Chapter 5: Into the Void (Ray, Nat, Julie)

1976, South California
The Sandoval couple is worried sick: their daughter, Elizabeth, ran off and joined a cult, the Temple of Concordance. They had no contact with her until recently, when she called them, clearly in a state of distress. The call ended abruptly, without any answer from Elizabeth about her status. The police checked up on the Temple, but found everything to be in order: Elizabeth is 21, practicing her right to worship as she wishes. The Sandovals decide to take matters into their own hands...

Moderator: evil_scientist

Re: Chapter 5: Into the Void (Ray, Nat, Julie)

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:02 pm

Spoiler:
"That's right," says Julie, walking toward N' to close the distance so that her eyes are focused on Julie and not on the hangar, which she hopes will give Ray time to sneak out of there. "I was just going to the outhouse. What brings you out here?"

Spoiler:
Psychology roll (10% base skill) about N':
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby aine » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Spoiler:
"Holy crap" Nat thinks as he watches the predatory figure entering the hanger. There's no time to warn Ray, " I guess if no one has spotted him so far in there he must have found somewhere to hide." He scans all round the area for Julie and listens out for any uproar coming from the hanger.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Postby evil_scientist » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:08 pm

aine wrote:
Spoiler:
"Holy crap" Nat thinks as he watches the predatory figure entering the hanger. There's no time to warn Ray, " I guess if no one has spotted him so far in there he must have found somewhere to hide." He scans all round the area for Julie and listens out for any uproar coming from the hanger.

Spoiler:
OOC:   I'm afraid you misread something! So let me clarify:

Ray was in the trailer (7), then he went over and entered the hangar (5). He is now inside.

Julie hides somewhere behind the toilet/outhouse (3).

'N was in the house (4).
'N now came out of the house (4), stopped before the door. At first she wanted to go towards (5), but then changed direction, and took a few steps towards (3).

Nat is hiding at (1).

I hope this clears up the situation!

Also, please make a Listen check!  

Compound map.png
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby aine » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 pm

Spoiler:
OOC: So sorry! I missed that last post on the last page where N turns back towards where Julie is hiding.
Listen roll: rolled 2%

Nat watches N turn round with a sigh of relief. But now she is walking towards Julie! He can't see into the shadows but listens really hard.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Cotton » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:54 am

Spoiler:
Ray will pick up Elizabeth as gingerly as he can, and then head for the building's entrance to check if the coast is clear.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Postby evil_scientist » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:11 am

Spoiler:
'N pauses for a second. Her shoulders are slightly stooped, like that of a derby jammer during countdown.

"Evening stroll, Julie. Go back to the house, Julie, sleep more," she says. Her voice is pitched deeper and deeper. She pronounces Julie's name with a strange emphasis.

Julie realizes, that even up closer, she cannot make out the details of 'N's face. Granted, it's quite dark outside, but even those slight rays of light from the house's windows seem to avoid N'.

---

Make a Sanity roll (0/1)!

Spoiler:
Nat is lucky - the mild desert wind is blowing fragments of the conversation in his direction.

"...Hi there. I didn't notice you. Julie, right?" says one person with a hoarse, strained voice. Can it be 'N? Nat just cannot match this strange voice to that energetic young girl he saw.

At least Julie's voice is normal and recognizable: "That's right. I was just going to the outhouse. What brings you out here?"

"Evening stroll, Julie. Go back to the house, Julie, sleep more," the voice continues, pitching deeper and deeper with every word.

Spoiler:
Ray carefully lifts up Elizabeth. The girl is thin and light, he can carry her without any problem. Moving quickly, or carrying her for a long time could be a problem, though.

Ray sneaks over to the entrance.

The courtyard is dark, not much can be seen.

However, there is a light on in the long house (4). In the slight illumination Ray sees the outlines of two figures standing there.

One of them is Julie - the light reflects from her bright red hair. She is facing towards the hangar.

The second figure is facing Julie (so stands with their back turned to the hangar and Ray). Ray cannot tell who that is - although the most likely possibility is that girl 'N.

Compound map.png
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Previous

Return to On the Precipice