Page 27 of 32

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:37 am
by Silver Priest
Nik is paralyzed by indecision. Vanessa however is not. She shoots at Chaz just as he prepares to smash the final mirror. It's an excellent shot, and sinks deeply into his back. He collapses like a sack of potatoes, losing his grip on the axe as he does so.

The room goes silent, the horrific screams and chanting stopping. The only sound that can be heard is Yarrow's sobbing as his body shakes.

Spoiler:
Chaz is dead. All is not lost, however. If one of the agents can succeed on a first aid check in the next few minutes, roll 1d4. Chaz gets that much back and is revived. Of course, it's up to you if you think your characters trust him enough to attempt to revive him, or if they view him as a tool of the house.

We're out of combat for the moment, so post as you wish.

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:02 am
by HoneyDog
Nik bends down to look at the fallen agent. Helping Chaz is beyond his meagre skills though.

Spoiler:
First Aid 10: First Aid: 1d100 61


Marchand, can you help him?” Nik asks.

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

Vanessa hurries to Chaz's side and does what she can to save his life. She had never wanted to kill him, but he hadn't listened to reason and she had been left with no choice.

Spoiler:
Medicine roll (61% skill) trying to save Chaz:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
20

HP recovered by Chaz:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d4:
1

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:39 am
by Silver Priest
Nik fails to find a pulse. Vanessa tries her luck, attempting to close up the bullet wound. Luckily it hadn't hit anything vital, but Chaz was already losing a lot of blood. She only just manages to prevent him from bleeding out, and after a few stressful minutes she detects a heartbeat. Chaz was alive, but he was still unconscious, and in serious need of medical treatment. Without it he may very well still die.

Of course, that brought with it some questions. Vanessa had shoot him with her own gun, and an FBI agent being nearly killed was sure to bring a lot of scrutiny to the team. They would have to carefully plan their next move. Add to that the fact that the threat was still present. Though dormant now, none of them knew when-or if- it would attack them again.

Spoiler:
That was a series of very fortunate roles on the part of Vanessa; by all accounts Chaz should have died there. Right now he's till unconscious and clinging to life. Anatomist, if you want to play someone else in the meanwhile, feel free to take up Yarrow if you like. If you would like to play him, I'll send you a pm detailing his important information and skills.

Nik and Vanessa need to plan their next move carefully. How will they get Chaz medical treatment without exposing themselves, and do they even want to take the risk? Oh, and the house is still a threat. ;) If you guys need a hint feel free to roll int*5, but please only do this as a last resort. I'd like to see what ideas you have first before offering one of my own up.

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:49 am
by HoneyDog
“Good work Marchand Nik says appreciatively. “Don’t sweat it, we tried to reason with him, the guy was nuts.”

He takes out his phone.

“I should call DG. They might have someone on the books who can fix him up. We can’t take him to a hospital.”

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:54 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

"My thoughts exactly," says Vanessa. "They've got to have friendly doctors on call for just this sort of thing. It must happen all too often."

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:22 am
by HoneyDog
Nik makes the call.

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:41 am
by Silver Priest
Almost as soon as Nik makes the call it is answered. The voice on the other line sounds like Agent CHARLIE, the man who had given them the assignment.

"Report. Is the threat neutralized?"

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:05 am
by HoneyDog
"No" says Nik. "We have an agent down, he needs urgent medical attention for a gunshot wound to the chest. We can't take him to a hospital. Do you have someone?"

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 am
by Silver Priest
Silence, long enough that Nik thinks maybe they got disconnected. But then he responds.

"I'll arrange for someone. Can you transport the agent? Also, has the threat that attacked the agent been neutralized?"

Spoiler:
He has no firsthand knowledge of the runes engraved on the axe, but Dr. Yarrow remembers reading a book some years back that attested to its effectiveness in banishing dangerous entities. The writer- a Dr. Armitage- swore by the process, and Yarrow felt confident he was being truthful.

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:26 am
by HoneyDog
Nik

"We can move him. No, the threat has not been neutralised. It's very powerful. We could use more resources."

Nik waits for an answer, deciding not to say anything about Marchand's involvement at this point.

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:21 pm
by Anatomist
Image

Dr. Yarrow silently at first, then louder starts to mutter from his in fetus position "the symbol on the axe... the symbol on the axe! that's it, im sure it can be used somehow to stop this house of madness!"

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:17 pm
by Silver Priest
"Alright," says CHARLIE. "There's a Friendly we use. He's about 40 minutes away from your present location." He gives directions. It's upstate, in a rural area Nik is vaguely familiar with. "Tell him Mr. Green recommended him. He should be able to save your Agent's life, though long term he may require more specialized care. Can you explain this injury if law enforcement comes investigating? If not, I'll see if I can pull in a few favors and put the injured on a different assignment until they recover enough to not attract attention." He does not sound like he wants to do this.

It's at that point Yarrow begins to speak.

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

"Use the symbol?" asks Vanessa. "How?"

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:06 am
by Anatomist
Mr. Handy wrote:Image

"Use the symbol?" asks Vanessa. "How?"



"Oh Miss i dont really know, but it must have some properties, right?"

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:32 pm
by HoneyDog
“No, we can’t explain it” Nik admits to Agent Charlie on the phone and finishes the call.

“We got someone” he tells Marchand. “Let’s get out of here. I’ll take Charley, you help Dr. Yarrow. Let’s hope nothing else happens tonight. We’ll worry about the ax later.”

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:25 pm
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
Dr. Yarrow is almost convinced that Chaz had the right idea; using the axe against the mirrors will banish the evil inside this house. And now there is only one mirror left. But the other agents, Vanessa in particular, seem unwilling to consider this for some reason.

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

"Yes, we need to get Chaz to the doctor," says Vanessa. She collects her spent shell casings and helps Dr. Yarrow to his feet. "We can figure out what to do about the house later."

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 am
by Anatomist
Dr. Yarrow looks back at the one mirror left, he wimps a sound and starts walking out of the room and out of the house.

Spoiler:
In my mind Yarrow is quite the coward and he wont challenge the authority of the Deltas, specially after he saw Vanessa shoot Chaz, does that make sense?

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:38 pm
by Silver Priest
Spoiler:
Sure, play him as you like. That explanation makes perfect sense to me. Yarrow's convinced all they need to do to banish the evil is destroy the last mirror, but I can understand him being reluctant to share that at the moment given what happened to Chaz.


The agents and Yarrow leave the house, encountering no resistance as they do so. Outside it has grown dim, the last rays of light before evening descends upon the town. Holding the still unconscious Chaz, they begin to move towards their vehicle.

OOC:   Could the first person to reply please make me a luck roll.