IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Story, Elizabeth, and Brook arrive in London in September 1940, in the middle of an air raid. They discover the body of a woman who has apparently been killed by something unnatural. They meet air raid warden Eddie Lawlor, who guides them to an air raid shelter where several others have taken refuge. A German airman also arrives, claiming that his bomber was downed by a monster.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:38 am

St. James's Church - London, England
9:00 PM - Saturday, September 7, 1940

Eddie led the way back up the stairs and outside, escorting the German prisoner Leutnant Friedrich Kurtz. Accompanying them were several people, including Story and his companions Elizabeth and Brook, Lord Rufus Colville, Seamus O'Leary, and Eugene Thomson. The bombing had tapered off and grown more distant, thought it could still be heard in the background.

Eddie did know of a nearby police station in Limehouse not far out of the way on the route to the warehouse, on Commercial Road. Seamus knew of it as well, though he had never been there before, being careful to avoid the place. Finding it in the pitch darkness with the once-familiar city disfigured by bombs might not be so simple, however.

Spoiler:
Eddie and Seamus, you may each roll Navigate to try to find a route to the police station. Presuming they tell the others where it is located, everyone else may also attempt a Navigate roll. Brook is from another time, but the layout of the streets is largely the same. Story and Elizabeth are not familiar with London, but others with them are and can describe the area, so they may also try the roll.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37773
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby yockenthwaite » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:09 am

"I hope we can find our way back in the dark," says Elizabeth to her friends, grinning wryly. "But then I'm not local to here. Hopefully our associates know the way."
User avatar
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby Mister Ginge » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:16 am

Eddie knows the way back to the warehouse. "Follow me everyone. And stay close.."
User avatar
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 am
Location: Ulthar

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Spoiler:
If you're going to the warehouse first, there's no need to roll Navigate since Eddie knows the area and was just there. You can roll later when it comes time to locate the police station. Let me know when you're done interacting with each other and your prisoner, and I'll move things forward.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37773
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby leestriter » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:16 pm

Rufus looks over at Story, "Well, I hope you have some idea what to do when we discover this monster of yours is nothing but an elaborate fabrication. You'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to fool me with a story like that"
User avatar
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:01 am

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby andyw666 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 am

Archie pipes up in the darkness, unnoticed till now. "For preference chaps, can you take me to this poor unfortunate who's lost her life? I'd like to give her the last rites. You could go on without me and deliver the Leutnant from there perhaps."
User avatar
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 am
Location: A Land Down Under

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby ZadokAllen » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:56 am

Shall we drop of the kraut first? I don’t trust him to come alongEugene throws a dirty look to the German soldier.

Spoiler:
Navigate: 20

ZadokAllen rolled 1d100:
50
User avatar
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:14 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby Thorn » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Brook answers Elisabeth with a small smile. "Well, I'm local...sort of. But I doubt that helps at the moment."

When Rufus accuses Story of lying, she turns angrily towards the man. "We haven't seen the animal, mister, just the aftermath, but anyone'd be a fool not to be careful of something that can tear someone up like that and also open and close doors!"
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby andyw666 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:07 am

Archie answers Eugene, "I believe the body to be much closer than the police station, so going to the young lady first seems speedier. The less time anyone is above ground, the lower the risks. And the risks are considerable. For that matter, the Leutnant is being perfectly polite and civilised."
User avatar
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 am
Location: A Land Down Under

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby jaysun81 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:08 am

Story opens his mouth and the closes it before nodding his approval at Brook's comment to Rufus.

Hearing Archie's comment Story speaks up saying, "Perhaps it's best if we all stick together. Surely we all can wait as your conduct the young lady's last rites."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby ZadokAllen » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Eugene:
”All right, let us not waste anymore time then. We haven’t yet heard the all-clear siren.”
User avatar
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:14 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby leestriter » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:46 pm

"Well then Professor Story and, Brook was it? If you too haven't seen it" He almost spat sarcasm, "Could Leutnant Kurtz here give us the full description? I'd like to know what we are supposed to be looking for before you claim any passing dog is your monster"
User avatar
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:01 am

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:38 am

Friedrich Kurtz nodded, swallowing. "I only saw it for a moment," he said, suppressing a shudder. "It had one huge wing, like a bat's. It was very long with a tail, like a snake, almost as long as my plane . And it had sharp, nasty teeth."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37773
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby Thorn » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:49 am

Brook's eyes widen at the description. "Like a dragon?"
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby Pastiche » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:11 pm

Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers …

"Ezkekiel", Benjamin adds apologetically, upon getting strange looks from some his companions. "Sorry, I have somewhat of an obsession with ancient Jewish scriptures, but I'm sure you'll indulge an old man..."

Suddenly realising Friedrich is German, Benjamin's eyes quickly dart in his direction to observe his reaction.
User avatar
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:56 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:26 am

Friedrich did not appear to get the reference, and he seemed more nervous in Benjamin's presence than anything. "Not exactly like a dragon, but close. It was long enough to be a dragon, but not tall enough, and it only had the one wing. The thing was black, black as the night." He shuddered. "Your accent, it sounds familiar, but I can't place it."

Spoiler:
Friedrich's Know roll (70% stat) to identify Benjamin's accent:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
82
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37773
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby ZadokAllen » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:04 am

Jesus Crist! What if he’s telling the truth!Eugene sights at the thought. “Shouldn’t we get the army or at least some weapons before we go barging in?Eugene rants on: “And who says we can trust this strange professor? We don’t even know his last name, Story? Story who?
User avatar
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:14 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby Mister Ginge » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Eddie Lalor

"Now now, ladies & gents. Me boss'd have me gut for garters if he knew I were helping you out on a chase like this. But a poor girl has been murdered and to be honest, I don't know any of yer from Adam. So everybody keep their hair on. We'll get to the warehouse and take it from there. Remember, there's a bloody war on!"
User avatar
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 am
Location: Ulthar

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby andyw666 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:13 am

Archie smiles at Benjamin, despite the grim nature of their quest.

"Bravo old boy, I do admire a scholar of the old testament ready with a nice historical quote. Although, I rather think that was a much more metaphorical dragon than the Leutnant is describing."

The smile fades from Archie's night-shadowed face then. "To be honest, this lass' death puts me in mind not of ancient Egypt but much more recent history. The recent history of Whitechapel, not so very far from where we stand."
User avatar
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 am
Location: A Land Down Under

Re: IC-Ep 1-Into the Storm(Everyone else)

Postby ZadokAllen » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:03 am

So you think it might be another kind of monster who did this, maybe creating a distraction to conceal his foul deed?Eugene asks Archie.
User avatar
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:14 pm
Location: Belgium

Next

Return to Episode 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests