Convergence

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Re: Convergence

Postby Silver Priest » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:49 pm

Nik's oddities are set aside, and the team get themselves breakfast from the diner next door, taking it back for Jane. She reports no change in her symptoms, but it is obvious the child will be coming sooner than later-- likely within the next few days.

Around nine in the morning, the courier calls, and the agents meet him outside the motel. He's an older man of near 60, with rubbery skin likely caused in part by the smoking he's doing at this very moment. When he sees the group approach, he drops his cigarette on the ground and rubs it out with his shoe.

"Before we get started, I know very little about what you're doing here, and would like to keep it that way. I heard you had a body for me?"

Assuming the group still wishes to, he'll take Adams corpse and load it in the back of his van, the back of which seem sanitized to allow for hygienic transfer of the body and prevent the spread of infection.

"Now, I've got some goodies for you." He offers the team the items they requested- two shotguns, two fully auto m4's, 4 standard night vision googles, and anything else they might like.

OOC:   Go ahead and take the equipment you like, consulting the equipment thread for their stats. If you'd like any further items this is the time to ask. Also keep in mind all of these items are to be returned at the end of the operation.  

"And lastly, here's something the science nerds cooked up." He brings out 6 spray bottles of window cleaner. "This compound apparently is able to identify the strange tissue you're all looking for here. Simply spray it on anyone or anything you think is infected with it, and if it's infected, it will turn bright purple, allowing for easy identification and ideally elimination of the infection."

"Anything else
?" He looks impatient, and clearly wants to get going.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:44 am

Nik takes a pair of binoculars too.

"Wait a minute" he says to the courier, looking at a bottle of the liquid. "What are you talking about, 'infection'? Is this viral? Is it contagious? What do you know about it?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:57 am

Vanessa would have requested a handheld flamethrower, seeing how effective fire was against the blob, but none of them know how to use one, so she has instead asked for the components to make homemade ones such as Griff used, as well as a reinforced Kevlar vest and a shock baton. "Thank you," she says, accepting their gear. She's sure the courier only knows what he has been told. The spray could be useful to determine whether Jane is herself infected, and the baby after it's born.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Silver Priest » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:44 am

The additional items are given.

OOC:   Vanessa and anyone else interested, feel free to add a homemade flamethrower to your sheet. This would allow you to fashion a weapon much like Griff did while fighting the blob earlier(and thus lettign you use your firearms skill) But the drawback would be that it only does 1d6 damage a turn and if you roll a 95 or higher with it it will break.  

"Oh no, not that we can determine. The guys we've got examining the live subject we've got back there have all been tested and received clean bills of health. Poor choice of words on my part, I'm afraid; when you've been around as long as I have, you start to think of all this shit as a tumor that infects people and things." For just a second he appears emotional, but a stormy mask once again forms over his features.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:19 am

"Okay" says Nik. He helps load the body and get the gear back to the rooms to check it.

In the room, he picks up one of the spray bottles, and after pausing a moment, sprays some of the liquid on his hand.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:32 am

After the longest moment of his life Nik sprays his hand. Within a few seconds, small flecks of purple appear on his bare skin. they're the size of a snowflake and there's only around a half dozen of them on his hand, but he has trace amounts of the protomatter Billy Ray Spivey had been altered with.

Even more interesting is that swirls of this purple mist can be found floating throughout the air. Some small specks of it swim around Nik's nose and mouth, suggesting he's been breathing this in as well.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:29 am

Griff takes delivery of his extra medical kit and protective gear, as well as another aerosol and a bottle of the indicator spray.

His first thought is to test the spray on Jane if she allows it.

OOC:   Would Griff notice Nik spraying himself? If not, it probably wouldn't occur to him to do the same.  
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Anatomist » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:34 pm

OOC:   José takes one of the flamethrowers, and as Griff did he see Nik spraying himself?  
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:25 pm

OOC:   It's up to you guys - Nik didn't make it a secret so if you want to put your character in the same bedroom checking the gear, then sure, they might have watched him do it.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:02 pm

OOC:   Cool. In that case Griff will also test himself.  
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:19 am

Griff finds Jane a willing subject. She strips and he sprays her body. Her hands show mild flecks of purple, along with swirls of it throughout the air. Disturbed, he tries it on himself, to much the same result; he has traces of the matter on his skin, and is breathing in it through the contamination in the air! The other agents who do this learn much the same. They don't feel any different, but it seems clear that they're all contaminated.

Jane however has something rather interesting. Down the front of her a purple pattern comes into form, revealing several dozen interconnected scars invisible to the naked eye. Each of these scars appears to have been sealed by the same tissue used to seal Billy Ray's wounds, confirming diffidently that she has been surgically experimented on. Jane eyes widen as the pattern becomes clear. "W--What is all this?"

The last thing Griff notices is that Jane has a small glass of water near her. Some of the spray gets in it, and it turns the water a dark shade of purple.

OOC:   Everyone please roll for san loss as you realize you are all infected with the same thing Billy Ray had been, 1/1d6. As Mr.Handy seems to be away until Monday, I'm going to pause here until he gets back, but do feel free to continue posting. I am interested in your reactions to recent developments. :twisted:  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Anatomist » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:39 am

Spoiler:
Anatomist rolled 1d100:

Spoiler:
Anatomist rolled 1d6:

"The water!"
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:13 pm

Spoiler:
jp1885 rolled 1d100:
Spoiler:
jp1885 rolled 1d6:
Griff watches as purple patches appear on his skin and swirl around as he exhales.

"Well ain't that just great..."

He chuckles, making the particles dance as he waves his hand through them.

"Reckon I'll get super strength like the kid? Or maybe I'll be able to fly; wouldn't that be a doozy?"

He collapses onto a seat, laughing bitterly.

"Perhaps I'm pregnant too! Hey, you guys can be godparents!"

He buries his head in his hands, laughter turing into sobs.
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:04 pm

Spoiler:
SAN 66: SAN: 1d100 1 Now 65

Nik had suspected that he might be affected, but now he realizes that everyone must be.

“Jesus Christ” he mutters, sitting on the bed. He shakes his head, trying to clear his mind and work out what to do, as his hands tremble. Eventually he gets himself under control, and deciding that the gear can wait, he goes to see the others in Jane’s room.

Entering, he sees the others in various states of distress, and works out that they must have also figured out what’s happened. He also sees the glass of water, and understands.

“Hi Jane”. He forces a smile. Doctor Shaeffer’s on his way. Can I borrow these guys for a moment?”
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Jane nods, numbly. She's not a fool; the other agents reactions have convinced her that something is terribly wrong. Her hands stroke up and down her belly.

OOC:   Jose, since you lost more than 5 san on your roll, you have gone temporary insane.Look here for one of the options you must undertake. Alternatively, you can try to project on a bond, and if you roll at least a 2 you can maintain your composure. The rules for that are here  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Anatomist » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:00 pm

José stands like frozen for a second or two and suddenly plummets to the ground. His eyes wide open.
~Bony End of Story~
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:08 am

Nik looks from Jane to Jose, then back again.

“Jane” he says, trying to reassure her, “we’ll do what it takes to help you.”

He goes to Jose and kneels down beside him.

“Can you hear me, Jose?” he asks.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Postby jp1885 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:12 pm

"Oh man... You okay buddy?

José's collapse shakes Griff out of his self-pity and he moves over to Nik to help his fellow medic.

"Hey, I got some better medical stuff - maybe we can find something to get rid of this crap huh?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:17 pm

Spoiler:
Until I let you know, Jose is completely catatonic, the implications of all this too much for his mind to handle.. I will let you know when you can post freely.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:07 am

"Have you got any ammonia salts in your kit?" Nik asks Griff. "Try to bring him out of it."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Green: S-Cell