IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Story, Lucius, and Brook are captured by Scaevola and his guards, and only Elizabeth escapes. As the sun rises on the Ides of March, she tries desperately to get help to rescue her friends. However, they have a dilemma: they cannot mount a rescue mission and stop Scaevola's plot at the same time.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Thorn » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:55 am

Brook shakes her head a little. "We tried....and we're not dead yet...At least I hope not.." She kneels by Lucius to see if he's still alive, trying to stop the bleeding if she can.
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:11 am

Scaevola, the guards, and Akana left the room, leaving the captives alone. A wave of exhaustion and despair washed over them. They had been awake all day and nearly all night, plus however much time they'd been awake before they'd arrived in Rome. They had failed, and now they were trapped and guarded by terrifying monsters. Elizabeth was their only hope.

Spoiler:
Story and Brook, please roll CON x 5. If you succeed, you may each attempt to roll First Aid to treat Lucius's injury. If that succeeds, he gets 1d3 HP back, but only one successful First Aid roll can be applied to him.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39657
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Thorn » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Brook conx5
Thorn rolled 1d100:
40

First aid
Thorn rolled 1d100:
28
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby jaysun81 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:04 am

As Brook moves over to Lucius, Story exhales deeply and slumps against the wall in frustration, regret, and exhaustion upon seeing her do what limited first aid that could be accomplished. After a moment in a near whisper as if that's all the strength Story can muster he says, "How is he?"

Spoiler:
CON - 10 (x5) = 50%
jaysun81 rolled 1d100:
93
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:10 am

Both Story and Brook were overcome, and they both fell asleep where they lay. They, along with Lucius, awoke an indeterminate amount of time later, but they no longer felt quite so exhausted. The despair lingered, however.

Brook was able to bind Lucius's wound. She had to tear material off of the hem of her toga to make an improvised bandage.

Spoiler:
Brook, please roll 1d3 to see how many HP Lucius regains.

You are all awake now.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39657
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Thorn » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:28 am

Brook
Thorn rolled 1d3:
2


Brook opens her eyes, then closes them again, hoping it will all go away. Then she sighs, and opens them again to see how the others are doing. She lifts herself up on an elbow to check on Lucius. Seeing he's awake, she smiles relieved. "Oh, good. I didn't know if....if you'd wake up again."
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby jaysun81 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:32 am

Story looks at the chain on his ankle and jingles it. "Perhaps I could regenerate into a judoon and bust our way out of here." He offers a weak smile before exhaling and stands to his feet to stretch. Looking at Brook's first aid he commends her, "Well done, considering we have no real medical supplies." He moves towards his Roman companion and says, "Lucius, my friend... I'm sorry to have got you into this pickle."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby alazred » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:33 am

Lucius Verres

Lucius wake up in pain. Looking to his friends he says:"It seems we did not escape... How much time have I been out? Where are we ? ". He does not recognize whats around him.

Lucius was a bit lost after that trauma. He looks at his wound that was patched up: "Thank you friends, I would not have make it without you, I'll never thank you enough".

Lucius was starting to regain his senses a little by little. "Where is Elizabeth?!? Did she made it? ".
Last edited by alazred on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
alazred
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:04 am
Location: Italy

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Thorn » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:48 am

Brook nods. "Elizabeth got away. Let's hope she can find some help. Now, I don't think you should move too much, unless we absolutely have to." She looks from Lucius to Story.
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby jaysun81 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:19 am

Story looks from Lucius to Brook as he says, "Your doctor is correct. Try to get as much rest as you can for now." Running his hand through his hair he says, "So... did you notice anything that could be useful as they brought us down here? Unfortunately I must confess that I did not."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Thorn » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:07 am

Brook thinks. "Well...I noticed a clay bangle near the hidden entrance. Perhaps it's Caelia's sign. And that means they could find us if Elizabeth gets back to them." She looks a little hopeful at the others.
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby alazred » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:47 am

Lucius Verres

He look at brook and say:"Yes it is hers for sure. She told me that she marked the entrance with her bangle. I just hope it will help the friends to find us... If Elizabeth can make it to them." Lucius try to get a hold to raise himself a little to get a better look of what surround him.

Spoiler:
alazred rolled 1d100:
84


Spoiler:
alazred rolled 1d100:
52
User avatar
alazred
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:04 am
Location: Italy

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:21 am

There was faint torchlight in the distance beyond the archway, which was the only reason they could see anything at all, but there was really nothing much to see.

Spoiler:
Lucius knew that Elizabeth was their best chance to get out of here. The manacles kept them trapped in this room, and the creatures in the room beyond made effective guards, though it might be possible to slip past them. The manacles were tight, but there was a small chance someone could compress a foot and slide it out of them. It might also be possible, though difficult, to break the chains at the point where they met the wall. The most likely chance would be to pick the locks on the manacles, but they didn't have anything to use as a lockpick. Even if they did, they'd have to do it three times. Of course, anyone checking on them would notice if one or more of them got loose.

Spoiler:
If you want to try to slip your foot free, please roll DEX x 1. If you want to try to break the chain free from the wall, please roll STR x 1.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39657
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby alazred » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Lucius Verres

Lucius can't see much unfortunately. Looking at his friends he says:"Listen, I know that Elizabeth coming with help is our best bet of getting out of here alive but just sitting here hoping for help to come is not helping us. Can we get out of those chains in anyway?? What do you think?

Looking down to his manacles he try to slowly slip his foot out.

Spoiler:
alazred rolled 1d100:
42
I rolled a d100 i dont know if it's how its done tell me if i need to do otherwise.
User avatar
alazred
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:04 am
Location: Italy

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:43 am

Lucius tried to compress his foot and squeeze it out of the manacle, but all he did was cause himself more pain.

Spoiler:
You did it exactly right, but the roll failed. Lucius, you may not attempt that again, but you may still try once to break the chain off where it joins the wall by rolling STR x 1. Story and Brook, you may each, if you wish, make one attempt to squeeze your foot through the manacle by rolling DEX x 1 on 1d100 and/or one attempt to break the chain off from the wall by rolling STR x 1.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39657
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Thorn » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:56 am

Inspired by Lucius' attempt, Brook also tries to slip her foot out of the manacle.

Dex x 1
Thorn rolled 1d100:
76
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby alazred » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:33 am

Lucius Verres

After a few try to slip his foot out without success, Lucius sat down thinking on an other solution. Looking around seeing Brook trying to do the same without success made him think that it was probably not the solution. He looked at his friends and say "Do one of you habe a better idea to get out of those?? I was thinking that if we can be two to pull on one chain maybe we could rip it out of the wall but it would make lots of noise if we succeed. An other alternative would be to pick those locks but I have nothing on me to do so. Do someone have something left on him? "

He suddenly turn to brook with an hopeful face and ask:"Brook! Do you have a pin in your hair that they could have forgot to take from you?? ! "
User avatar
alazred
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:04 am
Location: Italy

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Thorn » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:48 am

Spoiler:
I haven't specified it, though, and the guards might have taken it if she had. Mr. Handy, what do you say?
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby jaysun81 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:20 am

Story sits there quietly as he is tugging at his manacle. Hoping to pull his foot free.

Spoiler:
DEX - 12
jaysun81 rolled 1d100:
8


STR - 14
jaysun81 rolled 1d100:
21
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:55 am

Story slowed down his breathing, relaxed his muscles, and compressed his foot, using a technique that he had learned from Harry Houdini. Slowly but surely, he managed to slip out of his manacle.

Spoiler:
Akana probably wouldn't have noticed a hairpin or thought to remove it if she had. One good thing about traveling back in time is that all the old tricks are new again. As to whether or not you actually have a pin, Brook, please roll Luck.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39657
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Episode 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests