IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:30 am

Image

Claudius sticks the greatsword point first into the ground beside him and draws his bow. Nocking an arrow, he peers into the darkness and tries to line up a shot.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30956
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Anakunaisi

If there are torches or other flammable materials around, Anakunaisi lights one, and hurls it towards the attackers to get some vision.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 am

As the Kushite's spear finds its mark one of the figures lets out a strangled cry. Anakunaisi hurls a torch which lands between the scouting party and the figures. This reveals a glimpse of wild looking men, pale faced and long haired. Their clothes are tattered and their feet are bare. They scramble to avoid the light, but anyone with a ranged weapon can take a shot at the retreating forms.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:08 am

Image

Thanks to the illumination from the torch, Claudius's arrow finds its mark in one of the raiders.

Spoiler:
Bow roll (60% skill) shooting at a raider:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
47

Damage to raider from arrow:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d8:
8
+
Mr. Handy rolled 1d4:
3
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30956
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:58 am

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi switches to his bow as quickly as possible, and lets a shot flying.

Bow 50%
evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
7


Damage
evil_scientist rolled 1d8:
4

evil_scientist rolled 1d4:
3

Total damage: 7
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:04 pm

The majority of the dimly lit forms are already retreating into the darkened marsh, leaving their wounded and dead behind. A few, however, linger long enough to return fire at those who attacked them. A large stone flies from the darkness and strikes the Kushite warrior in the face, and he staggers and falls backwards. Claudius and Anakunaisi find themselves in the path of an arrow each.


Spoiler:
Arrow fired at Claudius:
Cotton rolled 1d100:
12

Cotton rolled 1d8:
7

Arrow fired at Anakunaisi:
Cotton rolled 1d100:
31

Cotton rolled 1d8:
8
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:39 am

Image

Claudius tries to duck back behind the wall beside the door out of which he shot, which he was using as cover, but he doesn't move fast enough.

Spoiler:
Anakunaisi's attack was an impale, so it should do an extra 1D8+1D4 damage.

Dodge roll (16% base skill) to avoid the arrow:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
41
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30956
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Fenn checks the fallen Kushite.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:24 am

Spoiler:
I keep forgetting about this rule, thanks, Mr. Handy!
evil_scientist rolled 1d8:
2

evil_scientist rolled 1d4:
1


Anakunaisi
Dodge 42%

evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
87


Anakunaisi is hit by the arrow. Luckily, he is wearing armor, but the wound is still deep.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:36 am

Both Claudius and Anakuaisi are hit by arrows while scrambling for cover. Fenn ducks low and checks on the Kushite, who is alive but with a bloodied, broken nose, split lips, and missing teeth. Those attackers not killed have fled, and the scouting party now finds itself with two fewer members. The two Nemedians patrolling the village must have run into the attackers first; one is gone and the other is bristling with arrows.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:06 am

Image

With practiced ease, Clauidus snaps off the arrow, removes both ends, and skillfully binds his own wound.

Spoiler:
First Aid roll (30% base skill) treating my wound:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
6
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30956
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:36 am

"Who were they?" Fenn asks the Kushite.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:15 am

The Kushite mumbles something that sounds like "not sure" but its hard to know for sure due to his injury.

OOC:   You can roll 1d3 for hit point regain, Mr. Handy.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:35 am

Anakunaisi
First Aid 30%

evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
95


Anakunaisi tries to wrap some bandages around his wounds, but fails.

"Hey, little help here," he calls out to the others.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:25 am

Hearing the call for help from the wounded, Fenn does what he can to assist.

OOC:   First Aid 30%
Rooter rolled 1d100:
46
 
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:24 am

Image

Claudius only feels a letter better, but at least he is no longer bleeding.

Spoiler:
Does my roll being 1/5 of my skill or less give me a bonus?

HP regained from First Aid:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d3:
1
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30956
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:40 am

Paulus has been making rounds once again like after the first ambush checking to see who needs patching up. He is able to clean and wrap the wound, but there's only so much that can be done.

Spoiler:
60%
Cotton rolled 1d100:
56

Cotton rolled 1d3:
1


Claudius:
Spoiler:
You can add another point for a total of 2 HPs regained.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Rooter » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 pm

"We'd best keep a patrol in case they come back." Fenn goes to examine some of the dead attackers for clues as to their identity.
User avatar
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1181
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:57 am

Image

Claudius nods, also going over to search the bodies.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30956
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:44 am

Those who search the bodies of the dead find that these men are older and more ragged than those that attacked them before. The corpses' clothes are threadbare and they have no footwear at all. However, every one of the three slain men bear tattoos strongly resembling the talisman that Claudius found earlier.

OOC:   Let me get a San check from everyone, it has been an extremely stressful day for you all.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

PreviousNext

Return to Expedition into the Border Kingdom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest