[IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

[IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Thu May 26, 2016 5:32 pm

After a good night's sleep, the life seems a little happier, the sun a little brighter. You meet in the hotel's lobby, luggage ready to travel back home. You head outside, breathing the fresh air of the morning. The rain has fallen for most of the night, lowering the temperature, but the sky is clear now, so by midday it will probably be as hot as yesterday - and much more humid. You walk towards the cars, parked on a small street on one side of the hotel.


OOC:   Everybody roll Sense Trouble.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri May 27, 2016 3:52 am

Image

Holly heads for her rental car.

Spoiler:
Was there time for a group therapy session last night? If not, we should have time on the flight to Boston.

Sense Trouble roll (no points spent):
Mr. Handy rolled 1d6:
4
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32116
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby leonardolad » Mon May 30, 2016 8:11 pm

After a good night of sleep Ian feels his leg almost completely healed. He takes two deep puffs in his Lucky before throw it in the curb and get in the car.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby laitang » Tue May 31, 2016 1:12 pm

Clarence stands by the car, takes a long drag on his Rothmans, and waits for the others.

Spoiler:
Clarence rolled a 2 for sense trouble.
http://orokos.com/roll/406249
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby leonardolad » Tue May 31, 2016 4:37 pm

Spoiler:
Sorry, forgot about the sense trouble.
Got a 6.
http://orokos.com/roll/406287
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby carnage_lee » Tue May 31, 2016 7:26 pm

Spoiler:
carnage_lee rolled 1d6:
4
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2274
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Ian is waiting for the others near the parked cars. Waiting doesn't trouble him, the air is cool and the temperature just about perfect, and he lets his mind wanders on their recent discoveries. Clarence is standing near to him, smoking his cigarette. Finally, the other three comes out of the hotel, carrying their luggage. Everything looks tranquil, but there's something... wrong. Something that caught his attention earlier, but he dismissed, maybe too hastily.

There! Two bulky asian men, dressed in ragged clothes. They were standing near the hotel entrance, smoking. They seemed out of place, really, but not Ian's business, at least that's what he tought. Except now, they have thrown their cigarettes on the ground, and are following Holly and the others. And they're not alone. As Ian looks around, he can see three more. Coming from different directions, they're closing in, surrounding the cars, getting closer, their eyes fixed on Ian and the others. All asian, musculars, full of tattoos. One of them is particualrly big, and features a nasty scar on his forehead.


Spoiler:
OOC:   Only Ian notices the thugs. He can take a single action before anything else happens, anything that could be reasonably done in one second or two.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby leonardolad » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:52 pm

OOC:   OK, quick questions:
Does Clarence has a gun that Ian knows about?
Are the thugs right behind Holly and the others? Would it would be possible for them to run back to the hotel or the thugs are between them and the hotel entrance?
Would it be possible for everyone to get in the car before the thugs reach us?  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:45 pm

OOC:   Clarence could reasonably have a gun, considering his profession. I'll leave the choice to him. Ian, though, has no idea whether Clarence has it or not.
The hotel main entrance faces a square with a little park in the middle. There's a small road on the side of the hotel, leading into the square, where your cars are parked. Two of the thugs are behind Holly and the others, exactly between them and the hotel entrance. One of the thugs is walking towards the car in the side street. The other two are moving towards the cars from the park.
Holly and the others might make a rush towards the car, but it's highly unlikely that all of you could enter inside before the thugs reach you. Still, you could try (it would be a Fleeing or Athletics roll against the thugs).  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby leonardolad » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:15 pm

As Ian notices the thugs approaching from every side, he does the only thing he could think of: "EVERYBODY TO THE CARS! NOW!!!"
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:50 pm

OOC:   After Ian screams, each of you can reroll Sense Trouble to a difficulty of 3. Any of you that score a success is now aware of the asian thugs. Otherwise, you still hear him screaming (obviously), but have no idea why he is telling you to rush to the cars. if you decide to run to the cars, give me an Athletics or Fleeing roll (feel free to spend as many points as you wish, obviously). Otherwise, just describe your action.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby carnage_lee » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:06 pm

OOC:   Christopher Fontana
Sense Trouble Roll (1pt spend)
carnage_lee rolled 1d6+1 and got a total of 4:
3
 
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2274
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:37 am

Image

Forewarned, Holly glances around and spots the dangerous-looking men closing in on them. Terrified, she sprints the rest of the way to her car, hoping to get inside and start the engine before they are upon her.

Spoiler:
Sense Trouble roll (2 points spent):
Mr. Handy rolled 1d6+2 and got a total of 8:
6

Athletics roll (3 points spent):
Mr. Handy rolled 1d6+3 and got a total of 4:
1
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32116
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby carnage_lee » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:10 pm

Christopher Fontana

Hearing Christopher's warning an spotting the approaching thugs he starts to sprint to the waiting automobiles.

Spoiler:
carnage_lee rolled 1d6:
3
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2274
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby laitang » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Clarence heard the shout, then realized the situation was deadly serious. He reaches for his pistol, holstered under this jacket, and takes aim at the nearest villain.



Spoiler:
Clarence roll a 3 for sense trouble
http://orokos.com/roll/407324
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Holly, Christopher and Father Flanagan starts to run towards the cars. They can hear the two thugs behind them running, grunting... but the cars are getting closer... perhaps they can make it in time. Then Holly is grabbed from behind and roughly thrown on the ground, and a single punch hits her in the chest. There's metal on the thug's hand, probably brass knuckles, and Holly feels an explosion of pain bursting out from the impact point.

The other three thugs stop as they see the gun. The one in the side street rushes for cover towards a parked car, still around 7-8 meters away from Ian and Clarence. The other two are in the middle of the road, and stands still. Then one of them pulls out a gun and points it at Clarence, without shooting, at least for now. The big one, the scarred one, starts screaming: "Aaaaghena'ttyyyyuaa iiissaagaaa uurrruuaaa".


OOC:   The thug is speaking in a language you absolutely don't understand, that sounds completely different from anything you've ever heard. Also, it is extremely disturbing to hear, and all of you must roll Stability.

Christopher and Father Flanagan reach the car, but Holly doesn't. The thug's punch deals 4 damage to you. You can try to free yourself with a Scuffling roll.

Clarence can shoot any of the thugs, if he so wishes.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:32 am

Image

"Help!" screams Holly, struggling to break loose.

Spoiler:
How does an Athletics roll of 3 succeed and a roll of 4 fail? Did each of the thugs make an opposed roll against us or something?

Scuffling roll trying to break free:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d6:
2
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 32116
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:22 am

Spoiler:
OOC:   Yes, I decided to use an opposed roll. ToC has rules to handle running and chasing, but it's based on multiple rolls and more appropriate for long scenes. Since this was a short dash towards the cars, I decided to resolve the situation with opposed rolls.

Returning to the game, Holly fails to get free.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby laitang » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:04 am

The sound is disturbing to Clarence's hearing. Nevertheless, Clarence will attempt to shot the villain with the gun.

Spoiler:
Rolled a 1d6 and got 4 for stabilty
http://orokos.com/roll/407716
laitang
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Re: [IC - SAVANNAH] Goodbye, Savannah

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Spoiler:
OOC:   If Clarence decides to shoot, give me a roll to hit. Remember that you can use points from your Firearms pool to boost your chances to hit. Since you used 3 points during the previous encounter with the alligators, you now have only 3 points left that you can spend during this fight.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Next

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest