Convergence

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Re: Convergence

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:10 am

"Well done," says Vanessa. "Keep it ready in case there's more of them." She peers into the bathroom to see if there are any other blobs.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:04 am

In the bathroom itself there is no more blobs visible. The bathtub the blob has emerged from is still full of bloody water,and seeing under it and the body still inside the tub was difficult.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:06 am

Nik

Spoiler:
SAN 68: SAN: 1d100 85
SAN loss: 1d4 4 Now 64

"What the hell was that?" Nik asks in a shaky voice. He grabs another towel from the rack, almost dropping it. His hands are shaking.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Griff exhales deeply, relaxing slightly whilst keeping a wary eye on the bathtub.

”Search me, but it sure as hell wasn’t natural! We need to act fast before our journalist friend cottons on to this. Let’s search this place and take some samples. Any chance we can get a friendly instead of the local coroner?”

He looks around for something to collect samples of bath water.

OOC:   Yeah, as soon as I made the roll I knew I’d made a mistake, but it was such a good roll I didn’t want to screw with it!  
Last edited by jp1885 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Anatomist » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:31 pm

José take the door again, hat shot must have stirred someone he thinks
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:34 pm

Griff recalls there were a few large plastic cups from fast food restaurants in the bedroom. They might suffice to collect a sample.

It's around the time José reaches the front door that an insistent knocking starts on it. "Mr. Adams...officers? Is everything okay in there?' It's the hotel clerk.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Leaving José to deal with the clerk, Griff grabs some cups and, if he can find any, bottles with screw tops. Returning to the bathroom he puts on some medical gloves.

"Can someone get a lighter ready and cover me with the spray can?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:58 pm

"Careful, there could be more of them underwater," whispers Vanessa. "We may need to drain it." She'll let José do the talking for now, as he's already at the door, though she's prepared to back him up if needed. She takes up the lighter and spray can, ready to use them if any more blobs appear.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:22 am

"You didn't answer me!" Nik accosts Griff. "What was that and where did you see it come from?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:44 am

Heeding Vanessa's warning, Griff stops what he's doing. He blinks at Nik for a second.

"Oh yeah, sorry, I guess I'm still kinda flustered. I found this gelatinous lump on the guy's head. When I shone my flashlight on it, it moved and sorta crawled into the bath. José shines his light and next thing you know the freaking Blob is coming at us. I'm not ashamed to say I freaked and and loosed off a shot, but it went straight through, which is when I decided to try fire. Luckily it seems to have worked, unless, as the lady says, there's more in there."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Anatomist » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:11 am

Silver Priest wrote:"Mr. Adams...officers? Is everything okay in there?' It's the hotel clerk.

Spoiler:
Anatomist rolled 1d100:

"Don't worry, that was a blank, please reassure anyone that its all ok. Don't mention us... as we are on duty, right? burst pipe maybe?"
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:45 pm

“That was the thing on his head?” whispers Nik furiously to Griff. “Christ. Look, we can’t do anything while that clerk is at the door. Leave the tub alone. Just be ready.”

He regards the corpse in the bath, his mind racing.

“This has to be connected to what happened to Spivey. It can’t be a coincidence. You remember Derringer said that Spivey’s muscles were replaced by some substance? How much do you bet that…” he nods his head at the smoldering towel. “Yeah, there might be more of it.”

He backs up and looks out the door toward where the others are talking to the clerk, hoping to see what is happening.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:48 pm

OOC:   Taking a few liberties here, let me know if I'm moving too fast and I'll retcon.  

There's a pause before the clerk responds. "Oh, well I'm glad to hear that. Some of the folk here were a bit worried. Said they heard gunshots. I'll say it was a false alarm though. But uh, try to keep it down, please. No one wants to have the police called." It occurs to José that the clerk may be nervous because he was bribed to let them into the room in the first place; no doubt he did not want any attention focused on that fact. He seems to leave.

Griff takes samples of the bathwater, Vanessa keeping watch. He's not able to find any bottles in Adams' room, but perhaps he could transfer them to a more sturdy container later on. Approaching the tub, he leans down and begins collecting samples. It occurs to him that at any moment another of those things could attack him, but nothing does, and he's able to collect as much of the water as he wants unmolested. It's blood red, but otherwise looks exactly like water. He does discover something about halfway down, however; a small straight razor.

Nik sees nothing out of the ordinary-- José appears to have defused the situation. Still, it would probably be best if they were more mindful of when and how they used their guns in the future.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:08 pm

"Hey, there's a razor in here; I wonder..."

Griff carefully removes the razor and then checks Adams' wrists for any self-inflicted injuries. Morbidly curious, he also examines the area of the head where the blob was. Was it simply attached or had it burrowed our. If so, how deeply had it burrowed?
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Griff finds the wounds match up perfectly with the razor.

There's no hole in the man's head, suggesting the blob did not come from inside it.

OOC:   Anyone who examines the man's head can make a forensic roll to determine where the blob may have come from.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:02 pm

Spoiler:
jp1885 rolled 1d100:
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:46 am

"Let's try to get out of here as soon as we can" says Nik.

He begins to make a search of the room for anything which might shed some light on Adam's movement since his time in Groversville.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:45 am

"Before we go, see if you can access those files on the laptop," says Vanessa, as she examines the corpse's head. "I can't get that audio file with the message to play right, but you know more about computers than I do. We may need to drain the tub to make sure there are no more blobs in it. We can't leave a threat like that waiting here."

Spoiler:
Forensics roll (80% skill) examining the head:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby HoneyDog » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:05 am

Nik

"Let's just take it with us back to the room. Sheriff's gonna want to keep everything until the cause of death is official, and we don't have any reason to want it in his eyes. Let's search the room, gather up any relevant evidence and get it out of here. Then we should take care of the tub. Maybe you should take charge of the autopsy, Marchand, and try and limit local assistance. We could say that we suspect he might have ingested that new drug I was bullshitting about, and it's toxic if you don't know what you're looking for. Could we call for friendly assistance?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:46 am

"Yeah, we definitely need friendly backup here. If we empty the bathtub, we risk flushing whatever that thing was into the waste water system; we could have blob monsters popping up all over the place. Let's get this room sealed off, disinfected and searched thoroughly. If we can keep the locals out of the autopsy, then all the better. I agree with you Nik, let's keep up with the narcotics angle: Adams slashed his wrists - went crazy on a dangerous drug which could still be contaminating the area. Let's make some calls."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Green: S-Cell