IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:20 am

Anakunaisi

If there is a chance, Anakunaisi shoots a second arrow into the advancing highwayman.

Bow 50%
evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
36

Damage + Bonus damage
evil_scientist rolled 1d8:
7

evil_scientist rolled 1d4:
2
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 am

OOC:   Short Sword 60%
Rooter rolled 1d100:
8
 

Fenn swiftly parries the blow and strikes again.
OOC:   Short Sword 60%
Rooter rolled 1d100:
69
 
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:38 am

Image

Having no compunction about striking an enemy when he's down, Claudius points the blade of his great sword downwards and drives it into the crossbowman's chest with all his might, penetrating his foe's armor.

Spoiler:
Damage to crossowman:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d10:
8
+
Mr. Handy rolled 1d4:
3
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 34808
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:45 am

The bandit's shield is too slow, and Anakunaisi's arrow catches him in chest. He takes another couple steps before slumping to the ground dead.

Spoiler:
OOC:  
Cotton rolled 1d100:
57
-shield  


Claudius drives his great sword into the torso of the prone crossbowman. The man struggles briefly, coughing up flecks of deep red into his orange beard before expiring.

The bandit leaps backwards to avoid Fenn's slash. Looking to Fenn's side the man grows pale, and drops his short sword and shield and raises his hands in surrender. Looking over Fenn sees that Arethus and the other Brythunian have handily dispatched the other ambusher and were in the process of rounding on this last foe.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:55 am

Before Arethus reaches them Fenn steps forward and presses the point of his sword to the man's throat, speaking in a low voice. "Who are you? Why did you attack us?"
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:27 am

Image

Claudius lets Fenn do the talking, settling for glaring menacingly at the prisoner while hefting his bloody sword.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 34808
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:06 am

Anakunaisi

If there are no more active ambushers, Anakunaisi walks over to the dead body and searches it.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:59 am

The young bandit begins to babble in Brythunian: “Please sir don’t kill me. I can not speak that tongue but you an’ he look like my countrymen. Please sir! They say the gods are kind to the merciful. Times are hard sir. My brother, he said that this was the only way we could make enough coin. Please, if you let me leave this clearing I’ll never make this mistake again.”

Looking around Fenn, Claudius, Arethus, and the other Brythunian mercenary see that, with the exception of a only a couple, the ambushers were mostly young and scrawny. In fact, the surrendering outlaw and his deceased brother, who looked close enough to him to perhaps be his twin, are barely old enough to be called men.

Surveying the carnage, Anakunaisi sees that fully a dozen of the marauders lay dead, and that three of the Nemedian footmen, the Corinthian, and the Hyrkanian were slain as well. While picking through the bodies looking for what little coins were hidden on them, he spots one of the men he shot earlier attempting to crawl away with bright splotches of blood trailing him.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:56 am

"Pah! Nothing but a rabble of beggar children and thieves." Fenn lowers his sword and turns away to tend to his injuries.

OOC:   First Aid 30%
Rooter rolled 1d100:
66
 
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:47 am

Image

Unable to understand Brythunian, Claudius goes to do what he can to help the wounded, though Fenn's injury is beyond his meager skills in making battlefield dressings. He is much better at inflicting damage than at repairing it. "That was a good fight," he says. "I killed three of them, two with a single arrow each. Even I didn't know I was such a good shot. Mitra must have blessed me."

Spoiler:
First Aid roll (30% base skill) trying to treat Fenn's wound:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
52
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 34808
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi unsheathes his knife, walks up to the wounded marauder, and puts his feet on his back, pinning him to the ground.

"Speak, dog. Who is your leader?"
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:55 am

Paulus approaches Fen and Claudius, and says: "You boys handled yourselves well enough in that fight. That's good, we might just live through this yet." He takes a swig from his flask. "I can take a look at that wound if you like. You don't get as far as I have not knowing how to bandage yourself up."


The man grunts in pain, but doesn't try to struggle free from Anakunaisi. "We followed a man named Carnas Ealtach. He said he'd make us all rich. He said we'd be the new lords. I saw the son of a whore fleeing." He makes a wheezing sound that might be a laugh. "I heard there's a bounty on his head in the civilized parts. Hope you bastards are here to kill him."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 am

"It is but a small knock," Fenn replies to Paulus but subjects himself to be bandaged anyway.

OOC:   I still have 10 HP remaining so it's not too bad.  
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:27 am

Image

"Thank you," Claudius says to Paulus. "I'll see if the arrows I fired are still intact, and salvage what I can from the enemy." He goes over to the bodies of the men he shot to examine his handiwork and get whatever arrows he can.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 34808
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:43 pm

Cotton wrote:The man grunts in pain, but doesn't try to struggle free from Anakunaisi. "We followed a man named Carnas Ealtach. He said he'd make us all rich. He said we'd be the new lords. I saw the son of a whore fleeing." He makes a wheezing sound that might be a laugh. "I heard there's a bounty on his head in the civilized parts. Hope you bastards are here to kill him."


Anakunaisi pushes his feet stronger against the man's back.

"I'm no interested in the bounty's of those civilized parts... But I am gonna kill that dog all right. Carnas Ealtach. Tell me more, who is he? Where is his place?"
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:40 am

Paulus cleans and bandages Fenn's wound with more ease and deftness than Fenn would have expected from the older man. "There you are son, now I've got others to look after," Paulus says before departing.

Spoiler:
Cotton rolled 1d100:
43
-Paulus First Aid 60%
Cotton rolled 1d3:
3


Claudius finds and is able to retrieve a couple of his arrows as well as grab some from the quivers of the enemy archers. He finds that the weapons of these outlaws are of good quality and are almost certainly stolen.

Spoiler:
You can give me a spot hidden roll while looting the bodies.


As Anakunaisi presses harder into the marauder's back, he is forced to take a moment to catch his breath before he can answer. "I know that Carnas is from a tiny village around here, but not much else. He planned the attacks on merchant caravans, and was charming and mean enough to keep all us cutthroats from killing each other. Why would I ask more when the money was good and kept coming? I know he hates that would-be-king though, thats why he had us do up all the trees in this area with the skulls. Keep that lot out. As for our camp, well we kept moving around, wouldn't do to have the merchants get wise as to what roads to avoid."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Anakunaisi continues the interrogation.
"Are there any more ambushes set up along the road?"
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:44 am

Image

Claudius finds something else of interest in his search.

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) searching the bodies:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
27
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 34808
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:58 am

Anakunaisi:
The man responds, "Not from us. Not enough of us left for that. First the night raids, now you lot. By the gods this hurts. Either kill me and get it over with or let me crawl off into the woods to lick my wounds or die."

Claudius finds a talisman that looks to be very old and very expensive. It is inscribed with a creature whose top half is a bearded, helmet wearing man, and whose bottom half resembles that of a fish.

Spoiler:
OOC:   Mr. Handy, you can give me an occult role to see if Claudius recognizes this.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:36 am

Listening to Anakunaisi's interrogation of the man, Fenn interjects. "Wait, who is this 'would-be king' you mention that Carnas hates?"
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Expedition into the Border Kingdom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest