Ch 1a - Entering the Hotel (Bernard, Vivienne, Margery, Ed.)

On the lunar calendar, it is the twelfth of July, 1920; in three days' time, the good people of China will celebrate 中元節, the festival of the dead. The great festival is an ancient tradition shrouded in dark rumours and whispered tales. Now, this festival will be celebrated publicly in Peking city, open to the gazes and inquiries of foreigners. During this month, the 阴气, the aura of death, is at its strongest; it will be during this month that the dead may influence the living realm with an eldritch plot of horror and madness...

Moderators: leestriter, HelplessBystander

Re: Ch 1a - Entering the Hotel (Bernard, Vivienne, Margery,

Postby aine » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:15 pm

"I'm sure it's nothing." Says Margery not wanting to alarm her new mistress or seem to be an 'unsteady' servant. "Here is your nightdress, Miss, and would you like me to brush your hair?" Margery helps Vivienne prepare for bed, trying to hurry the process along as much as she can.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:21 am

"Thank you, Margery, I'd like that," says Vivienne. She changes out of her clothes and into her nightgown, sitting drowsily on the bed while Margery brushes her hair.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby aine » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:07 am

"98,99...100. And that's done." Margery finishes brushing Vivienne's hair and binds it into a loose plait. "I'll see you in the morning then, Miss, tea at 8am?" She checks that everything is tidy in the room before leaving noiselessly. Once out in the corridor she again puts her ear to the wall on Lady Grey's side.
Spoiler:
(45%)roll:53

Spoiler:
Where is Margery sleeping?
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Postby HelplessBystander » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Spoiler:
You hear gentle sounds, but not enough to discern what directions it came from nor can you tell from the volume whether there is many things going ‘bump’ inside the walls or just one set of particularly noisy feet.

OOC:   V is resting close to the walls of the room, on one side of the bed is a closet and the other is the bedside table.  
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:33 am

"Yes, that would be splendid," says Vivienne as Margery leaves. "Good night, Margery." Now alone, she allows herself to yawn and rests her head on the pillow, shutting her eyes and letting sleep take her.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Previous

Return to Dead Men Walking