Page 3 of 4

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:32 pm
by Ritterton
OOC:   Thanks for the info, sorry, I thought we were walking into the armory.  

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:15 am
by Mr. Handy
Spoiler:
That's okay, you're in the armory now, so at this point you arm yourself with no problem.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:43 am
by andyw666
Lupus checks his arrows carefully and considers. "Are we happy with the plan that the young ladies and our honoured augur approach this villa openly, with a suitable escort? While I - and anyone else who knows how to keep out of sight - try to find our way in from the rear?"

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:23 am
by Mr. Handy
"Not quite," said Nefertiri. "Elizabeth will not be accompanying Caelia Alba to the villa. She escaped from there, and if she's seen with her, it will give away the ruse. She should stay with the rest of us. Marcus Sabinus shall go ahead with the physician, as he offered, possibly posing as a new potential recruit. We can all ride together until we get somewhat near the villa, but we'll want them to head off before it is within sight."

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:56 am
by yockenthwaite
"Yes I'd give the game away, if I'm seen too soon," says Elizabeth, who was nodding as Nefertiri spoke. "That sounds like a good plan."

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:11 pm
by DrkRoxas
Marcus is amazed by the kind of weapons the armory had, this was a one-in-a-lifetime chance for him, he grabbed two relatively small daggers and set off to the door.

"I'm ready, Lady Caelia, say the word and we'll leave". He said as he laid upon the wall near the door, facing everyone as they were stocking up on weapons.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:39 pm
by aine
Caelia has been checking her small medical pouch hidden in her robes and is now ready to leave. Then she has a thought, "If Scaevola has left the villa already, there is no point in you all attacking it. If someone can keep watch on Marcus and me when we arrive at the gate and ask the guards, we'll give a signal if Scaevola is still in residence."

She looks at Marcus, "What should it be? Three loud coughs maybe? If he is not there, we'll try to learn where he is and then go there. I'll be easy to spot in these bright yellow robes so the majority of you can follow Marcus and me. Hopefully, in that case, the villa will be easier for the rest to penetrate and rescue Elizabeth's friends."

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
"Perhaps a gesture would be better," said Nefertiri. "Whoever is watching for a signal should be at a distance so as not to arouse suspicion. Perhaps a lone traveler like Titus here, moving slowly down the road to Ostia. If we hope to catch Scaevola before he strikes, we had best leave now and spend no more time here."

Nefertiri picked out five Egyptian guards to join them and led the group to the stables, which had a wide variety of horses. There were fierce warhorses for the cavalrymen, as well as tamer ones for the augur and others who were less skilled at riding. They mounted up and set out quickly through Rome to the Ostia gate, passed through it without incident, and proceeded southwest along the road at speed. It did not take them long to get near Scaevola's villa. They stopped before a small rise that Elizabeth recognized as being right before the villa. It was not visible from here thanks to the hill, but that also meant that they were not visible from the villa.

"We are here," said Nefertiri. "Let us put the plan in motion. I wonder if Marcus Sabinus would be best employed accompanying Caelia Alba openly, or if he should use his talents to gain entrance surreptitiously. Scaevola may not trust someone new. On the other hand, Marcus runs the risk of getting caught if he attempts to sneak inside, and his record in that area is...shall we say less than perfect?" She gave the thief a wry look.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:09 am
by andyw666
"If you are good at being not seen, Marcus, you're welcome to come with me." Lupus pats his bow. "Hopefully we won't need this but still."

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:53 am
by aine
Caelia looks at Marcus, "I would really welcome the company but Nefertiri is right; I doubt Scaevola will have time to initiate you today what with everything happening today and he will not trust anyone who isn't one of the Brotherhood." She looks at Nefertiri, "I am ready to go to the gate. If Scaevola is home, I will rearrange my headress like this before entering." Caelia demonstates a slight adjustment. "Good luck everyone; may we prevail today!"

Caelia bows her head and smiles a little nervously, ready to depart.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:46 pm
by DrkRoxas
Marcus laughs openly at Nefertiri's coment. "Right where it hurts, I can promise you that won't happen again." he said looking at her directly in the eye.

"Yes, you're right, we need to move quickly and the time needed for that plan is something we don't have, let's stick to the original plan." He crosses his arms and ponders a little bit before coming out with an idea.

"If you need someone to watch over Caelia expecting the signal, I can keep an eye on her, I won't draw any attention to myself and will be able to notify you of the situation, however, I'll complete any task you choose to give me." He said while addressing Nefertiri, he wanted to prove her that he had what it took to do any job, his pride was hurt and he was going to fix it.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy
"I am glad to hear it," said Nefertiri with a nod and a smile. "Here is what we shall do. You shall wait until Caelia has had time to reach the entrance to the villa before proceeding down the road in the same direction, pretending to be a lone traveler heading for Ostia. You can watch for the signal. It will arouse no suspicion for you to be looking at Caelia the whole time, as she is a quite beautiful woman. However, you must not turn about and return down the road. The guards would notice that, and that would be suspicious. Instead, you will need to circle around the villa. You can either attempt to gain entry over the wall, or you can go all the way around the villa and report back to us. If Scaevola is not at home, we need to know. Otherwise, if we do not see you, we will assume you have gone inside and that Scaevola is at home. I know I can depend upon you, or I would not have recruited you. I wish you good fortune, both of you. Victory shall be ours, I can feel it."

Caelia walked over the rise and approached the villa. There were two of Scaevola's Egyptian guards standing on either side of the gate, and they opened it when they saw her coming. "Good morning, Lady Caelia," said one to her when she arrived. "Please, enter." At that time, Marcus reached the top of the small hill on the road.

Meanwhile, Decius Lupus set out around the side of the villa, the hill blocking him from the guards' view, heading for the rear.

Spoiler:
Anyone who wishes to do go around to the rear of the villa with Decius Lupus is free to do so.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:03 am
by Ritterton
Artemis looked about and while he was uncertain the best approach, he realized he would be able to help Lupus. "Ok, Lupus, I will join you and see if we can move into the villa another way."

Artemis followed along behind Lupus as they moved towards the side of the villa. He paused to see who else had decided to join them, then headed on behind Lupus.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:13 am
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus agrees to follow at a distance, watching for the signal.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:49 pm
by aine
Caelia lifts her head imperiously. "Thank you, guard. Tell me, is Senator Scaevola here at home? I was hoping to see him before he left for the day."

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Artemis and Decius walked along the side of the estate's outer wall, heading for the rear.

Marcus trudged slowly down the road to the southwest. Titus crested the rise not far behind him.

Spoiler:
"No, he left at dawn," replied the guard. "He has business in Rome, but he should be back by noon. You are welcome to come in and await his return."

Spoiler:
Marcus and Titus, please roll Listen. If you succeed, you may view the contents of the above spoiler button.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:49 am
by Victoria Silverwolf
Spoiler:
Listen = 25%
Victoria Silverwolf rolled 1d100:
37


Titus rides along quietly on his gentle steed, not taking much notice of what is going on around him.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:54 am
by aine
Caelia shakes her head but does not adjust her headress.
Spoiler:
"No, I won't wait. When you see him, please tell him I was looking for him." It was unlikely a lowly guard would know the senator's location. Caelia considers entering the villa to help the other locate Elizabeth's friends but saving Caesar was far more important.


Caelia turns and walks away from the villa until she is out of sight of the gate. She looks around for Nefertiri.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
The guards looked at each other as Caelia turned around. Then they rushed after her, and one of them seized her by the arm.

Spoiler:
Guard 1's Grapple roll (45% skill) to grab Caelia:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
79

Guard 2's Grapple roll (45% skill) to grab Caelia"
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
37

Spoiler:
"I am afraid we must insist," the guard who held Caelia said.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:10 pm
by aine
"Help! Help! Unhand me you oaf!" Caelia shouts loudly and imperiously but doesn't struggle too much.
"You can insist all you like, my man, but unless you have a good reason for your despicable behaviour, I shall see that you are carted back to Egypt and set to work in the swamps!"
She rounds on the other one, "And you too! Wipe that sneer off your face! Does Scaevola hire goatherders to guard his palace?" If she has a hand free, she attempts the sign of The Brotherhood.