[IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby carnage_lee » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Christopher Fontana

Hearing Dr Chastain's plea for help, Christopher turns and heads back to help... the weird undulating sounds coming from one of their attackers makes him hesitate. Shaking his head.. trying to ignore the assault on his ear-drums he launches himself at one Dr Chastain's attackers .. fists flailing...

Spoiler:
carnage_lee rolled 1d6:
2
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:34 pm

Image

In spite of the terrifying situation, Holly manages to remain in control of her faculties. She just isn't strong enough to overcome her attacker.

Spoiler:
Forgot my Stability roll!
Stability roll from the chanting:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d6:
6
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby laitang » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:55 pm

Clarence squeezes a shoot from the gun, confident that the bullet will find its mark.

Spoiler:
Clarence used 2 points roll roll a 5
http://orokos.com/roll/407960
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby leonardolad » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:16 pm

As Ian tries to warn his friends, all hell breaks loose. Suddenly, the disturbing discourse of the thug assaults his ears as he sees Holly getting punched.

Spoiler:
Here's my Stability roll: 2
http://orokos.com/roll/408457
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:09 pm

The thug standing above Holly starts screaming in that strange language: "Igatahrhaaaa kaallaiusala huuuutrymysa". There's something... alien about their voices and those strange words they're using, but more than that, it's the modulation of sound that's absurd... you are sure that humans shouldn't be able to produce sounds like those, and yet... they are.

Spoiler:
Ian, Clarence and Christopher lose 3 points of Stability.



After screaming, he takes out a note from a pocket and waves it in front of Holly's face.

Image

Then, he punches her again, on her right side. Another flash of pain rushes through Holly's body, but at least it seems the brute is now satisfied, as he lets her go on the ground and takes a step back.



Meanwhile, Clarence has shot at the thug armed with a gun. His aim is good, and the bullet hits the thug right in the chest, slightly below his heart. He falls to the ground, spouting blood. The man next to him, the big, scarred one, grabs the gun from the ground and shoots back at Clarence. The bullet hits the private investigator on his left shoulder, pushing him backwards against the car.

Christopher is running towards the thug holding Holly, but is blocked by the second thug, that moves to cover his comrade's back.


Spoiler:
OOC:   Holly takes 3 damage, Clarence 4 damage. Christopher can roll an attack towards the thug if he wants.  



There are people screaming in the streets now, scared from the brawl and the shots fired. Father Flanagan is screaming, too: "Stop! Stop this madness! Somebdoy call the police! Help!"
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Spoiler:
Can I act now?
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:48 am

Spoiler:
OOC:   Consider that every time I post with the outcome of your actions, it's the end of a turn. You all can now describe your actions in the next turn.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:07 am

Image

Holly goes limp and feigns unconsciousness, hoping that her assailant will then stop hitting her - and stop paying attention to her entirely, with her friends still out there as potential threats. It doesn't take much acting, as she's taken a severe beating already, and someone weaker probably would have been knocked out by now. She remains alert, ready to act if he does turn away.

Spoiler:
If the thug does ignore me, can I still take an action later this round?
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby carnage_lee » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Christopher Fontana

Weird chanting, guns going off, blood, screaming make Christopher's head spin, heart pound... time seems to slow, he swings wildly at the thug.

carnage_lee rolled 1d6:
6
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby laitang » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:43 pm

Clarence staggers back from the pain. He squeezes off one more shot, before the pain and shock takes hold, this time at the scarred villain.

Spoiler:
Clarence spends 2 more points and rolled a 6.

http://orokos.com/roll/409472
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby leonardolad » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:01 pm

Recovering from the bizarre chanting, Ian runs towards the same thug Fontana is fighting and tries to punch him.

Spoiler:
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Christopher's punch hits the thug right in his belly, but the man seems used to violence, as he doesn't even flinch. Instead, the man licks his lips and stares at Christopher, as if considering him. The weird moment is broken as Ian rushes in and hits the thug on his face, moving him sideways. The man's answer is immediate and violent, a direct kick to Ian's leg, right above the knee. The second thug, the one that was previously busy punching Holly, charges at Christopher, trying to hit him in the face. Christopher sees the sunlight shining on the metal knuckles on the thug's fist, and moves his head aside by pure instinct, receiving only a grazing hit. The thug also spits, and this time his aim is better, hitting Christopher straight on one eye. He then says threateningly: "Taayauurraaaa kaallaiusala laaaeerruttaaa".

Spoiler:
OOC:   Cristopher takes 2 damage. Ian takes 4 from the kick.
Holly can take action again any time she wants.  


Clarence's bullet hits the scarred thug on his left arm. The man rushes back to cover, behind a car, then shoots at Clarence, but the bullet is lost way above Clarence's head. The fifth thug, the one that was coming from the side road, and went to hide behind a car at the beginning of the fight, shows his face again and throws a knife at Calrence. The blade flies through the air and finds its way to Clrence's right thigh.

Spoiler:
OOC:   Clarence has finished his points in Firearms. He takes 3 damage from the kinife.  


The scarred man then screams: "Raaatyyullaa skreetauyuaaaa", and the thugs start falling back, as if retreating. Only the one previously hit by Clarence in the chest remains still on the ground, in the middle of the square, moaning and bleeding.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:50 pm

Christopher Fontana

Reflexively Christopher wipes his eye, fear of violence and injury replaced by revolution as he wipes the spittle from his face.

As their attackers fall back he moves to aid Dr. Chastain, helping her to her feet.

"Help us.. please." he begs the people looking on.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby laitang » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:14 pm

Clarence keeps the gun trained on the retreating thugs, but his injuries are catching up with him, as the loss of blood and pain takes effect. Clarence manages to sit on the ground, and hopes someone will see him before he loses consciousness.
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:34 am

Image

"Thank you," manages Holly, gingerly regaining her feet with Christopher's help. She staggers over to Clarence, opening up her doctor's bag so she can treat his gunshot and stab wounds.

Spoiler:
I only have 2 points of First Aid left. I'll spend at least one of them treating Clarence, but I'll want to know how badly hurt everyone is before I decide whether or not to spend the other.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Father Flanagan rushes to help Clarence: "Here, let me help. I have seen worse wounds than these during the war. Let me see...", he looks at the wounds, then adds: "The bullet exited, I don't think there are any fragments inside. The knife... didn't touch the femoral artery. You are lucky, Mister Lanalor... if you can call lucky someone that was just shot and stabbed. Dr. Chastain, if you don't mind..." He picks some clean bandages from Holly's bag and applies them over the wound, looking skillful and composed. He then asks Holly: "How are you feeling? I would like to first stabilize him, if possible", he nods towards the shot thug.

Spoiler:
OOC:   While Father Flanagan is now a NPC, he has First Aid, and he would probably use it in a situation like this. Clarence can recover 6 health points, out of the 7 he just lost. Apart from that, Holly has lost 7 health points as well (those punches hurt badly, there's probably a broken or bruised rib, or maybe even more than one), Ian got 4 damage and Cristopher only 2.  


Meanwhile, the thugs had disappeared. The people that had run away after the guns started firing, are now coming back out in the streets. They seem reluctant to get involved, though. You can hear the sound of police sirens getting closer.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:28 am

Image

"My rib hurts," says Holly, sitting down, "a lot. I think it might be broken. Maybe the ones next to it too. Yes, we definitely need to keep that fellow alive first, then you can help Clarence and the rest of us."

Spoiler:
In that case, I'll save my last two points of First Aid. Father Flanagan can also treat my injuries with full effectiveness when he's done with Clarence, while I'd only get half effectiveness if I used it on myself. I'd like to get three points of First Aid from him too to get 6 Health back. There should be enough First Aid points left between the two of us to heal Ian and Christopher.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31066
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby laitang » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:05 pm

Clarence looks on helplessly, as the patches of blood slowly spread from the wounds. "Thank you Father. "
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:36 am

Christopher Fontana

Christopher is more concerned that the others get treated, all he has is a bruised cheek. Hearing the sirens getting nearer he decided to make sure that an ambulance or two are on their way, gunshots and stab-wounds might require more serious medical attention than they can render. The wounded assailant looks in a particularly bad way.

"OK, hold the fort here, I'll make sure that medical attention is on it's way too." with that he runs back to the hotel.

OOC:   Christopher will make the hotel staff telephone for an ambulance, explaining that two people have been shot (plus a stabbing). He will also commandeer any medical or first aid supplies that are readily available from the hotel (if any) taking them back to the scene.

He'll also be anxious to get any 'independent eye-witnesses' to the assault to stay at the scene to give statements.  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2227
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby leonardolad » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:36 pm

After recovering from the poignant pain in his leg, Ian gets in his feet and tries to help Holly to stand up. "Are you OK? What can I do to help?"
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

PreviousNext

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron