Page 22 of 24

Re: IC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

"Ellis is...lost?" asks Craig. "We'll have to get back to the rendezvous by another route and hope the chopper picks us up quickly enough." He instinctively checks his watch to see how long they have until then, though he realizes it probably won't work either. "Must have been an electromagnetic pulse that fried our gear."

Re: IC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:21 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
"Ellis is dead," Tyner says bluntly. "I just hope it was quick. Now we've got to save our own skins."

Re: IC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

"Damn, all those lives lost for nothing..." says Craig. "Let's get out of here, before we join them."

Re: IC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:14 am
by Cotton
You are all now at the mouth of the cave in Varjita Mountain, and are faced with a choice: climbing back down the way you came up, or try to climb down another way.

OOC:   Using the same route down will not require a check, but will lead into the village and whatever dangers lay there. Using a different route will require a check.  

Re: IC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:20 am
by Victoria Silverwolf
"Sounds like trouble back in the village," Tyner says. "We should find another way down."

Re: IC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

Craig nods. "Yeah, let's get moving," he says.

Re: IC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:15 am
by Cotton
OOC:   Strx5 check.  

Re: IC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:23 am
by Victoria Silverwolf
Spoiler:
STR=13 X 5 = 65
Victoria Silverwolf rolled 1d100:
53


Sheer desperation gives Tyner the strength he needs to go on.

Re: IC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:04 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

Terror sparks a surge of adrenaline, lending Craig the raw strength he needs to climb quickly.

Spoiler:
STR x 5 roll (40% stat) climbing down:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
6

Re: IC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:40 am
by Cotton
Price STRx5: 80
Cotton rolled 1d100:
72


Alex STRx5: 65
Cotton rolled 1d100:
54


Cotton rolled 1d6:
3

Re: IC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:28 am
by Cotton
The four of you begin your climb down the back of the mountain. Even with Alex's injured arm it only takes about three hours. The screams of agony and ecstasy can no longer be heard from the village, in fact the entirety of the valley has gone deathly quite. Now, you need to make your way back to the rendezvous spot.

OOC:   Make a Navigate check  

Re: IC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

Craig has gotten turned around, and he isn't entirely sure which way to go.

Spoiler:
Navigate roll (30% skill) to find the rendezvous:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
40

Do we have GPS? A compass?

Re: IC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:17 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Spoiler:
Navigate = 10%
Victoria Silverwolf rolled 1d100:
69


Tyner is hopelessly lost. "How about you, Alex? You're supposed to be the backwoods guy."

Re: IC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:35 am
by Cotton
Alex: Navigate 30%
Cotton rolled 1d100:
1


Price: Navigate 40%
Cotton rolled 1d100:
2


OOC:   You're GPS and even compasses have been acting strangely ever since you arrived in the valley.  


Fortunately, Price and Alex are familiar with overland navigation and you are able to find your way back to the pick up spot. The four of you arrive a few hours ahead of the scheduled pick up time. You'll either have to wait, call FOB Turner using the Sat Phone, or send up a flare.

OOC:   If you're plan is to use the Sat phone, then Victoria will have to make a LUCK roll to see if it still works since Tyner is the one caring it.  

Re: IC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

"Let's use the sat phone to call the base," says Craig. "The longer we stick around here, the more likely they are to find us."

Re: IC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:35 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
"Let me see if I can get this damn gizmo to work."

Spoiler:
I believe LUCK = POW x 5 = 50%
Victoria Silverwolf rolled 1d100:
93


After fiddling with it a while, Tyner pulls his fingers away from it as if he's gotten a shock. "No go. It's shorted out. Do we risk sending up a flare and drawing unwanted attention?"

Re: IC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:12 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

"I wouldn't take a chance on that," says Craig. "The villagers would see that for sure and come after us. I think we'd better just cover our tracks, hide, and wait for the chopper to pick us up. Are all of our radios fried too?"

Re: IC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:34 am
by Cotton
OOC:   The three of you who went down into the temple proper had all your radios and flashlights and stuff fried by the "sound" that The Shape made. I'll roll luck for Alex's radio.
Pow x 5 = 40%
Cotton rolled 1d100:
96
 

Re: IC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:38 am
by Cotton
Unfortunately all of your radios and Sat Phones have been fried. Fortunately, there are multiple places where along the road (although that might be a generous term for the dirt path your on) where rock outcroppings would provide cover for one or more of you.

Re: IC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:40 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
"Looks like we settle in and hope for the cavalry to show up," Tyner says. "Failing that, it's a long walk home."