Restaurant

Watch your step as you explore this dimly lit and disturbing railway station and its buildings beneath the bomber's moon.

Moderator: Laraqua

Restaurant

Postby Laraqua » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:43 am

There are nine tables covered in white with gleaming dishes all laid out as though in preparation for a banquet. In the middle of each table sits a vase of flowers, each a different colour, and each looks quite magnificent but for the one in the middle which is dry and brittle, casting dropped petals to the doily underneath and staining it yellow. There are white stargazer lilies, white chrysanthemums, gladioli and white roses. There are menus sitting out on every table, showing the usual sort of station fare and a reasonable selection of cocktails that are perhaps a little to posh for a location like this.

There's a bar to one side, with a cash register upon it beside a telephone, and behind that bar stands a door which presumably leads into the kitchens. A dented piano stands to one side, as well as another fireplace, and a wireless set has pride of place beside it. There's only a tiny scrap of a dance floor but it appears well-scuffed and well-used.

Spoiler:
notices that there are letters pressed between the workings beneath the lid.

Spoiler:
identifies that the piano hasn't been moved which suggests that the piano wasn't bumped, rather some weight pressed down upon it at two points that are suspiciously the right size and shape for human hands. The front door was burst open from the inside after several heavy smacks by a large blunt object, likely a human-shaped (or placed) shoulder.

Spoiler:
finds that the flowers here are all sympathy and funerary flowers. A white stargazer lily symbolizes sympathy and any type of white lily expresses majesty and purity. White carnations stand for pure love and innocence. Particularly in some European countries, Korea, and Japan, the white chrysanthemum is symbolic of death, lamentation, and grief. A fan spray of gladioli is a classic and elegant arrangement for traditional funeral services. The gladiolus embodies strength of character, sincerity, and moral integrity. A white rose evokes reverence, humility, innocence, and youthfulness.


Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
 
Posts: 12544
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:04 am
Location: Australia, Adelaide

Re: Restaurant

Postby Ritterton » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 am

"Alright, through here," Arty said as he saw the broken door emerge from the fog as he took a few steps closer to the dark shape that was the station. As he closed the distance, he could see the door was broken about handle and locking mechanism and it sat askew from the hinges. "Hmhm, he said as he careful worked his way through the opening.
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula

Re: Restaurant

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 am

Image

Kate follows Artemis into the restaurant and shines her torch around. She goes over to the piano first and examines the damage. Lifting the lid slightly, she notices something underneath and pulls out some letters. "Let's see what we've got here," she says, looking through them.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31063
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Restaurant

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:22 am

Image

Jonathan looks around and whispers: "The flowers... are they for us?", he then shakes his head to dispel his bad mood, and heads to where Kate is examining the letters.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: Restaurant

Postby Ritterton » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:47 pm

"At this point, I don't know how to answer who those might be for," Artemis said with a frustrated uncertainty. "Miss Kate, any thoughts? Or should we go check behind that door?"

Arty pointed towards the door to what seemed to be the kitchen. "Another thought would be to call someone for some help in all of this."
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula

Re: Restaurant

Postby Laraqua » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:35 am

Spoiler:
To Whomsoever Finds This, I'm placing this note in the piano because notes from previous occupants seem only to be found when they were well-hidden so I fear that this place is cleaned between each iteration. I'm uncertain as to the purpose of this location beyond our fright and, indeed, our death. Those few that can be found ambulant in the location who did not arrive at the same unfortunate time to the train station appear to be rather eager to harm us. Be mindful of them. There is the possibility of survival between iterations, but I'm uncertain whether too much survival will incur deterioration? Oh, one other thing, the warm rooms naturally lit by flame when you chance upon them seem to be rather safe. The enemy seems far less prone to entering them and they seem to keep one's mind refreshed.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
 
Posts: 12544
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:04 am
Location: Australia, Adelaide

Re: Restaurant

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:46 am

Image

Jonathan tries to make sense of the letters: "So... every time a new train arrives... is an iteration, perhaps? What do you think? Is this some kind of distorted game, or what?"
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: Restaurant

Postby Ritterton » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:19 am

"Not sure what they mean, not sure at all," Artemis said as he looked about the room again. [color=#8000BF]"Miss Kate,
should we try to get back into the main part of the station?"
[/color]
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula

Re: Restaurant

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:57 am

Image

"That would be my guess," Kate says to Jonathan. "I think the restaurant just puts flowers out on all the tables to please their customers. I don't know why the one in the middle is different." She turns to Artemis. "I already called for the Home Guard earlier from the ticket office, but who knows how long it will take them to get here? Let's check the kitchen first."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31063
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Restaurant

Postby Ritterton » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:48 pm

"Kitchen it is then," Artemis agreed and with walking stick in hand, he headed to what appeared to be the door into the kitchen area. He looked back over his shoulder. When the others were nearby and appeared ready, he tried the door's handle.
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula

Re: Restaurant

Postby Overlord87 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:22 pm

Image

Jonathan unhappily takes position next to Artemis. "Let's go, then".
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: Restaurant

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:39 am

Image

Kate follows, scalpel in hand. "At least this time there won't be anyone in there who wants to eat us," she says. "Probably."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31063
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Restaurant

Postby Ritterton » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:41 pm

"That can be our hope," Artemis chuckled and tried the door handle to open the door.
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula

Re: Restaurant

Postby Ritterton » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:59 pm

He held his breath as he shook the handle slightly to see if it was locked, or if it gave.

[Spoiler-Button]Adding to bump this up![/Spoiler-Button]
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula

Re: Restaurant

Postby Laraqua » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:54 am

The door is locked.

Spoiler:
sorry I had to look for the USB that contained the document with all of the rooms because I'd had to save all the files across from a different computer. After all that ... it turns out the door is locked. I have the file now so we can proceed at a decent clip.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
 
Posts: 12544
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:04 am
Location: Australia, Adelaide

Re: Restaurant

Postby Ritterton » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:30 am

"Bloody hell, it's locked, of course it's locked," Artemis said as he shook his head. "No one by any chance happened to see a key anywhere in this place?"
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula

Re: Restaurant

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:56 am

Image

Kate shakes her head. "It's a shame Mr. Hagan isn't here," she says. "He can pick locks. I don't suppose either of you can? I could probably break it open, but that would make noise and could draw unwanted attention."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31063
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Restaurant

Postby Laraqua » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:32 am

The hinges are, unfortunately, on the other side. Breaking the door would be an option. There's also a good chance there'd be a back door to allow people to make deliveries or quietly slip outside after hours without disturbing the customers. While that door may well be locked, too, where there are doors, there may also be windows.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
 
Posts: 12544
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:04 am
Location: Australia, Adelaide

Re: Restaurant

Postby Ritterton » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:08 pm

"Sadly, if it was a lorrey I could fix that, but pick a lock, didn't learn that at the front," Artemis said with a touch of frustration. He looked about the room. "Do we try to find some other way to get in there?"
User avatar
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am
Location: Olympic Peninsula

Re: Restaurant

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:43 am

Image

"Yes, let's check round the back," says Kate. "They must have a rear entrance for taking deliveries. Even if that door's locked too, there's bound to be a window."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31063
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Next

Return to The Railway Station

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron