IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:12 am

Anakunaisi
SAN 55

evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
64


The days ordeals take their toll...
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:36 am

OOC:   SAN 55
Rooter rolled 1d100:
62
 


Fenn too is weary. "Perhaps these were responsible for the missing villagers."
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:27 am

Image

In spite of everything, Claudius somehow finds the strength to continue.

Spoiler:
Sanity roll (current level 40) for the exhausting day:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
36
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:50 am

Spoiler:
What's the amount of SAN loss?

Cotton wrote:Those who search the bodies of the dead find that these men are older and more ragged than those that attacked them before. The corpses' clothes are threadbare and they have no footwear at all. However, every one of the three slain men bear tattoos strongly resembling the talisman that Claudius found earlier.

"More off-sea worshipers of Dagon?" Anakunaisi wonders out loud.

"We need to finish resting, but with as many guards as possible. Lightning does strike twice into the same place."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:44 am

Image

"Agreed," says Claudius. "My wound is bad, but I'm strong enough to finish my watch."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:39 am

"And I'm still bleeding. I need some rest," Anakunaisi states the obvious. He plans to retreat to one of the houses and sleep.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Fenn, who is uninjured, reports to Arethus.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:02 am

Arethus, reasoning that moving through the swamp at night would be even more dangerous than staying put, has all those that are uninjured remain on guard the rest of the night. Those who were injured may either rest or stay on guard. Fortunately, light is not far away and may feel like an eternity squinting into the darkness beyond the village is only a couple short hours. As soon as there is enough light enough to move by, Arethus orders everyone to make ready to march, and the second day of the expedition begins.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 am

Fenn rides beside the oldest Nemedian soldier Paulus, inquiring if he has heard tell of the activities of this Dagon cult in the Border Kingdom.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:15 pm

Image

Claudius rides at the forefront, his bow at the ready. He is glad to have his armor on now, especially with his wound having weakened him.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Anakunaisi

The Turanian rides along in the middle of the squadron. His wounds are quite bad. He will have to rely on his quickness, alertness, and light armor -- and perhaps something else...

He keep an eye on their surroundings.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:24 am

Paulus says, “News rarely comes out of the Border Kingdom." He scratches at his beard thoughtfully, "When I was a boy I remember my uncle telling me of a time when he and a group of other young men drove out a group of degenerates that worshiped a fish god instead of Mitra and sent them fleeing into the Border Kingdom where they presumably died, he was the town drunk though and since my father never mentioned anything of the sort I didn't really believe him." He wonders aloud, "That boy you interrogated said that his group had also been attacked in the night. Do you think it was those... wretches that attacked us in the village?”

Before Fenn or anyone else can offer an answer the party’s point-men call for a halt. In the early morning light the members of the scouting party can see a wide stream, flowing in roughly the direction they came and coming from near the direction they are headed. And floating in the stream, currently twisted about a rock, the body of the man who was taken while on patrol last night.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:55 am

Image

"We should examine the body," suggests Claudius, "and then give him a decent burial."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:13 am

"Could be a diversion for an ambush," Fenn mutters, hanging back and scanning the surroundings warily.

OOC:   Spot Hidden 50%
Rooter rolled 1d100:
13
 
Last edited by Rooter on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:17 am

Anakunaisi

"That's right, this reeks of ambush," Anakunaisi agrees with Fenn, and scans the surroundings. He looks for any landscape objects that might hide enemies.



Spoiler:
here's a roll:
Spot Hidden 50%
evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
70
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:13 am

Image

Claudius nods and takes a good look around.

Spoiler:
Spot HIdden roll (55% skill) at the stream:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
18
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:25 am

Refusing to allow themselves to be taken off-guard again the party spreads out seeking any cover that may deflect an arrow or thrown spear. Men's eyes dart around the surrounding foliage, weapons loosened in scabbards or already drawn. Several tense moments pass in which the only sound is that of the stream. The scouts are certain that, at least for now, no enemy lies in wait around them.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:28 am

Anakunaisi (hopefully with the assistance of a few soldiers) tries to fish out the body with a spear.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:12 am

Image

Claudius also helps retrieve the body.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:45 am

Meanwhile Fenn rides a little way along the stream, scanning the ground for signs of the perpetrators' tracks.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

PreviousNext

Return to Expedition into the Border Kingdom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron