Return To Sender

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:03 am

Image

"Yes, but we only need cleaners' ID cards to get through the gate," says Vanessa. "We can get the guards' ID cards once we're inside."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37762
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Return To Sender

Postby HoneyDog » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:21 am

“I don’t know” says Andre doubtfully. “It sounds like a lot of risk. If we’re already inside and we have IDs, why do we need other ones? Lynne, can the guards access places that cleaners can’t?”
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Silver Priest » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:41 am

"I work tonight, midnight until eight," Lynne says. "If you wanted to go in the cleaner way, I could get you ID's and uniforms. The ID's are just for identification, no doors require them or anything.

"The cleaners and guards can access the same places, though the cleaners are on a stricter schedule than security. If you're somewhere that's not usually cleaned at that time, people might notice. On the plus side, security would never be in one of the gemstone facilities unless there was an issue,while cleaners work in there every day. But security can carry weapons. And you're less likely to appear out of place as security, while two of you don't look anything like cleaners. And outside the Gemstone units, your faces would be visible."

"We should also consider our other options," Jose expresses. "We could demand a meeting with Turner, see if he's willing to meet with us, and try to bug the place while we're inside. It also might unbalance him-- if he's covering up a crime of some sort, knowing the feds are sniffing around might make him do something stupid. But that would mean he'd probably be more vigilant around security around the plant as well."

"There's also the option of trying to sneak inside. Lynne, do you think we have any chance of that?"

"Well, I could drive you in om my truck, into the garage. But you'd be on your own from there. It would be next to the security annex, though
."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Return To Sender

Postby HoneyDog » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:59 am

“Even if we could install a bug in his office while simultaneously meeting with him, do we actually have any listening devices like that?” Andre asks Jose. “And wandering around the facility with no ID – they have cameras and they’d see us. Perhaps Jose can pass as a cleaner, and he can get security uniforms and IDs for Vanessa and me. We can wait in Lynne’s truck. Lynne, can you mark the location of the cameras you know about on your maps?”
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:12 am

Image

"Okay, that sounds like a good plan," says Vanessa.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37762
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Silver Priest » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:11 am

"I have a few bugs," Jose says. "Of course, if they're already suspicious due to Thomas' leak, they may be on the lookout for them. Vanessa also has a directional microphone we might be able to make use of to overhear conversations."

OOC:   I did not see them listed in the expenses category, but I'm going to say Jose and any of the other agents can pick up some bugs. Roll to place them would probably be SIGNIT.  


"In any event, I'm fine passing as a cleaner. Maybe Lynne and I can both grab a few spare outfits for the rest of the team-- I think it would be a lot less suspicious if I was wondering around with someone known to the rest of the staff."

"I guess I could," Lynne says reluctantly. " But I'm not sure how long the ID's would stand up to any examination. As long as you kept a low profile and blended in, things should be fine. But once someone looks at them and sees you don't look like the photo, the alarm would be sounded. Now, I can try to get you pictures that look like all of you as much as possible, but its still risky.

"Unless we just borrowed it to make a credible forgery," Jose notes.

"Well, yes. Can you do that?"

"No." Jose admits. "But uh, maybe someone can?" He looks to the others. "If not, guess we'll have to go in and do our best not to get caught."

"As for the cameras, they're at the entrance to the facility and outside of every building. There's also one on each floor of the Admin building and in each of the Gemstone units. They rotate back and forth, so there may be a blind spot in there, but I've never tried it. Don't want to appear suspicious."

Spoiler:
Really hope I'm not making this too complicated guys. I'm trying to walk a fine line between letting you plan the break in and chose your own path and offer a few suggestions your agents might reasonably know. Don't feel the need to take any of them though. If you want to go in with the plan above, that's totally doable. There are risks to it(as there are to any plan) but I promise it won't lead to an automatic TPK.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Return To Sender

Postby HoneyDog » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:33 am

Spoiler:
I think demanding a meeting in Turner’s office and trying to bug it is just as if not more risky than the current plan. Plus it means showing our hand, and making it easier for them to identify who we are. Plus no-one has any SIGINT score.


“Let’s do it tonight. Find out what they’re doing in those Gemstone units and get the hell out.”
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:13 am

Image

"All right," says Vanessa. "Sapphire's the one we want. That's where the incident happened. We might be able to find someone who could make a decent forgery, but that would take time. We'll just have to rely on people seeing what they expect to see."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37762
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Silver Priest » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:58 am

"Well, I'm pretty sure Sapphire is where whatever happened, happened," Lynne says. "But whatever they've done, they covered it up. I've been in their to clean since and noting seemed out of the ordinary. Of course, I don't know what they're brewing in those vats, but I don't think it would be too easy to get a look."

"Still, if you want to go in tonight, I guess I can take you. Then I can try to acquire you ID's and security uniforms, and let you look around."


OOC:   Okay guys, so if I'm right the plan is to let Lynne drive you in tonight, then find security outfits for all of you? Thinking about it more, Lynne would know where the uniforms are being kept and is reasonably confident she can get them to you unnoticed-- though she'd also point that once the guards realize three uniforms are missing the alarm would be raised. But their shift would just be starting and unless they have a reason to do so, they shouldn't notice it until it ends, if all goes well. And if the agents get in and out quietly they can be replaced with no one the wiser. If for whatever reason you wanted cleaner uniforms instead she could try something similar, I just figured you'd all want to dress in the same role, please correct me if you prefer a mixed approach.

After this, let me know your immediate objective. Investigating the Sapphire unit to see if you can figure out what the compound is? Lynne also tells you that there's always a few workers monitoring the control room of each unit, along with the security cameras. Depending on how the agents approach their investigation these obstacles may need to be dealt with.

Finally, let me know what equipment you're bringing. Kevlar can be worn under either disguise, but security only carries small arms and shotguns. Some larger weapons could be carried in equipment bags, toolboxes, or cleaning equipment.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Return To Sender

Postby HoneyDog » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:12 am

OOC:   Not quite, I was thinking Jose can be disguised as a cleaner, and he can help get the security IDs and uniforms. If security would raise eyebrows wandering into some areas, better to have one of us dressed as a cleaner.

Andre will only carry a sidearm and a camera, plus kevlar. As we don't even know that they are doing anything illegal there, it's probably best not to run riot shooting everyone.  


“I think we might want to look around the administration building first” says Andre. “We might see something in the labs there, or some records or something.”

He looks over the maps again.

Lynne – the river here. I’m guessing there’s a fence between the river and the compound. About the railway bridge – have you seen it? Can you describe it at all?”
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:14 am

Image

"Yes, let's start there," says Vanessa. "We may find some interesting documents, especially if we can get into Turner's office."

Spoiler:
Yes, I agree with that plan. I'll bring my pistol, Kevlar, and stun baton. I'll also bring PPE, though we'll probably find better equipment on site. When we're ready to enter Sapphire, we can put on those filter suits. That should protect us and help us blend in there. Andre should bring his lockpicks too. We may need them.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37762
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Silver Priest » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:49 am

"Actually, no," Lynne responds. "The compound's surrounded on three sides by a 12 foot wall topped with razor wire, followed by the dog run that the guard dogs patrol in the middle. Another 12 foot wall is on the other end, also topped with wire. But the part of the compound facing the Milk River is elevated, and you can't get up on to it just by swimming across; not that you could anyway, the river's pretty deep.

"As for the railway bridge, it brings supplies to and from the compound. The route starts in Billings Montana and goes through ABC and into Canada. It's an elevated track and the only way into it in ABC is the Railcar loading area here
." She points it out. "[*]There's always a few security guards around this area inspecting the train and its cargo on days it's supposed to come in; but it won't be in again for a few days."

OOC:   Ready to go?

Also, Lynne would fill you in on what she's observed of the guard and worker's schedules.  


Spoiler:
16 guards on shift.

5 in Security office,including Chief of Security Louis Deschial.

2 in guard post.

1 manning on-site residence.

1 in Administration building front desk

1 monitoring railway.

4, 1 each, at the Gemstone units.

2 patrolling.

As for the workers, Administration and Research don't work the late night shift. The only other workers who usually are in are the production staff-- largely working in the Gemstone facilities-- and the custodians.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Return To Sender

Postby HoneyDog » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:55 am

“The river or the railway bridge might have to serve as an escape route” says Andre. “Try for the bridge, if you can’t make it or it’s too well guarded, then go by the river. Lynne, if all goes well, we’ll wait for you in your truck and you can drive us out when your shift finishes.”

OOC:   Andre will bring the lockpicks too. Yes, I think we're ready to go.  
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:19 am

Spoiler:
I'm ready too.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37762
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Silver Priest » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:04 am

"Alright," Lynne says. "Seems like we're doing this, then." "My shift starts at midnight. I'll take you all in. Until then... I'm gonna go back to bed." And she promptly does so, leaving the agents to make themselves at home.

OOC:   Any final actions you guys want to take can be taken now in the several hours you have before midnight.  


***

November 8th, 2000

The evening starts with good news; Lynne finds a spare outfit that Jose can fit in that will let him pass for a cleaner. He'll still need an ID, but she seems to think that will be easier to obtain. Then she loads the three agents into the back of her truck, putting a tarp over it for good measure. she instructs them to lie on the floor and only come out when she says so.

It's difficult to hear what's happening, but the truck seems to stop after a fashion and Lynne makes small talk with someone who the agents cannot hear. Then they are off again, and soon the truck stops once again, this time for good. Lynne pulls the tarp up and motions for Jose to get up.

"We're at the garage, but that was the easy part. You two wait here until I can get you disguises. Jose, you want to come with?"

"Right
." Jose gets to his feet, exiting the vehicle. "Be careful, guys. I'll be back soon."

Time passes, what seems like forever. The agents hear more cars enter the garage, their doors opening and closing as their drivers come and go. But eventually the pair return, uniforms in hand. Once Lynne says the cost is clear, the others can change; they're now both wearing security uniforms that are roughly their size. Jose too looks snug in his. Their ID's however are less of a perfect match; while Lynne has done a decent job of acquiring three that bear a passing resemblance to them, any attempt to actually examine them would soon reveal their deception.

"I'm going to be late for work for this, but I'll manage. I'll get back to normal on my shift. Assuming I don't hear an alarm being raised, we can hitch a ride out of here at 8, though we should maybe meet a half hour earlier so I can put the uniforms back. Good luck." She hesitates, then tries to look natural and heads out of the garage.

Jose looks at the others. "Are we sticking together or do you want me to try and investigate somewhere else?"

Spoiler:
Image

The agents are presently in the garage. There's a door to the security annex to the left. To the south is the exit to the parking lot and rest of the facility. There are gulf carts parked out front that security use to get around various parts of the compound quickly.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:55 am

Image

"It might look suspicious for a cleaner to be accompanying two security guards," says Vanessa. "We'll want to get into the administration building without the guards being alerted. There's one guard at the front desk by the main entrance, and it seems there'll be one at the loading dock too. We'll want to find another way inside. I see there's a door at the northeast corner that leads outside. Maybe we should try to enter that way. If it's locked, you could just walk in the front door and let us in. A cleaner is probably beneath the guard's notice."

Spoiler:
I'll use the time before her shift to take a nap so that I'm well rested and can stay up all night.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37762
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Return To Sender

Postby HoneyDog » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:16 pm

“Sounds good Vanessa says Andre. “Let’s try it.”
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 5241
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:17 pm

"Right," Jose nods. "Meanwhile, after you both get inside I think I'll check out the Sapphire unit. I won't do anything too blatant unless I can an opportunity, but even observing how others are handling whatever they're brewing in there might give us some clues. Sounds good?"

The team make their way to the administration building and the side door on the northeast of the building. It's closed, and there's little foot traffic in this area, as opposed to the more main route which most workers were taking to presumably begin their shift. No one seemed to be close to them at the moment.

OOC:   First agent to roll please give me a luck roll.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Silver Priest » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:22 am

Andre tries the door, and to his relief it is unlocked. It enters into a stairwell with stairs leading up and a door leading out, presumably to reception. A bit of a security oversight, but one the agents could take advantage of.

Seeing the team had gained entrance, Jose prepares to head off to the Sapphire compound, unless stopped.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2754
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Return To Sender

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:42 am

Spoiler:
Did Lynne know where Turner's office is? I don't see it specifically labeled on the map.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 37762
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Green: S-Cell

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], Silver Priest and 0 guests