Convergence

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Re: Convergence

Postby HoneyDog » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:15 pm

Nik watches Jose climb, a concerned expression on his face. He opens his phone to call Derringer.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Griff does as he's bid and collects everything needed.

"Okay, let's go."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:21 am

Vanessa and Griff

The infant does not respond to Griff, but it turns his head to look at him, its unnerving gaze on him. This should not be possible; children should not be able to do that until at least 4 months. It was just more proof the child was different in some way. Still,while he gives Griff the creeps, nothing he's done so far has been threatening, and he seems content to be rocked by Jane.

Schaeffer seems torn on staying with the hybrid child or going with the investigators, but if requested he reluctantly stays behind to watch Jane and the baby.

The two agents grab their gear, along with some rope, and head outside to Sonja's truck. As they open the car door the dog peaks its head out. It looks like a Boston Terrier, but its face has been replaced with that of Allen Eddington, Sonja's cameraman. It barks, sounding exactly like a normal dog, and wags its tail.

OOC:   Please make a san roll 1/1d4.  

Spoiler:
Jose climbs back up the ladder, getting into position and watching the aliens go about their work. Two of them open a container featuring the teenager and grab his body, lifting it, they begin to bring it to one of the operating tables.

Nik

Sonja pulls out a cigarette and offers Nik one. "Hope the rest of your team get here soon, before anymore little green men show up. Or gray, as the case may be."

The call to Derringer goes unanswered.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:43 am

Nik rings off.

"Fuckin' asshole" he mutters. His nerves are taut.

He waves away Sonja's offered cigarette.

"I'm not just worried about those grey bastards" he tells her. "There were reports of helicopters. I'm sure there must be another er... more local party involved in this".
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:35 am

Spoiler:
jp1885 rolled 1d100:
Spoiler:
jp1885 rolled 1d4:
”Nuh-uh. No way.”

Griff stops dead in his tracks at the sight of the man-faced dog.

“Nononono, do not think for a minute that I’m getting in with that thing!”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Anatomist » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:34 am

Spoiler:
José will start recording on his smartphone securing himself that the light of the camera is iff
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Vanessa manages to hold it together...mostly. "We're going to have to," she says. "I love dogs, even if this one is weird. He can sit in my lap if you don't want to touch him, and you can drive. We can't leave him with Dr. Shaeffer, Jane, and the baby, and we can't leave him to run around loose either. Nobody else can see him. Besides, whoever or whatever did this might have the means to undo it, so we need to bring him. And whoever or whatever did this is going to pay."

Spoiler:
Yes, we'll have Dr. Shaeffer stay with Jane and the baby.

Sanity roll (current level 65) for seeing the dog with the man's face:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby jp1885 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:23 pm

"Alright, I'll drive; you can both sit in the back with Fido, okay?"

Griff shudders.

"I just can't wait 'til we meet the dude with the dog's face. Won't that be a frikkin' doozie..."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:43 pm

Griff and Vanessa

Griff and Vanessa
eventually get into the vehicle. The dog-man tries to approach Griff, but Vanessa keeps him away. The thing seems entirely harmless(if incredibly disturbing), and if Vanessa scratches him he attempts to lick her. It's up to her whether or not she accepts.

After about twenty minutes they arrive at the location Nik specified, an isolated and apparently abandoned barn in the hills surrounding Groversville. It's two stories, the first floor is wide but seemed to have only one entrance, front doors which are presently closed. The second floor has an open window leading into the structure, but nothing can be seen from within. The state of the road and the chipped red paint of the structure would seem to indicate no one had used it in quite sometime. The only other piece of equipment was a ladder that was currently positioned to lead up to the open window.

Spoiler:
OOC:   Well the scenario takes place in 2000, so smartphones are sadly not an option. :P You could have a camera, though the flash might very well alert anything below. But if you want to do that, let me know.  

Jose keeps watch as the aliens begin to dissect the young teen. They begin injecting his dead organs with needles of something; it resembles the tissue replacement they had encountered in the bathroom. This goes on for several minutes.

Nik

"Great, black helicopters too?" Sonja takes a long drag. "I really did walk into an episode of the X-Files. " She's trying to hide it, but Nik can tell how upset and tense she really is. It's gallows humor.

After what seems like an eternity the van Nik recognizes as Sonja's pulls up to them.

OOC:   If you've not yet, please specify what equipment you have on your sheets.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:18 pm

Vanessa allowed the dog to play with her and lick her, even though it felt strange. Still, human slobber wasn't any more gross than dog slobber. "Stay," she tells the dog firmly when they arrive, pointing a finger at it. Then she gets out of the van.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:24 am

Nik nods a greeting at the arriving agents.

"Jose's keeping watch on the aliens. Entry is through the opening up there. I don't know how we get down but we have the rope. We should try to capture them - hopefully we can communicate with them and get them to fix their mess."

He turns to Sonja.

"We need you to watch our backs. If anyone else turns up, we won't know about it. Stay here, watch the road and the surrounding area. Can you do that for us?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:37 am

"I've got a stun baton that'll help with that if they're hostile and won't hold a civil conversation," says Vanessa, "as well as pepper spray, if that even affects them. If it comes to it, I've got my M4 too."
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:43 am

Nik

"Let's work out the details when we can see the target. I'm going to try calling Derringer again."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:39 am

Sonja's eyes narrow. "Wait just a moment! You're not going to go in there and face those aliens without me. For one thing, they're incredibly dangerous, and if they prove hostile you're going to need another gun on your side. And for another, I'm a reporter. I am not missing this story."

OOC:   One of you can give me a persuade roll. Failing that, you can always threaten her into submission if you don't care what she thinks of you.  

This time Derringer does pick up.

OOC:   How much does Nik tell him,and does it include Sonja and Schaffer's involvement?  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 am

Nik quickly shields the phone so that Sonja’s outburst isn’t heard, and moves a short distance away with his back to the others. He fills Derringer in on events and their immediate plans, including the location of the barn in case things go wrong. He leaves out the details concerning Shaeffer, Jane’s birth and Sonja’s involvement. As he is talking, he screws the sound suppressor to the barrel of his pistol.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:33 pm

By now Griff has his firearm drawn. As much as he hates the idea of going in, he dislikes the idea of civilians also getting involved even more.

Spoiler:
jp1885 rolled 1d100:
”Look miss, like the man said: we need you out here to watch our backs, ‘cos if we don’t make it outta this mess, there won’t be a story to tell.”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:56 am

Vanessa nods. "At least one of us has to survive," she says, her weapon also in her hands.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Silver Priest » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:42 am

OOC:   I assume you all go on, but if not will retcon.  

"Understood," says Derringer. "Due to the infection we won't be able to provide you backup, so your cell is our last hope of neutralizing the threat. Based on their actions assume they're hostile. Call me back when it's done." He terminates the call.

Sonja looks torn. "Aw, damn it," She finally says, and nods,convinced even though she's not happy about it. "Fine. But if you all die in there I doubt I'll get far before they beam me up too.."

One by one the agents climb the ladder and enter into the loft.

The first thing they notice is that both barn doors are reinforced by a sheet of dry-webbing like material that seems thick and almost impossible to see through.It would seem that this was what was preventing the doors from opening. The interior walls and stalls of the barn have also been removed, leaving a large open area. A large number of strange instruments can be seen below, the purpose of which the agents can scarcely guess at. These objects come in all shape and sizes and contain weirdly glowing lights. While they are identifiable as machines,they also seem to have a biological and almost fungal look to them. A few of the objects especially catch the group's interest.

First are five containers around the size if an adult human with a glass window showing a bluish liquid. None of the containers are occupied currently, though one is open at present.

There are also several operating tables, complete with an assortment of strange tools nearby each. On one of them lays the dissected body of a young teenage boy.

Holograms appear on some of the other machines, flashing a series of pictures that appears to show the external and internal views of humans and lifestock in various stages of autopsy. The only living things appear to be four naked gray creatures. Appearing to be thin and short, a little over 4 feet, they are currently observing the dead boy. Two of the aliens are injecting some sort of vial of white liquid into his wide open chest.

None of the aliens appear to notice the Delta Green agents yet.

OOC:   Everyone but Jose please make a san roll, 0/1d3. Everyone can also make an Alertness roll. If any of your agents attempt to do anything other than observe or communicate via sign language to one another, I will need a stealth roll. Even if you fail the aliens will need to roll alertness to hear you. Also, a picture of the greys is provided below.  

https://i.postimg.cc/bJrrrsK4/201f46f7c ... 1v2-00.jpg
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Anatomist » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Spoiler:
Anatomist rolled 1d100:
Last edited by Anatomist on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:30 pm

Spoiler:
SAN 54
jp1885 rolled 1d100:

Potential loss
jp1885 rolled 1d3:

Alertness 60
jp1885 rolled 1d100:
Despite the unremitting litany of horror Griff has been exposed to, he somehow manages to hold his nerve at the scene before him. His senses stretched to breaking point, he remains on the alert.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Green: S-Cell