IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Tue May 08, 2018 8:56 am

Perturbed by this apparently disembodied voice Fenn moves to inspect the closest sarcophagi.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon May 21, 2018 6:58 am

The voice responds, "The gods and I are not on good terms, but there are a group of vermin nearby who worship a sea god." The longer the trio listen to the voice the more they are confused by it. It is oddly high pitched but still drips with hatred.

Fenn sees the stone sarcophagus, he could push the lid and open it slightly if he were so inclined, but he would risk making noise.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Mon May 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Anakunaisi

"Why would one worship a sea god so far from the shore?"

Anakunaisi slowly paces around the place in a small radius, trying to spot the source of the voice.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue May 22, 2018 4:54 am

Image

"We met some of those vermin," says Claudius. "They tried to kill us, but we killed them first. What have you heard about them?"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31552
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Tue May 22, 2018 10:37 am

Fenn pushes back the lid of the sarcophagus slightly to peer inside...
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:13 pm

The voice responds, "When they first came to this place they told me that they had been driven from their homeland by the adherents of another god. They believe they've found a place sacred to their god under the long hall, and have refused to leave ever since."

If the owner of the voice notices Fenn, it does not let on. Fenn is greeted by a musty smell and the sight of fine clothing, faded with age, and a desiccated arm.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:36 am

Image

"They are still here, then," says Claudius. "Do you want them removed?"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31552
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:07 am

Anakunaisi

Cultists still lurking around? Anakunaisi prepares his bow... He continues moving around, slowly, to check for points of entry / exit in the place.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:52 am

Fenn draws back from the sarcophagus, his curiosity outweighed by the sudden idea of where or rather what the voice might be coming from, as he listens to the conversation. "The other building outside looked like the long hall. At least we know where they are hiding and will be prepared. Perhaps we can take them by surprise, even."
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:08 am

To Claudius the voice replies, "Why would you be so willing to throw yourselves into danger to help a stranger?"

As far as Anakunaisi can tell the only entrance or exit to this inner room is the one the trio came through.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:14 pm

Image

"Revenge, for a start," says Claudius with a shrug. "We've tangled with these blackguards before, and they've killed some of our men."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31552
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:07 pm

"Protection, too," Fenn adds. "We can help each other. What of the treasures stored here? Those are what we have come to retrieve on behalf of our employer. Have the Dagon-worshippers taken them?"
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:56 am

"Revenge. Greed." The voice muses. "Understandable motives. I do believe we can help one another if the three of you and your companions are willing to listen to my proposal."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:00 am

Anakunaisi

Striking bargains with a disembodied voice... Anakunaisi feels like he is back at his old master's dark tower...

"We are willing. Speak, voice. We are listening."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:01 am

Image

Claudius nods, though he isn't sure if the voice can see it.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31552
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 am

"Very good. All I need from you is one of the wretches that squats in the great hall. Alive, and bound. Leave it here and then simply vacate this ruin until this time tomorrow. In exchange I will rid this place of the cultists, and whatever treasures remain are yours for the taking."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 am

"Fine by me," Fenn replies though he isn't sure how much they can trust this unseen and nameless spirit. Not wanting to spend any longer than necessary in this tomb he goes to rejoin the rest of the party outside.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:35 am

Image

"Agreed," says Claudius, following Fenn.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31552
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Anakunaisi joins the others outside.

"Let's check out the building."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:45 am

As the trio exit into the outer room of the temple they find the rest of the scouting party waiting with weapons drawn. They seem confused and on edge. All eyes are on the trio.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

PreviousNext

Return to Expedition into the Border Kingdom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest