IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:51 am

Repressing a shudder, Fenn follows.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:15 am

As the fog bank engulfs the trio, their green-tinged field of vision is narrowed almost entirely to what is directly in front of them. They come to a set of stairs descending downwards, very strange for this sort of building, and the fog seems to waft up from the bottom of them. Heading down the stairs the distinct smell of sea water and decay becomes stronger and stronger.

OOC:   The stair case is narrow enough that you have to walk in a single file line. Whoever is first please make a DEXx5 roll.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:29 pm

Anakunaisi is wounded, so he lets somebody else go first...
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:43 pm

OOC:   I have the highest DEX so I'll go first.
DEX 12 x 5 = 60
Rooter rolled 1d100:
11
 


Being a little more agile than the others, Fenn takes the lead, keeping a careful balance on the narrow steps as he descends.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:48 pm

Anakunaisi follows, an arrow readied on his bow.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:46 am

Image

Claudius brings up the rear, gripping his greatsword in both hands.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32086
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:30 am

As the trio progresses down the stairs, Fenn brings them to an abrupt halt. Before them the stairs halt suddenly, leading to a steep drop to who knows what below. The fog is thick, and had Fenn been less surefooted he would have discovered that the hard way. This is clearly a trap made for less keen eyed strangers wandering through the fog. Leaning over the side, Fenn can see clearly man-made hand and foot holds carved into the stone where the stairs end.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:07 am

"We will need to climb down here," Fenn reports then lowers himself to the first of the handholds and begins to descend into the chasm.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:37 am

Anakunaisi puts away his bow. He holds his knife between his teeth as he follows Fenn into the chasm.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Image

Claudius sheathes his greatsword across his back and descends last, his skills as a climber proving useful.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32086
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:24 am

OOC:   Everyone can give me a climb check at plus 10% since the way is made specifically for climbing.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:56 am

OOC:   Climb (+10%) 35%
Rooter rolled 1d100:
24
 


Fenn makes his way down with a steady footing.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Anakunaisi
Climb 43+10=53%

evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
57


Despite his climbing skills, Anakunaisi missteps.... :shock:
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:41 am

Image

The going proves difficult for Claudius as well.

Spoiler:
Climb roll (49% + 10 = 59% skill) climbing down the shaft:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
70
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32086
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:22 am

The green light is dim, the fog is thick, and the surface the trio clings to is wet and slippery. While climbing down both Anakunaisi and Claudius slip, they both scramble for purchase but neither are able. For a moment things seem dire, but then both scouts find that they are not falling, at least not quite. Instead they find themselves floating downward. It is a sensation like being underwater but still being able to breathe, and it is extremely disorienting at first. Also, if any of the mercenaries called out while falling, or when he realized he wasn't, he'll find that he was unable to speak or make a sound.

OOC:   Fenn can make a 0/1 SAN test for seeing his companions levitate, the two experiencing it can make a 1/1d2 San test.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:54 am

Anakunaisi
Spoiler:
For levitation
SAN 55
evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
78

SAN Loss
evil_scientist rolled 1d2:
1


Instead of the bone breaking depth, Anakunaisi is plunged into the void of weird, mind-bending and reality morphing sorcery!
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 am

OOC:   SAN 55
Rooter rolled 1d100:
69
 


Still clinging to the wall, Fenn goggles at the bizarre sight of his companions floating downward through the air.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:45 am

Image

Claudius is disturbed that he is floating slowly downwards, but he is not about to complain.

Spoiler:
Sanity roll (current level 40) for levitating:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
63

Sanity loss:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d2:
1
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32086
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:11 am

After taking a moment to adjust to their new reality, how do the scouts proceed?
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Anakunaisi

If it is dark, Anakunaisi instructs the guards to light a torch.

He looks around: what is the place they are in? A corridor? A hall?
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1309
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Expedition into the Border Kingdom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest