IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:03 am

Anakunaisi, Claudius and a couple others retrieve their comrade's body and begin the work of burying him. A brief examination reveals that he was most likely drowned by his captors and left to float.

Wruter:
Spoiler:
OOC:   You can make a spot hidden roll since you have some idea of where and what to look for based on the previous track rolls.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:12 am

OOC:   Spot Hidden 50%
Rooter rolled 1d100:
94
 


But Fenn cannot determine the attackers' path and goes to rejoin the others, ready to move on.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Image

Now that the body is properly buried, Claudius also looks for the tracks of whoever dumped him there, but without success.

Spoiler:
Track roll (50% skill) looking for the killers' tracks:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
72
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31826
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:47 am

Anakunaisi
Tracking 10%

evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
87


Anakunaisi is not an experienced tracker.

He refills his water skin from the stream, and is ready to continue their journey.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:22 am

Unable to find any sign of the those who abducted and drowned their ally, the remainder of the scouting party continues deeper into the Border Kingdom. The day passes in tense silence, everyone to on edge and listening for the sounds of ambushers. By sunset the group reaches the base of a steep hill, on top of it sits the ruins of the Acheronian keep that is the end goal of this expedition. From here it doesn't look like much.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:08 am

Fenn looks to Arethus for their orders. "Do we go in now or wait for Lord Theophanes? Given the hostility we have encountered it may be prudent to at least scout the perimeter."
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:57 am

Anakunaisi agrees with Fenn, and is ready to go scouting.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:15 am

Image

Claudius nods and joins them.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31826
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:50 am

Once everyone has gathered around Arethus he says, "Staying in one spot has yet to work out in our favor. We wait only long enough for the cover of night and then everyone one of us will go. If there's anyone there we'll be the ones taking them by surprise, Mitra willing."

Once the sun has set, and the scouting party's eyesight have adjusted to the darkness they creep their way up, moving as fast as they dare while staying quiet. Reaching the keep the group finds themselves in the remains of a palisade wall, and a few other rotting wooden structures. The two buildings which stand are a made of stone, and the scouting party judges them to be a great hall and a small temple. The remains of the keep seem to be abandoned.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:47 pm

Image

"We should explore the smaller buildings first," says Claudius quietly. "Then the keep. This place has seen better days, but it looks more defensible than staying out in the open. Of course, someone else may have come here first with the same thought."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31826
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Fenn agrees, muttering, "Surely these artifacts that Lord Theophanes wishes to retrieve have long since been looted."
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:07 am

The party turns toward the smallish, angular temple. A building like this would not be an uncommon sight in a keep so removed from the rest of the world, and it seems like that any unlooted valuables would be in there. Entering the building the scouts finds themselves in the outer court, where the lower class men and women would have worshipped. It's big enough for all of them to stand comfortably, but the musty smell and ruined wooden furniture makes the room seem claustrophobic. Beyond this room is the inner hall where the lord of the manner and his family would have paid homage to their gods.

Spoiler:
Sorry for the delay everyone, my schedule became really busy temporarily due to some change ups at work.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:06 am

Image

"We should proceed to the inner hall," suggests Claudius. "Anything of interest is more likely to be there."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31826
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Fenn mutters agreement and suggests Paulus and the other Nemedian scouts keep watch at the main doorway while they proceed inward. He has his sword drawn, not liking this place, listening intently for any stir of enemy activity.

OOC:   Listen 40%
Rooter rolled 1d100:
80
 
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:21 am

Fenn, Claudius, and Anakunaisi enter the inner hall of the temple. It looks as though it has been converted from its original purpose to a mausoleum. There are six sarcophagi in the room, one of which is more ornate than the others, and is placed towards the back of the hall whereas the other five are closer to the door the three warriors have entered through. Fenn hears the noise of soft footfalls moving quickly. Before he can alert the other two all three hear, from a darkened corner of the room, "Hail strangers, what brings you here?"
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:04 pm

Anakunaisi

"We are travellers. Saw this place of worship... Decided to honor the gods of the land, might they grant us safe passage."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1282
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:13 pm

While Anakunaisi is speaking Fenn peers warily around the interior of the hall for any hidden attackers, feeling they may have walked into a trap.

OOC:   Spot Hidden 50%
Rooter rolled 1d100:
66
 
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:16 am

Image

Claudius believes that Mitra is the only true god, though he says nothing. He too looks around.

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) in the inner hall:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
95
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31826
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon May 07, 2018 10:49 pm

None of the trio see any sign of an impending ambush. Disturbingly, although the room is not well lit, there doesn't appear to be anywhere for a person or group of people to hide. Including the identity-less voice which says, "Travelers in this place are a rarity, and no one has come to this building to honor any god in a while."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue May 08, 2018 3:40 am

Image

Claudius steps forward. "I am not familiar with your gods," he says. "Can you tell me about them?"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31826
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Expedition into the Border Kingdom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron