IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Story, Lucius, and Brook are captured by Scaevola and his guards, and only Elizabeth escapes. As the sun rises on the Ides of March, she tries desperately to get help to rescue her friends. However, they have a dilemma: they cannot mount a rescue mission and stop Scaevola's plot at the same time.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

User avatar
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth nods and smiles in response to Caelia's comments. She says nothing more for now though, content to listen to the others decide on a plan. To be honest she is torn, of course, not wanting to change history but wanting to save her friends. Unsure what to do for the best, she prays silently that her friends are still alive and she will see them again.
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by aine »

Caelia looks at Artemis strangely. "That bit was real- I think! You should keep off the liquor; it really doesn't agree with you. I will go to Scaevola's villa immediately; someone there will know where he is. Nefertiri, can you order me a sedan, it will be the quickest, but don't make it a palace one." She wonders if Nefertiri is another mistress of Caesar if she has her own reasons to keep him safe.
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:22 am
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus as always, stood still a little quiet while everybody talked about everything else, there he was in front of Nefertiri, the woman that once helped him survive getting caught.

"I find it fascinating that life brought us together on the same path again, old friend" He said while stepping closer to Nefertiri, with the crooked smile he always carried, taking off the hood of his cucullus, so she could see his face.

"You know my skills, and my debt to you and the queen, I'll be happy to help in anything I can, you can have my word I won't derail on the way of whichever mission you give me, just say the word and I'll do it, ha!"

Marcus talked to her with a steady enthusiasm, but calm voice at the same time, he was really happy to be getting the chance to work to repay his debts. If there's anything thieves can't stand is owing someone for their life.
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Posts: 40286
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I recall your skills," said Nefertiri. "They will be most useful at Scaevola's villa. I think Adelphus can keep an eye on the Forum and handle whatever happens there, along with our messenger and some of our guards. Intercepting Scaevola is critical, so those of us here should head for the villa as soon as possible. Caelia Alba, you shall have your sedan and shall leave first. Then the rest of us will follow. I shall personally accompany you to make sure Scaevola dies, along with several of our guards, and we shall rescue Elizabeth's friends while we are there. Since we are leaving the city, we can bring weapons and armor. I have a feeling we will need them. Those of you who lack arms may borrow them from our armory."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by aine »

Caelia bows her head. "I shall go then." She looks at Marcus, "Would you like to attempt your original plan? That I introduce you to Scaevola as a potential Brotherhood member? In which case, maybe you should come with me now; you can run along side the sedan."
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:22 am
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus nods steadily, accepting Caelia's offer.

"I trust you feel that they won't suspect you and so, I'll earn their trust myself, Lady Caelia" he said with confidence, before addressing Nefertiri. "Does this armory of yours have any kind of knives or daggers? I could use some for this task"
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis pulled his pugio from within the folds of his belt. He grinned and then turned to Nefertiri, "A mace, I need a mace, and then part of me thinks a pillium or two would be really worth having."

His face takes on a grim determination familiar to any veteran across the ages.
User avatar
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 am
Location: A Land Down Under
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by andyw666 »

Lupus looks mildly satisfied with the turn of events. Always nice to have the tools of my trade at hand. On the topic...

"Ah, lady, I don't suppose your queen would have any horses to spare? I could make the journey much more quickly on horseback."
User avatar
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Titus is used to walking, and carries no arms. Perhaps he can act as a distraction if Mars raises his bloody sword.
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by Ritterton »

"Alright Titus, how about we at least have you use a pilium for a walking staff. That gives us the of those of needed." Artemis said aloud in response to Titus.
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Posts: 40286
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We have a wide selection of knives, daggers, pila, maces, and swords, both Roman and Egyptian," said Nefertiri. "We also have armor in various sizes, and there are enough horses in our stables for all of us and the guards who will accompany us. You are right, speed will be of the essence."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 am
Location: A Land Down Under
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by andyw666 »

Lupus almost smiles. He certainly raises an eyebrow happily to Artemis.

"Well, this means we have several trained soldiers, arms, armour and horses. And our more auxiliary auxiliaries." Lupus respectfully indicates Caelia and Titus. "This visit could be quite sporting." Lupus claps his hands together.

"When we approach, I may attempt to enter this villa quietly and from the rear, unnoticed. Hopefully, the opposition will be distracted by the young lady." Again, a nod to Caelia.
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:22 am
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus stepped aside and laid his back upon a stone column.

"Perfect, then. Once we pick up our weapons we should be on our way, time doesn't wait for anybody." He said as he put the hood of his cucullus on and crossed his arms, still laying upon the column.

He then raised his head and looked at Caelia and Nefertiri, with his crooked smile. "Just say the word and we'll be on our way"
User avatar
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Titus accepts the wooden staff gratefully. "Perhaps one of these steeds is of a mild temperament, and might be willing to carry an old carcass such as mine?"
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis looked for armor that would fit. If they had horses, weapons, and a bit of surprise, this could be a quick military-like raid. He found a long mail coat that would slide over his tunic. He found a helmet that while a bit tarnished, it still had its cheek pieces. He looked about for a mace, and seeing a stout, Egyptian style mace with a polished red stone vase like shape. It felt good in his hand. He turned it about and could see that the stone was intricately carved with symbols and figures. He smiled, if he got back to his simple little village, the mace would look good hanging on the wall.

"Alright, I think I am ready." He grabbed the two piliums and leaned against them as the others geared up. He looked at the
Spoiler:
Ok, I am going to need some help with determining both the armor values and the mace value...
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Posts: 40286
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We do have such a horse," Nefertiri assured Titus as she led the group to the armory. In addition to various suits of armor and shields that were both decorative and functional, there were racks of weapons of various sorts, as well as some hanging on the walls. The Egyptian khopesh sword was the most common armament, but there were numerous other weapons, including Roman gladii of excellent quality, an entire rack full of pila, several maces, and knives of all shapes and sizes. There were also several Egyptian-style bows and quivers full of arrows.
Spoiler:
Let me list the weapons and armor everyone has so far and the ones available in the armory here, along with their specifications. You may assume there are enough of each type in whatever size is required for whoever wants them. Armor deducts its Protection value from the damage you take from each hit. Please let me know when you're ready to go. [b]Elizabeth Young[/b]: Small knife: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (25%) [b]Tiberius Tullius Germanicus[/b]: Gladius: 1D6+1+db, may impale, may parry, Short Sword skill (64%) Leather and scale armor: Protection 6 [b]Claudius Marcius[/b]: Butcher's knife: 1D6+db, may impale, Knife skill (75%) Small knife: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (75%) [b]Caelia Alba[/b]: Scalpels: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (45%) [b]Titus Iunius Philo[/b]: Small knife: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (25%) Pilum: 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, Spear skill (15% melee/10% thrown [half db]) [b]Decius Lupus[/b]: Long sword: 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, Long Sword skill (75%) Medium shield: may deflect missile, Medium Shield skill (25%) Bow: 1D8+half db, may impale, two-handed, Bow skill (75%) Quiver of arrows Leather and scale armor: Protection 6 [b]Aricus Calldius Gladio[/b]: Gladius: 1D6+1+db, may impale, may parry, Short Sword skill (75%) Dagger: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (37%) Medium shield: may deflect missile, Medium Shield skill (42%) Leather and ring armor: Protection 5 [b]Artemis Gaius Sylvius[/b]: Mace: 1D6+db, may knock out, Small Club skill (45%) Pugio: 1D6+db, may impale, Knife skill (25%) 2 Pila: 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, Spear skill (15% melee/10% thrown [half db]) Chainmail armor: Protection 7/4 (vs. impaling or crushing attacks) [b]Spurius Papirius Valens[/b]: Pugio: 1D6+db, may impale, Knife skill (45%) 2 small knives: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (45%) Leather and scale armor: Protection 6 [b]Marcus Sabinus[/b]: Small knife: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (25%) [b]Armory[/b]: Dolabra (axe): 1D6+db, may impale, Axe skill (base 15%) Mace: 1D6+db, may knock out, Small Club skill (base 25%) Small knife: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (base 25%) Pugio (large knife): 1D6+db, may impale, Knife skill (base 25%) Pilum (javelin): 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, Spear skill (base 15% melee/10% thrown [half db]) Scimitar: 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, may knock out, Long Sword skill (base 15%) Short spear: 1D6+db, may impale, may parry, Spear skill (base 15%) Staff: 1D6+db, may knock out, two-handed, Staff skill (base 25%) Gladius: 1D6+1+db, may impale, may parry, Short Sword skill (base 15%) Khopesh: 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, Long Sword skill (base 15%) Bow: 1D8+half db, may impale, Bow skill (base 15%) Quivers of arrows Small shield: Small Shield skill (base 15%) Medium shield: may deflect missile, Medium Shield skill (base 15%) Large shield: may deflect missile, Large Shield skill (base 15%) Soft leather armor: Protection 2 Hardened leather armor: Protection 3 Leather and ring armor: Protection 5 Leather and scale armor: Protection 6 Chainmail armor: Protection 7/4 (vs. impaling or crushing attacks)
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 1275
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 am
Location: A Land Down Under
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by andyw666 »

Spoiler:
Looks good to me! [b]Lupus[/b] hopefully already had 20 arrows in his quiver but if not, he will top it up from the Queen's stocks. Amo conventum institute.
User avatar
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth looks around the armoury. "I am no fighter," she says to Nefertiri. "My best bet will be to stay out of any direct fight if need be, and have speed on my side to help. But I have a knife already, that I can use if need be. I don't think I will take any armour. But the others should be well equipped. It is quite a collection you have here!" she says, smiling.
User avatar
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:51 pm
Location: Chattanooga TN
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

"I thank you, dear lady," Titus says with a nod. "I am ready to ride with your valiant party, if only to serve as a witness."
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Posts: 40286
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You are welcome," said Nefertiri, "and I thank you for your courage and steadfastness. You are wise, Elizabeth. As long as you stay in the rear and keep the knife out of sight unless it is needed, you should be fine. The enemy will most likely not consider you a threat." She takes a pugio and conceals it beneath her robes.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Locked

Return to “Episode 3”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest