[IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

[IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:07 pm

You reach the ruins of the old villa about half an hour later. Gonchi parks about two hundred meters away and points to another building, blue and yellow, about fifty meters away from the the ruins. There is light coming out of the windows. "That's where most of Brooks's people live. The Nectar sellers at street level come here every morning to collect the stuff. Instead, we'll head for the ruins. We should dispose of any guard quietly", he says, showing you three long blades, more a machete than a simple knife. "Who is coming with me?"
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon May 13, 2019 1:13 am

Image

"I'm not all that sneaky, or good with a blade," says Holly, "but I'm pretty good with a syringe." She takes one out and prepares a sedative. "It's not strong enough to knock out an elephant, but we're not dealing with elephants."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35365
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby leonardolad » Sun May 19, 2019 3:12 am

Ian Morin

"I can move quietly and fight a few guards if needed, but wait... how many guards are we expecting?"
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:03 am

Cam growls as he picks up one of the long knives: "We'll know once we get there. Come on... and Ian, don't mess this up", he adds before exiting the car. Gonchi shrugs as he follows the ex-con outside.

Spoiler:
NPCing Cam for this sequence, as he would surely decide to join the search party.

Everyone who decides to follow Gonchi and Cam should roll Sense Trouble.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun May 19, 2019 8:12 pm

Image

Holly is aware of her surroundings.

Spoiler:
Sense Trouble roll:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d6:
4
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35365
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby ShyberKryst » Wed May 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Professor Jonathan Cornwall
"I've used a machete many times in the jungles of central Africa..." says the Professor as he grabs a large blade, "but only to fight the vegetation..."
Sense Trouble
Spoiler:
ShyberKryst rolled 1d6:
6
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:49 am

You slide from shadow to shadow until you're close to the ruins. Everything's still and dark. You can feel a weird eeriness in the atmosphere, and the echoes of forgotten songs just beyond your conscious understanding, like a fluttering of insect wings too small and fragile to actually produce sound. You shake your heads, trying to clear your thoughts. Your imagination is clearly playing tricks on you.

In fact, there is no trace of threat or danger in the ruins. Just piles of old stones and wood. You think the structure was already a century old when it collapsed. After a few minutes of surveillance, you finally feel confident enough to walk in. As you suspected, there are no guards patrolling the area, no watchman, no trap of any kind. Finally, in the middle of the ruins, you discover a large wooden trapdoor, closed by an heavy iron lock. It doesn't look like it will be an easy task to open it, but it appears to be the only obstacle between you and the underground tunnel network.

Spoiler:
You can break the lock with your firearms, but obviously this might attract unwanted attention. Otherwise, it's a 1-point Locksmith spend and some minutes of work spend to open it.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun May 26, 2019 11:18 pm

Image

"Can anyone pick a lock?" asks Holly. "Or failing that, does anyone have a crowbar?"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35365
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby carnage_lee » Mon May 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Christopher Fontana

"Let me have a look, I might be able to get it open..." Christopher crouches near the trapdoor and inspects the lock. "Hmm, it doesn't look too complicated, I ought to be able to get this open ... some more light would help, unless that would attract attention?" he asks.

OOC:   Christopher has Locksmith - have we had a refresh since visiting the old offices?  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby leonardolad » Wed May 29, 2019 2:55 pm

Ian Morin

Ian approaches Christopher and the door, talking in a low voice. "Can you open it? If not, I can give it a try."

OOC:   If Christopher have no points left to spend, I have 1 point.  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Ian starts to work on the lock, while the others take watch around. It takes a few minutes to open it, during which you expect armed thugs to jump on you at any moment. But everything is calm, and you feel half surprised and half relieved. Finally, the lock clicks and you can open the trapdoor. Below it, a ladder, with metallic rungs fixed on the wall. Your torchlights reveal that it goes down for about five meters before reaching what appears to be a corridor of some sort.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Image

"We're going to need a marching order," says Holly. "That corridor is probably too narrow for us to go side by side. Whoever's in front will need to be able to handle trouble."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35365
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Christopher Fontana

Christopher]/b] looks at the ladder and the shaft, it does indeed look rather cramped. "Are you sure where this leads? Have you been down there?" he asks [b]Gonchi.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:30 am

Image


Gonchi shrugs: "I told you, they don't let anyone in. This is where they prepare their Nectar. It's their most precious place. That's why we've got to strike here", he says, but he doesn't look particularly eager of entering the trapdoor first.

Cam growls and starts climbing down. After a few seconds, you can hear him from below: "Come on, what are you waiting for?"
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:12 pm

Image

Holly follows Cam down the hole.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35365
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby ShyberKryst » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:29 am

Professor Jonathan Cornwall
The Professor climbs down quietly behind Holly, eager to get to the bottom and pull his handgun out of his coat pocket.
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:46 pm

The corridor goes on for at least twenty meters, proceeding slightly downhill. The walls are dark, heavy and gray. Finally, you enter a larger area, some sort of foyer, again made entirely in stone. You estimate that this area is located about six or seven meters below surface level. On your right, you can see an open door, and a room containing electrical equipment and lots of cables. It also appears that this other room has been soundproofed. Right in front of you, another corridor leads out from the foyer in the opposite direction, probably leading back to the surface, inside the house you saw outside.

Spoiler:
The structure down here is a mix of old colonial stonework - probably a wine cellar or even a dungeon - with modern concrete, recently installed. You estimate that this place has been a work in progress up to about a month ago.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:19 am

Image

Holly draws her pistol now that they're entering dangerous territory and keeps an eye on the open door to the right.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35365
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby leonardolad » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:18 pm

Ian Morin

Ian grabs the shotgun tighter than ever and follow the group into the large area. He hopes that their visit is really as unexpected as they imagine.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Entering the area, you can now see inside the room with electrical equipment. It appears like some sort of registration studio. There are two other doors inside the studio, closed, leading to two adjacent rooms, one on the left and one on the right. There is no sound coming from inside, but then again, you would not hear anything anyway, with all the soundproofing.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Next

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest