Page 1 of 2

IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:18 pm
by Mr. Handy


THE BROTHERHOOD OF DEATH


EPISODE 3


Scaevola's Villa- southwest of Rome, Italia
Before Dawn- March 15, 44 BC

Story took the gamble and dropped the act. Summoning his most regal Time Lord tone, he said: "No, we don't know Master Kemnebi personally, but in a manner of speaking I am a seer and I know what you are planning to do. While Caesar will die by assassination as you plot, it can not be by the blade of the Dagger of Ra or the Brotherhood's hand!"

Scaevola's eyes narrowed, and he glared at Story. "I have come too far and gotten too close," he said. "I'm not going to let you stop me now!" With that, he threw open the door. "Guards!" he shouted, hurrying through it. A few seconds later, Akana ran back into the atrium, also shouting for the guards.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:53 pm
by jaysun81
Story looks at his companions and says, "Well, what sort of reception is that for a Time Lord?" He faintly smiles as his turns his attention to Lucius before saying, "Lucius lead the way... get the Brook and Elizabeth out of here. I'm right behind you." He moves over to the mahogany writing desk and picks up the candle. "I hate to burn knowledge, but we need a distraction." He proceeds to quickly attempt to light as many of the papyrus scrolls on fire as he can while they still have time.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:55 pm
by alazred
Lucius Verres

With all this agitation Lucius draw his knife and ready himself for confrontation. He shout "Brook, Elizabeth with me! Let's exit to the peristylium ! "pointing at the door at the back of the room.

He turn to story and say "Try to slow them down with something, we'll wait for you outside! Please be careful!. "

"Let's get out!"

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:09 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Coming!" says Elizabeth to Lucius. As she turns to head out with Lucius she says quickly to Story: "Good luck!"

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Elizaabeth and Brook followed Lucius as he led the way out the door into the large open-air garden, knife in hand. The garden, ahead and to the left, was surrounded by a series of pillars at regular intervals and bordered by a marble walkway. Beyond it to the left was the villa's high wall, some ten feet high. To the right, an opening was visible in the same wall that contained the door through which they had just passed that led back towards the atrium. There was also a short passage directly to the right beyond that opening that ended at the villa's right wall. To the right and some distance ahead were three doors lining the walkway on the right side of the garden. Scaevola ran past them along the walkway, his toga flapping, towards a doorway at the end of the walkway, facing the rear of the villa, from which two Egyptian-looking guards bearing wicked-looking curved swords emerged. Also at the rear was another dead end leading to the villa's rear wall, bordered on the right by the opening from which the guards had emerged and on the left by another doorway.

"Get them!" Scaevola shouted at the guards as he pointed back at the companions. "Take them alive if you can!"

Back in the study, Story set fire to the papyrus scrolls with the candle, and they caught quickly. The fire was beginning to spread, and it probably would not take long to engulf the room considering how much flammable material was in it.

Spoiler:
Lucius knew from the layout of a typical Roman villa that the three doors on the right most likely led to bedrooms. The doorway from which the guards had come probably led to the exedra, a smaller indoor garden, and the one at the rear left would be the triclinium, or dining room.

Spoiler:
Brook, I'm assuming you're also following Lucius to keep things moving, but let me know if you want to do something different.

Everyone, please roll Listen.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:52 pm
by yockenthwaite
Spoiler:
Elizabeth rolls Listen (stat 38%)
yockenthwaite rolled 1d100:
98

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy
All Elizabeth heard was the pounding of her heart in fear.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:04 pm
by Thorn
Brook ran with Lucius and Elisabeth, worried about Story.


Listen:
Thorn rolled 1d100:
25

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:26 am
by jaysun81
Seeing the fire beginning to spread Story turns and begins to move in the direction of his companion.

Spoiler:
Listen - 34%
jaysun81 rolled 1d100:
28

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Spoiler:
Brook heard someone moving around in the nearest of the three doors on the right. "Wake up, there's trouble," said a man's voice. Then footsteps moved quickly towards the door from inside the room.

Spoiler:
Story heard Akana in the atrium, running away. There were also two distant sets of footsteps in the atrium that were running closer. When he reached the open door to the peristylium, he heard someone moving around in the nearest of the three doors on the right. "Wake up, there's trouble," said a man's voice. Then footsteps moved quickly towards the door from inside the room.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:22 pm
by Thorn
Brook points towards the nearest of the three doors to the right. "Guards...they're coming..."

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:57 pm
by jaysun81
Story quickly looked around seeing if there was anything that could be pushed in front of the door to slow down the progress of the individuals waking up behind it.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:29 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Lucius, which way do we go?" says Elizabeth urgently to her friend, hoping that he understands the layout of a building like this better than any of them.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
There was nothing in the garden that looked like it could be used to block the door. The only thing Story could see that looked like it might do the trick was the writing desk in the study, but even if he could move it on his own, which was iffy, he'd never get it into position in time. It was also starting to catch on fire. That would make it a more effective obstacle, but it also would make it more of a challenge to move.

Spoiler:
Story can make it into the garden this turn, but he can't reach that door, as he is behind the others by a round.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:46 am
by jaysun81
Seeing nothing that could be easily moved to trap those stirring behind the door, Story presses on hoping to catch up to his companions.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:08 am
by Mr. Handy
Spoiler:
I just need actions from Elizabeth, Lucius, and Brook before I advance to the next round. Lucius hasn't posted at all this round yet, not even to roll Listen, and he has information that might be useful. His player has logged in today, though, so hopefully he'll do something soon.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:28 pm
by yockenthwaite
Spoiler:
Elizabeth is waiting for hopefully Lucius to give a pointer (player driven, or keeper run if need be). Or if Brook has an idea of which way to go. Right now Elizabeth hasn't a clue :lol: Having said that I'll gladly pick a direction if we absolutely have to, and time is tight. It might not be the best option though!

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:39 pm
by Thorn
Brook wants to move in a different direction than from where she heard voices.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
"Quick, down there and over the wall, it's the best way out!" said Lucius to Elizabeth and Brook, pointing down the narrow passage leading to the villa's wall between the main house and the room from which he heard the noise. "I'll stand in the entrance and hold them off while you escape. They can only get at me two at a time."

Spoiler:
I'll have to post for Lucius and make a decision for him. It's been well over a week now. This should give you two a decent chance, but it might not work out so well for him.

Lucius's Listen roll:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
16

Re: IC-Ep 3-Belly of the Beast(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:08 am
by yockenthwaite
"Ok!" says Elizabeth, grateful for a direction, but worried for her friend. "Come on Brook!" she says, as she runs in the direction Lucius pointed to.