[IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:42 pm

Image

Holly checks Jonathan for injuries, ready to provide medical care if needed.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38122
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby leonardolad » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:12 pm

Ian Morin

The moment the mouth explodes Ian's legs falter and he falls to the ground, covering his ears in a useless attempt to block the horrors that do not come from outside, but resonates inside his head. "AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH... Oh God... It sees us... no no no... It sees me. It sees me. What... no... We're doomed..." His face is pure terror.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby ShyberKryst » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:03 am

Professor Jonathan Cornwall
Jonathan slumps to the ground, injured, wide-eyed and stunned. The Professor's blasted mind cannot parse the images in his head; his sanity is more broken than his body.
Spoiler:
Stability of -3. Can Holly repair Stability?
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:22 am

Spoiler:
Yes, I can. I have 2 points of Psychoanalysis left, which will be good for you to recover 4 and get you back up into positive territory. Is there anyone who needs it more? I sure do, but I can't use it on myself.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38122
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mephistophilis » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Cam stumbles back into the wall. His eyes wide and his breath coming in shallow pants. He stares at his hands dripping in ichor, rubbing them together over and over trying to remove the foul smelling liquid.

Spoiler:
Cam is on -5 stability, he does have some first aid if anyone needs it
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:56 am

Image


Elena tries to cheer up Ian, despite looking shocked and utterly exhausted herself: "Don't worry, Ian, it's over... the thing is dead... we blew it up, all right?", while Holly tries to help the others as well as she can.

"Come on, time to leave... there's still a bunch of crazy cultists just a couple dozen meters above our heads... and I'm not sure about you at this point, but I want to live to see my money", says Konovalov, urging you to leave.

Spoiler:
You can heal the little damage taken by Jonathan and restore some Stability. I'll use tour points.


Spoiler:
OOC:   Jonathan recovers 3 Health and 2 Stability. Cam recovers 2 Stability.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mephistophilis » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:18 am

Cam straightens up and grits his teeth. 'You're right Elena, it's time to go. We need to find out what's happened to Christopher all this time. I think we should drop Brooks at the police station then get in contact with our employer to pay off Mr Konovalov. Can anyone think of a good cover story for what's just happened here? I'm thinking drug lab explosion'.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:46 pm

Image

"Sounds good to me," says Holly. "Let's just get out of here. Our expense account will cover your payment once we get back to town, Mr. Konovalov."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38122
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby ShyberKryst » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:02 pm

Jonathan Cornwall
"Agreed, let's get out of here. Anyone see any signs of Huang?"
Spoiler:
I have a bunch of first aid points to use on anyone as well. If not,I'll use them on myself.
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 am

Spoiler:
I could use some, as I'm down 2 Health. I can use mine on you if I have any left. It's more efficient to use First Aid on each other than on ourselves.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38122
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:36 am

As you check Brooks' conditions, you realize that he died during your fight with the huge mouth. The blood loss was probably too much for him to survive. Realizing there's nothing left to do here, you walk back to the surface, keeping your weapons ready. You emerge from the dungeon among the ruins of the old villa. It's still dark outside, and it's hard to believe that less than a couple of hours you walked in there, thinking you were dealing only with a crazy bunch of cultists.

Then there are suddenly lights flashing. You see men in uniform, apparently the local police, surrounding you, aiming their weapons at you and screaming in spanish. Konovalov drops his gun and raises his hands. Then you see Christopher among the agents.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mephistophilis » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:27 pm

Cam drops his gun and holds his hands up in the air. He glances over to Konovalov, 'We owe you Konovalov but Christopher might not see it that way so let us do the talking. Everyone stick to the same story, Brooks kidnapped our friends and we were looking for them when he captured us, we managed to escape and in the commotion Brooks got shot and the lab exploded'. He shakes his head, 'I'm not sure I buy it either'.
Mephistophilis
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:55 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:56 am

Image

Holly also raises her hands, though she no longer has a gun to drop. "I can't think of anything better," she says.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38122
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:43 pm

The police surrounds you, pointing their guns. Christopher says, with urgency: "Stop, stop! They're my friends! Can't you see they're wounded? Detective Cortez, please!" , he seems to now be talking to a man next to him, dressed in a long coat and wearing a brown hat. The man nods and speaks for a few seconds with one of the policemen, then heads for the entrance to the dungeon, followed by a dozen agents. Another agent walks towards Holly and the others and says, in an uncertain english: "Please, follow me. Hospital.". Meanwhile, Christopher joins you, looking at Konovalov with a mix of surprise and distrust: "You have a long story to share, I guess".
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:21 am

Image

"He's on our payroll now," explains Holly to Christopher, following along to the hospital. "He realized just how far gone Brooks was."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38122
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Previous

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests