[IC]Chapter One - Night at the Library

Using the 2018 remastered edition of Masks.

March 1921, Lima, Peru: A disparate group of academics and adventurers gather to assist Augustus Larkin's expedition to locate a pyramid long forgotten by history.

Years later a friendship forged in Peru will bring this group together again - can the investigators unravel the mysteries of the Carlyle Expedition massacre before it's too late?

Moderator: Raiko

[IC]Chapter One - Night at the Library

Postby Raiko » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:11 am

New York Public Library
7:30pm - Wednesday 14th January, 1925

Dr. Sánchez's friend Samuel McConnell meets the investigators at the staff door of the New York Public Library, and ushers them in out of the heavy snow.

"It's a good night for reading Nemesio, but the weather is awful outside. This must be very important for you all to brave the elements."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Re: [IC]Chapter One - Night at the Library

Postby Anatomist » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:14 am

"Well you know me, when i first get an idea stuck in my head, im willing to even go out in a blizzard" Dr. Sánchez takes of his fur coat, cracks his knuckles and lights his pipe "Soo, im trying to research some names... What can we possibly digg up one Dr. Mordecai Lemming he's a the folklorist, maybe that helps, Silas N'Kwane, an african magic expert of some sort, he resides in Harlem at the moment and all information on Mukunga M'Dari, hes also a Harlem resident. He hangs around the Fat Maybelle's establishment, supposed close friend to Maybelle the owner of the joint."

Spoiler:
Anatomist rolled 1d100 and got a total of 31:
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby kabukiman » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:21 am

"Hi, I'm Michal Anderson, and I'm helping Dr Sanchez in his research".

Library use: 60%

kabukiman rolled 1d100 and got a total of 4:
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Zero » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 am

Atauchi gazed about him as he removed his fur adorned coat. On occasion he had assisted the Professor with his research, but this was still very much his area of expertise. That being said, from what he knew of Michael Anderson, he was no slouch in the academic arena himself. No, the Quechua man was merely here in a protective role should the band of cultists make a move against their group.

Spoiler:
Zero rolled 1d100 and got a total of 11:

Spoiler:
Zero rolled 1d100 and got a total of 31:

OOC:   That's a critical success at the Spot Hidden, hopefully there's something to spot this time. I got closer with the Library Use than I thought I would, but alas, not close enough.  
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Postby Raiko » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:15 pm

None of the investigators notice anything usual, and Atauchi is certain that they are not being tailed.

Once everyone is inside Samuel shuts the door and leads the way to the stacks.

"I can't stay much longer myself tonight Nemesio, but you know your way around the place well enough, take as long as you like. I'll let the night watchman know to let you all out when you are done. We have archives of all the New York newspapers, perhaps there's information in there about these people."
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Postby Raiko » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:24 pm

OOC:   I'll use the library use rolls that you've already made when you do your research. Didn't want to post the results immediately, as the other thread is likely to involve more interaction.  
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Postby kabukiman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:32 pm

"Thank you anyway for letting us doing our research". - says Anderson already preparing himself for a long night.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Zero » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:53 am

Atauchi followed Samuel McConnell towards the night watchman's desk. Once there, he took a fair amount of time to confer with the guard about the museum's security measures, number and location of points of entry, and any past attempted break-ins. He wouldn't be doing his due diligence if he didn't perform this mundane task. With the possibility of renewed death cult activity, he couldn't be too cautious.

OOC:   @Raiko If you want to rp the discussion between Atauchi and the watchman, feel free to take it in that direction. I'm game for it.  
Zero
Acolyte
Acolyte

Return to Masks of Nyarlathotep (7th Edition)