Return To Sender

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:18 am

"We could try to pursue two avenues simultaneously," says Vanessa. "We can start the process of obtaining a warrant while we get the documentation and use that to bolster our case. We'll just say our whistleblower obtained it and provided it to us. We could also update Drake and see if we can get some guidance."

Spoiler:
Idea roll (55% stat) about plans:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby HoneyDog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:42 am

Andre shakes his head.

“If we take action, like sabotage or worse, and if we file for a warrant too, then all we’re doing is drawing attention to ourselves. They’d want to question us if the plant was destroyed and see how much we knew. Forget it, we can’t do both.”
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:20 am

"After seeing what happened at Groversville, the less information the government has, the better," Jose points out. "But the only thing is, how are we going to go about doing all this? We'd need to get inside the plant, wipe the records, break into the safe and steal the research, and probably blow up Sapphire.It sounds like the head researcher is unlikely to stop as well, so we'd have to convince her. And I can only think of a few ways that would work. "

"Don't get me wrong, personally I'd rather we're able to do this ourselves, but I don't know how we can hope to. Even with Crisp and Lynne's help, we're outnumbered in the extreme. "Do you have any ideas, Andre?

Drake did say that he could pull some strings and get us some military help from the nearby base if we went the raid route. But I do agree whichever route we take, we need to pick one. Doing both is just asking for exposure for ourselves."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:40 am

“We got two security goons handcuffed in the van” Andre tells Vanessa. “They’re the ones who were watching Crisp at the bar. They think they’re under arrest for unlawful possession. We could use them to draw out the head of security, Deschiel. He in turn can draw out Turner and Metreux. We blackmail them into taking us back into the plant and access the records room, the safe and Sapphire. Turner can tell us who’s financing it.”
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:26 am

"Let's call Drake first and fill him in before we make any decisions," says Vanessa.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Silver Priest » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:26 pm

Assuming Drake is called, he picks up and listens as the agents describe the situation.

"The first rule of our little social club is to avoid exposing anything we deal with to outsiders except as a last resort. This may very well be one of those times, but it carries with it it's own risks. An operation of this size would almost certainly ensure some outsiders saw things they shouldn't. Everyone who does poses a security risk. But we may have no other choice. That said, the ideal would be your group destroying the compound, eliminating the research, and figuring out who ABC is performing it for to begin with. But you're a small team heavily outnumbered. If you're caught death or imprisonment is a certainty. You think you have a plan that can do it? I might be able to get you another cell for the job, if so. But you'd still be in a risky position."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:47 am

“Another cell would be great” says Andre to the other agents. “We don’t need to involve Lynne or Crisp anymore in that case. My plan doesn’t need a lot of people. But it depends on us getting cooperation from the players at ABC. It’s up to you guys. I’ll go with what you decide.”
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:41 am

"If we can get backup from another cell, that would give us a better chance," says Vanessa. "Still not as good as I'd like, though. We have to make sure this research is stopped. If we fail at any step of the way, it will continue - and we'll be dead or wishing we were. I think we may need to conduct an official raid."
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Silver Priest » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:00 am

"We could pass the information on to Crisp or Lynne, get them to deliver it to the authorities if we fail." Jose suggests. "It's a tough call, though. Last thing I want is to get Majestic involved, but I'm also not eager to be killed and end up being ABC's newest test subject either."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:15 am

Andre frowns.

“An official raid means a warrant. It means oversight of our actions. And that means we cannot destroy anything. The lab and whatever is in it will remain intact.”
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:50 am

"If by the authorities you mean Drake, then yes," says Vanessa. "I'd still rather have trusted members of the military backing us up, but if you're both willing to try it this way, so am I."
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby HoneyDog » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:09 am

Andre hesitates.

“If Drake can swing it so that we get backup from the base, plus another cell, and it’s off-book, then I’ve got no problems with that. We’ll look a lot more terrifying with air force helicopters backing us up. We’ll have to move fast to isolate the major players though.“
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:25 am

Drake is called back, and filled in.

"If you're willing to go in on your own, I can make a few calls and get you another cell at your disposal. 4 man team.They're in the area and should be able to be there sometime tomorrow. I've used them before; they're all reliable and I'd trust them with my life. There may be a few clashes over leadership, but I'll make it clear your team is in charge; you've been on the ground and know the situation better.

"Unfortunately I can't get you immediate help from the army. Our man there needs a good reason to send military support out, preferably with a paper trail he can justify to his superiors. You can hopefully understand why his authority is of limited use for us in an off the books operation; and why it's so risky to use even when we can.

"Again though, you know the situation best. Do you think two cells and your inside assets can handle this mission? Or do you think you'll need to take the risk of performing a raid?"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:56 am

Andre looks at the others.

“I say go with the cells. If we have the cooperation of Taylor and the others, we can keep it low-key. It does mean coercing them though. You gotta be okay with that.”
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:10 pm

"There's always the chance that they won't give in to blackmail, and they may try to trap us by pretending to play along," says Vanessa. "We need to be able to ensure their cooperation. If they won't play ball, we'll have to go the official route. This plan won't work without them."
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:11 am

When Vanessa's concerns are relayed, Drake is blunt.

"Judging by what you've told me, Turner can be made to talk. Besides, his exposure to the unnatural is limited. Without the formula or samples all he has are stories, and he does not seem obsessed with continuing the research for any other reasons but profit. In addition, finding where Sapphire is being sent could prove difficult, but not impossible without him, if we can track it to where it's being sent in Canada after leaving the plant. While it would be ideal for you to get a name of the employer out of him, the primary mission must be in destroying what's already been produced and their ability to manufacture more. That said, if you can grab him, even better, but don't jeopardize the mission over it.

"As for the head scientist in charge of the research, she's a different story. She knows too much, and even if we did this officially any leak would likely bring her to the attention of several interested groups who could arrange for her freedom. Even worse, she seems as though she has no plans to stop this. Simply put she's become a liability. There's also one way you can deal with her. But get her files first. For a cover story I have an idea. I did some research and there's a few radical environmental groups in the area. Loud jokers who don't know much and cause a little mischief at best, but they're a convenient scapegoat. I suggest you leave a little of their paraphernalia at the scene. Toss fake animal blood on the ground, or something. Hey, gives us a chance to take down a few hippies as well; always nice. "

"Sounds like you're all in, then. I'll make the calls and bring in your backup. For what it's worth, I think you're making the right choice here and your country thanks you for taking a riskier approach. Shame they can never know about it
." He hangs up.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:09 am

“Take down a few hippies?” echoes Andre. “Who does he think he is, Richard Nixon?”

He shakes his head.

“I can take care of Metraux. I’m not setting up innocents though, so screw that idea. We can find out from Crisp where she is. I suggest we do with her what we did with him, get him to come and meet to talk things over. I’ll get the code to her safe. What do you say?”
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:06 pm

"Sounds like a plan," says Vanessa.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:44 am

“In the meantime, we still have those two asshole guards in the van. Shall I let them go, or we could use them to get to Deschiel?”
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:13 am

"Yeah, that's a good idea," says Vanessa. "Let him know that you've picked up his guys and that he needs to come into town to bail them out. That should get him away from ABC so we can have a nice little conversation with him."
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Green: S-Cell