Restaurant

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Re: Restaurant

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:07 am

"Do you know what a psycholocational sink is?" asks Kate.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Laraqua » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:53 am

"Sounds like a question for the station manager or operator or whoever he is. He's often babbling with weird terminology like that." He leans back on his chair, eyeing them off. "You guys are planning to find a way out, aren't you? Yeah, I can see the look in your eyes. I had that look in my own eye for awhile until something came and dug it out."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:50 am

"It is my duty as an officer and a gentleman to try to escape," says Kate, affecting a deep voice for that line before returning it to normal. "What came and dug the look out of your eye?"
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Laraqua » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:02 am

"Everyone died but me," he said softly. "Originally I was trying to keep everyone ... not happy, exactly. I was trying to keep morale high when we first arrived. I'd keep everyone away from the doors and we kept to groups no smaller than three. The Train Manager became *different* first. We found him etching symbols into his chest in one of the upper class bathrooms. After that he became quiet, then slipped into a coma, then he woke up he was changed. When he attacked us, it took five men to hold him down and that was only after he managed to gut three of us. The rest fled and scattered. I don't know what became of those five men. I tried to collect everyone else. We assembled in the waiting room and were safe for awhile. I didn't know about how the hearths ... candles, lights, fireplaces ... how they meant the room would be safe. But we sensed it. We sent people out in small groups. The water was fine for awhile. Then it started making people vomit. A few died of dehydration, then starvation. Those that weren't picked off by those *things*. It seems food and drink does appear in here, sporadically. Perhaps because this place is still in use and sometimes things *pass over* to us. Or perhaps there really is weird time stuff happening here and occasionally food and drink just drops in from elsewhere. I don't know."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:47 am

"The conductor on the train must have been one of the ones who changed," says Kate with a shiver. "How long have you been in this mess? What was the date when it started for you?"
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Ritterton » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:27 am

Arty listened and as he did so, he started to have a feeling that there was not going to be a simple answer. There was also something odd about the man's story and his resignation to being a survivor of one. Something just didn't sit right with Arty. "Wonder if anyone actually got that telegraph Ms. Kate? Hmh, what was the date you pulled into the Station?"

His question echoed her's, but he felt that he needed to hear an answer and didn't want their new colleague to stray from the current line of questioning.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Previous

Return to The Railway Station