[IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mephistophilis » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:19 pm

Cam steps to the edge of the pit. In a low voice pitched so that only Konovalov can hear he whispers: "this is not over" and jumps in, trying to land as best he can without injuring himself or hitting the others. He then sets about trying to find something to block his ears, tearing strips of cloth from his clothes and wetting them with saliva if necessary.

"Based on our previous experiences I suggest the ladies keep their distance from Mr Liu. Gentlemen, let us agree to help preserve the modesty of those of us who might get a little...carried away."
Mephistophilis
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby leonardolad » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:43 pm



Ian's body is aching everywhere. And the sounds! "Elena?? P-Please, can you low your voice? Can everybody low their voices? So-Sorry... Are you OK?" His attention drifts away for a second, focusing on a thousand sounds, before continue. "I... I'm not so good. This nectar... It's different. It's not like Trammel's. I can control myself, but the sounds... Jesus. I can hear everything. Your breathing, you heartbeats, flies... everything! I can't concentrate...."
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Image


Elena seems confused at first, but lowers her voice as she adds: "What... what music are you talking about? I don't know about that... but there are other... things down here. In the walls, somehow... and Huang Yan Liu...", she gestures towards the Chinese, then you see her shaking for the first time. You realize now that he hasn't moved since you descended, and he is not even looking towards you. He is just staring into the void, and drooling. At that moment, Jonathan lands on the bottom of the pit, near Huang Yan Liu. He takes an involuntary step back before saying: "Jesus... what happened to him?".

"They took him, as soon as we got here, and carried him away. He didn't stay away for long, but when he came back... he was like that... and I don't know what to- WATCH OUT!", she suddenly screams at Cam, who reacts just in time as something bites where his right ear was just a moment earlier. It's a mouth, more or less the size of a human mouth, coming out of the wall. No... the mouth is the wall, it's the same material, it's a mouth of stone and moss, it has teeth and lips and a tongue and everything, and it was trying to bit Cam.

OOC:   Everyone except Ian roll Stability.  


Spoiler:
OOC:   You get 2 damage from the fall.  


Spoiler:
OOC:   In the current situation you can't help Ian recover any Stability, but you heal him of 2 Health in the little time you had available.  


Spoiler:
You start hearing a new sound. It's very subtle, even for your now enhanced hearing. It's like the sound of fallen leaves moving slightly in the ground, just... eerie somehow. Unsettling. You try to understand what's going on. There are no leaves here. You scratch your skin, thinking, and the sound gets suddenly stronger. Then it hits you: you are hearing the sound of your cells die. The death of the smallest components of your human body, and a glimpse of your eventual end.

OOC:   You lose 3 Stability. I have had you recover 2 from your Drive since you asked Brooks questions even at the cost of taking the Nectar. So, you are still only at -4. Plus, your attention is focused on what's happening to your body and you miss the mouth, so you don't have to roll Stability for that.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Image

Holly tries not to scream, knowing how much it would hurt Ian. In a panic, she retreats to the center of the pit, away from the walls.

Spoiler:
Stability roll:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d6:
2
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35393
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mephistophilis » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:52 pm

Cam whips his head back as the mouth snaps at the air. "What the hell is that?" he shouts: "shit, shit, shit...

Spoiler:
Mephistophilis rolled 1d6:
4


"Elena, talk quickly, what's been going on here, what's happened since we last saw you?"

Cam scans the top of the pit to see if Konovalov and the other guards have left them alone. He presses his saliva soaked strips of cloth further into his ears.

"This is not good...this is not good...this is not good. We need to get out of here now."

Spoiler:
If the guards are out of sight Cam wants to try and climb back out. Also, the next mouth he sees he is going to try and punch it in the lips as hard as he can and say "why couldn't it have been the sexy ones?"
Mephistophilis
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby ShyberKryst » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:10 pm

Professor Jonathan Cornwall
"Jesus, what the hell was that?!?" the Professor yells hoarsely as he backs away from the walls.
He then quickly takes a pair of pistol bullets out of his coat pocket and shoves one in each ear.
"Damn, I wish I had my gun"
Stability roll
ShyberKryst rolled 1d6:
5
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:56 am

Image


"I... I don't know much. These things... whatever they are... they already were inside the walls when they put us in here. They took me by surprise and bit me once...", she moves her dress to show a bleeding wound on her right leg. "Then I stayed on the moss and they didn't get close anymore. I think .. climbing the pit would be difficult. I have no idea if they can be hurt at all..."

Meanwhile, you hear a metallic sound from above. Some of the thugs must be moving something... and you can't think of anything good. After less than a minute, you see a metal grill pushed over the pit, an old thing reddish with rust. It looks heavy, and definitely doesn't make exiting the pit any easier. Then, you hear footsteps leaving. Some of the thugs, or possibly all of them, have left the room.

Spoiler:
OOC:   You lose 5 Stability and are now Shaken. Plus, since you were Shaken by a Mythos shock, your Sanity rating is permanently reduced by 1. You can try to climb out if you want by making an Athletics roll.  


Spoiler:
OOC:   You lose 4 Stability.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby leonardolad » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Ian Morin

Ian covers his ears in desperation. "Oh God, oh God, oh God... I'm dying! I am! I can hear it. I can't stop it! What have they done to me?!?!" After realizing the uselessness of covering his ears, he tries to put himself together. "Cam's right. We have to get out of here right now. Why are you hurt? Is this a bite?"

OOC:   Ian takes a look around, looking for possibilities. Passages, holes, sticks, stones, etc.  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:34 pm

Spoiler:
There is nothing useful you can see on the bottom of the pit. Perhaps if you search under the moss, but who knows what might be there? You can hear things moving...

The walls of the pit are old and uneven. It should be possible to climb them relatively easily, and then you could try to lift the grill...

OOC:   Climbing the pit requires an Athletics roll. You can spend points to increase the roll.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mephistophilis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Cam starts panting - "Oh no, oh no, we're gonna die here...no, I'm getting out, I'm getting out now".
Mephistophilis
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mephistophilis » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:51 pm

Frantically Cam starts jumping up at the wall grabbing at any handhold he can see: "gotta get out, gotta get out, gotta get out".

Spoiler:
Cam will spend 3 athletics to climb out of the pit up to the grille:
Mephistophilis rolled 1d6+3 and got a total of 6:
3
Mephistophilis
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:51 am

Image

Holly quietly treats Elena's leg wound, and she makes any surplus cotton balls available to anyone who needs something to put in their ears. Truthfully, she is shaken to the core, but at least falling back on her medical skills gives her something to do so that she can take her mind off of their plight.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35393
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Cam starts climbing. It's not exactly an easy task, but it's definitely not impossible. The wall is not regular, and there are footholds to be found between one stone and another. The only problem is... the mouths. One opens up near Cam's leg and bites off some flesh. The pain is terrible, but the ex-con clenches his teeth and stays on the wall.

Spoiler:
OOC:   You lose 3 Health. You can try to kick the mouth (roll Scuffling) or you can keep climbing (no other roll needed in this case).  


Elena screams at Cam: "Wait... oh God, they'll eat you... oh God...", as she seems to be losing her composure under the stress of the situation.

Spoiler:
OOC:   You are still too focused on your situation to worry about what's happening around, so no need to roll Stability for the mouth. But all this screaming it's really starting to hurt your ears. You lose 1 Health.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mephistophilis » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:13 pm

"Jesus Christ, that hurts!" gasps Cam as he aims a kick at the bloody maw.

Spoiler:
Spend 2 Scuffling,
Mephistophilis rolled 1d6+2 and got a total of 6:
4
Mephistophilis
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:35 pm

Image

Holly winces and hugs Elena, as much to comfort herself as to comfort her. She can only hope Cam makes it out of the pit and can find a way to help the rest of them escape.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35393
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:45 pm

Cam kicks the mouth, that lets out a shrieking scream of rage before closing and disappearing - possibly dead, but who could tell with such a monstrosity. But at least for now it's gone. You don't have time to celebrate, though, since just that moment, the singing starts. You can hear Huang Yan screaming, and convulsing as he loses control of his body. He starts scratching his skin in a mad frenzy, and he starts to bleed. Elena covers her ears with her hands, bending over as she moans in pain. "This song... it's like at the club... she sang... but worse...", she says, then collapses on her knees and throws up on the floor.

Spoiler:
Your improvised earplugs seem to work well enough. You hear the singing more as a vibration than an actual sequence of words. Whatever little reaches you makes you deeply uncomfortable, but not enough to cause you any harm.


Spoiler:
The bullets don't seem to block the noise - or at least not enough. You can hear a woman's voice singing - but not just that. It's like there's someone else singing along with the woman, producing sounds at a frequency no human could produce. You can sense these vibrations reverberating through your body, entering in resonance with the woman's voice, and threatening to overwhelm you.

OOC:   Roll Stability.  


Spoiler:
The singing hits you like a truck. Every sound is amplified, and it melts your brain. While any other sound of this intensity would probably kill you, this song doesn't. It just feels... right, in the most terrifying way. It flows through your veins just as you breathe it in through your lungs. The song is everywhere and you are the song. In a moment, you are gone. The pit disappears and there is only sky around you. Flying is exhilarating, especially as you feel yourself moving at an impossible speed. For a time that could stretch to eternity, there is only you, flying in the blue. Then a mountain appears. It's huge, more so than any other mountain you have seen in your life. The peak is covered in snow and ice, but it's not that whiteness that captures your attention. It's a huge hole on one side of the mountain. No, it's not an hole, you realize with horror. It's a mouth. A gigantic mouth, surely larger than a baseball stadium, much larger. And it has teeth, and a tongue, and it's spouting out a white liquid that you immediately recognize as Nectar. You feel a tide of excitement surging inside you as you imagine how good it would feel bathing in that quantity of Nectar. You would surely lose your mind, never to recover it again. And the mountain is getting closer. You realize you cannot steer your flight - you're heading straight for the mouth. Horror grows inside you as you stare into the mouth. There is darkness there, an infinite void and the promise of annihilation.

OOC:   Roll Stability.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:22 am

Image

Seeing that the cotton balls work well enough, Holly sticks a pair in Huang Yan's ears and then Elena's, and then the ears of anyone else who remains in the pit who doesn't already have them.

Spoiler:
If everyone else already has cotton balls, or if I'm out of them, I'll try to help the others, then climb out of the pit carrying one of them if possible.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35393
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby ShyberKryst » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:24 pm

Professor Jonathan Cornwall
Spoiler:
Stability Roll with 2-pt spend
ShyberKryst rolled 1d6+2 and got a total of 4:
2
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mephistophilis » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:23 am

Smiling grimly at the effect of his kick Cam looks behind him at the chaos unfolding in the pit. "I'm not going to be able to help the others until I can get out of this hole and silence De La Luz or whatever is playing her song" he thinks. Through the muffling of his improvised ear plugs the dull hum pulls at the edges of his sanity. Turning from his comrades he resumes climbing, repeating out loud to himself "gotta get out, gotta get out, gotta get out" like some kind of mantra, trying to focus his mind on the task at hand and suppress the bubbling fears beneath the surface.
Mephistophilis
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby leonardolad » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Ian Morin

"..."

leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

PreviousNext

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest