a Dr. Brigetta Hausmann to Omaha with information about the disease. He said that you should make sure the helicopter makes it to Omaha."

"Thank you, but I'm not sure what we can do about that," replied the major. "Our helicopters are nowhere near there. They're all at or around our base except for the three that are on their way to you, and they won't even reach your position for another twenty minutes or so. By that time, the other helicopter will be further away. Even if they could locate it on radar and catch up to it, they don't have the fuel to make it to Omaha and back."

Behind the motel-
Tony had already left, but Cathy took the keys from Ms. Foo before the older woman entered the motel. "Thank you, we'll get to work blocking the back door," she said. She took the keys and unlocked the nearest motel room on ground level. Bobby and Scotty followed her inside.

"Thanks!" called Kimberly, leading the way to the pickup truck and soon reaching it.

"I'm driving," said Bo.

"Great, I call shotgun. We can put more one person up front, and up to four in the bed behind the cab. Youngster, you should ride up front with us, since you don't have a rifle any more. That way those who do have them can fire from the back."

"I'm with you," said Wallace, heading to the back of the pickup truck. "I don't feel so hot, but you guys need all the help you can get."

Jim Kerr took the M-16 from Jimmy and checked it over. It had 24 out of 30 bullets left in the magazine. It also had an M-203 underbarrel grenade launcher, but that was empty.

Hammond headed over to the northwest stairs. "I'm too pooped," he said. "I'm gonna go upstairs and rest."

Tony made his way south to the southeast stairs. They were not completely barricaded yet, but they had more than enough to keep anyone from traversing the stairs. He soon reached the corner.

Spoiler:
Everyone other than Jim Kerr, who got a critical success, may roll Spot Hidden again. The base skill is 25%.

On the motel balcony-
Samantha crossed over to the northwest corner. Looking out over the grass, she could see it waving most of a mile away, but she couldn't make out what was causing the motion. Gary headed north across the balcony toward her, but he had a little ways to go before he reached her. Luke went with Gary. "Hey, I'll come too," he said. "I'm all for rescuing damsels in distress."

Ellen, Jenny and the dogs followed Mitchell to the southeast corner. "I've got the keys, so I'll open up the nearest room to the stairs," said Ellen. "That way we don't have to lug it as far. I still think we ought to finish blocking up the stairs to the southwest. They're not completely full of furniture yet, but I can't manage it on my own."

Spoiler:
Oops, sorry, I missed the reloading reference. :oops: Mitchell's weapon list now correctly shows that he has all four of his remaining shells loaded.

Everyone other than Mitchell, who got an extreme success, may roll Spot Hidden again. The base skill is 25%.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:44 am

Tony frowns as he hears that some of the others were planning to leave. While he feels for the girls being kept hostage, the fact remained that the infected were bearing down on this position-- his family, and the entire country was in danger. But not wanting to waste anytime trying to reason with them, he continues towards the RV as quickly as he can.

Spoiler:
Silver Priest rolled 1d100:
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Leonulf » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Jimmy laughs uneasily "No problem, hah my parents? Didn't know I had any. None of the foster homes I ever stayed at had adults suitable to call parents. You know what, I feel safer here with the dead coming back to life. The skinheads? Well thats just much of a muchness. The system ain't any kids friend."
Leonulf
Keeper
Keeper

Postby aine » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:36 pm

Samantha looks at Gary. "Are you leaving?" She asks him. She looks hard at the waving grass and tries to determine if it's just the wind... or something else.
"Heads up everyone!" She shouts. "I can't see what it is but something is disturbing the grass, maybe a mile out. Can anyone see it? I want to see if there's a hatch or something to get onto the roof. Hey, Ellen do you know if there's an access hatch for that radio equipment on the roof?" She calls.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Postby aine » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:46 pm

Mrs Foo closes any doors she can and goes to the private room door, she knocks on it.
Spoiler:
"Husband, let me in."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Starspawn338 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:50 am

"Are you leaving?"

"Yea, the skinheads took those women hostage when they left. I can't leave them to their fate." Gary replies over his shoulder. "People got to make a choice. Hold out here waiting for the military or rescuing the women from the skinheads. I'm making my choice."

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden 50
Starspawn338 rolled 1d100:
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept

Postby Starspawn338 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:00 am

Mitchell yells again to anyone below him. Dave? Does anyone know what happened to Dave?

Then to the others up on the balcony with him, "We gotta hurry it up. They're going to be here soon. Do you see them walking through the grass. About 20 or so. I'm going to need some more shotgun ammo." Mitchell says as he heads to the room that Ellen unlocks. "Can the two of you do that other one while I do this one?"
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept

Postby Starspawn338 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 am

"Guys, guys. We got a large group of infected coming through the grass. I make it 18. They'll be here in a few minutes. I don't think we can leave this area compromised like that." Jim says as he goes to the pickup. "But I'm not in charge here."
Starspawn338
Adept
Adept

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:40 pm

10:18 AM
In the motel lobby-
Ms. Foo crossed the lobby and knocked on the door to the private room. There were no other doors on her route to close, as they had all been smashed to pieces.

In the private room-
"Can you give me an update on the world situation?" asked Major Andrews.

"It's getting worse, Major," said Mr. Foo. "The problems seem to be moving from east to west. They appear to have started in Asia and later swept over Europe. From what I can tell, it may be connected with the meteor shower last night. That also progressed from east to west, shortly before everything started going to hell. I'll check to see what's happening now." There was a knock at the door. "Hold on a minute." He went over to the door and opened it to see his wife, then spoke to her in Chinese and stepped aside to let her into the room.

Spoiler:
"You would have been safer on the balcony, my dear," he said, "but I understand that you want to be with me at this time. Hopefully this room will remain secure until the Air Force arrives in twenty minutes, but if it doesn't, there is no other way out of here."

In the downstairs motel room-
"Are you sure you're up to this?" Cathy asked Bobby.

"Yeah, Mom," said Bobby. "I want to help."

"All right, then." Cathy and Bobby started lugging furniture outside. Scotty tried to help, but he pulled a muscle. "I'm not strong enough to barricade," he said. "I need a gun."

Spoiler:
Cathy's STR x 5 roll (45% stat) to barricade the back door:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:

Bobby's STR x 5 roll (65% stat) to barricade the back door:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:

Scotty's STR x 5 roll (40% stat) to barricade the back door:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:

Behind the motel-
"I've seen what those things can do," Kimberly said to Jim Kerr. "Just two of them took down the priest, and he had that rifle you're holding now. It didn't do him much good. I don't even want to think about what eighteen of them will do to this place. The motel is a lost cause. The compound is the only defensible position near here. If we can take it, we can hold out." She got into shotgun seat of the pickup truck while Bo got behind the wheel. "If you change your minds and want to come with us, there's still time."

Wallace climbed into the bed of the pickup truck.

Hammond staggered up the northwest stairs to the balcony.

Cathy and Bobby made an excellent start blockading the back door.

Tony didn't see anything moving on this side of the motel. He crossed the short distance of the lot to where he had parked the RV, got behind the wheel, and started the engine.

Spoiler:
Everyone on ground level who is not in a motel room other than Jim Kerr may roll Spot Hidden again. The base skill is 25%.

In the upstairs motel room-
Mitchell went into the room that Ellen had opened for him and began to move furniture for the barricade.

On the motel balcony-
"Yeah, we can handle the back stairs," Ellen said to Mitchell. "If you want more shells, you should ask Samantha. She brought the shotgun that Jenny has. I'm sorry, I don't know where Dave is. I wish I knew what happened to Charlie. Maybe if you ask Hammond or the other people who just showed up from the truck stop. Come on, Jenny." She led the way back to the southwest corner. "There's no hatch to the roof!" she called back to Samantha. "There's a ladder stored in a shed out back that can be used to reach it, though!"

Samantha walked south, passing Gary. It was clear to her that the waving grass was only in a specific section of the field, and it was moving slowly but inevitably closer. It was now about three quarters of a mile away. Gary and Luke reached the northwest corner and the top of the stairs just as Hammond arrived, wheezing and out of breath.

Spoiler:
Everyone on the balcony other than Mitchell may roll Spot Hidden again. The base skill is 25%.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Silver Priest » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:19 pm

Spoiler:
Silver Priest rolled 1d100:

Tony drives the car over and attempts to position it so that it covers most of the back door of the motel. Hopefully people could squeeze through the small opening he'd leave, but it should at least slow the infected down.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Zombie Apocalypse Reanimated