[IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

[IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby Overlord87 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:17 pm

The Estudio del Mañana is located in a single-storey old building in 1220 Morelos Avenue, Coyoacàn, no more than a few minutes away from Luz Records. The old, traditional building is one of the few last remaining, as the rest of the area is slowly transitioning towards a more modern architectural style. The area is relatively busy with people walking around, but the office itself looks closed, or at least there's no sound coming from inside, or anyone coming or going.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HoneyDog » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Cameron feels tense as he scans the building.

"It looks empty, but let me go and have a look to confirm. Please wait, everyone"

He exits the car and heads toward the building, trying to act nonchalant. But he doesn't really feel it. Nevertheless, he looks inside through the class, hoping to catch sight of any occupants.

Spoiler:
Cameron will spend a point on this.
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HelplessBystander » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:08 am

Huang Yan waited in the car, acting bored.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:11 pm

Spoiler:
The building looks empty, door closed, shutters down. But there's something off. You think someone is inside, someone who doesn't want to attract attention.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HoneyDog » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:58 pm

Cameron returns to the car.

“The place has the appearance of being empty” he tells the others. “But I think there’s someone hiding in there. I can break in, but they might be armed, so I want everyone to hang back”.
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HelplessBystander » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 pm

"Of course, Mister Cameron. Do what you think is best." Huang Yan said.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby leonardolad » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:16 am

Ian Morin

Ian shakes his head in disapproval. "I don't like it. Not if you wanna get in there. What if there are more than one person in there? If we're getting in, I would go with the "Holly, the singer" approach."
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:20 am

Cameron

"It's not a question of talking our way in, Ian" says Cameron. "The place is shuttered, whoever is in there doesn't want to show themselves. Now, we can hang around until it opens, but who knows when that will be?"
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:56 am

Image

"Okay," says Holly. "Be careful."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:11 am

Cameron

"I could use you to back me up, Clarence" Cameron says to the private detective.

Spoiler:
Cameron will attempt to pick the lock, and spend a point on Locksmith.
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Christopher Fontana

"If there's someone hiding in there, they might try and 'make a break for it' if anyone goes charging in... why don't two of us go and cover the back, in case they try and exit that way?"

Spoiler:
Is more than happy to cover an rear exit, just in case - he is armed too.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:30 pm

Cameron

"Okay Christopher, but be careful."
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HelplessBystander » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:24 am

"I volunteer to cover the back. I'm gettin' bored sitting in tha car anyways." Huang Yan said.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby Overlord87 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Huang Yan and Christopher get in position to cover the back, while Clarence covers Cam as he silently works on the lock. After a few second, it opens with a click. There's no sound coming from inside.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HoneyDog » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:48 pm

Cameron draws his Astra, and holding it at the ready, moves into the room, listening intently for any noise.
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HelplessBystander » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:00 am

Huang Yan was smoking a cigarette while he looked at the door. "So, Christopher, was it? What do you think will happen next? Any chances of these guys rushin' back out here?"
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:08 am

Image

Holly remains behind the wheel of the car with the engine running, in case they have to leave quickly.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby Overlord87 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:55 pm

Inside there's a large open space with several desks, apparently some kind of office. Or at least, it was an office once... now, someone has clearly been living here for days, if not weeks. There are dirty dishes left on a table, with rests of at least two or three different meals. A couch has been turned into a bed, and there are clothes laying around, scattered. The air is stale and the smell is unpleasant. Cam can hear someone moving in a nearby room. Whoever he is, he doesn't appear to have noticed that someone else has entered the building.

Spoiler:
You can try to surprise the man with a Stealth roll.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby HoneyDog » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 am

Cameron motions Clarence to stay behind him as he moves towards the room and the occupant within.

Spoiler:
Stealth: 1d6 5
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2795
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Estudio del Mañana

Postby Overlord87 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:23 am

The first door on the left leads to a small room, probably a registration studio. A man is busily leaned over a table, apparently preparing himself a sandwich. He's a middle-aged mexican man, slightly overweight, wearing only a dirty shirt and his underwear pants. There's a gun placed on the table, within his reach.
Cam silently sneaks up to the man, then grabs the gun just as he takes hold of his target. The man freezes and lets out a choked scream. "Who-who are you? Please don't kill me?", he asks with a terrified voice.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Next

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron