[IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Gonchi looks around desperately, swearing under his breath: "Shit shit shit!", then after seeing you dropping your weapons, seems to lose any will to fight and puts away his gun. He shoots you a disappointed glance, then focuses his attention on a big man that just entered the room. He's big, very big, built like a block. He has short blonde hair, blue eyes and an unkept beard. He could be quite a charmer, you reckon, if he cared to dress properly - and if he hadn't those ugly yellow teeth.
"Konovalov, my friend", to your surprise, is Gonchi speaking. "Told you I would deliver, didn't I?".
You can see Konovalov eyeing him, his expression unreadable. "Gonchi... you little squealing rat... we'll talk later. Take him away", he gestures two of the closest thugs. They grab him and starts dragging him away, towards the exit leading to the house.
Gonchi screams until he disappears: "Please Konovalov, I did what you ask... I brought you Victor, didn't I? And now all of them... Konovalov, please!", and then his voice fades away.
Only then Konovalov turns to you: "Very well, what do we have here? Who do you work for, I wonder". He seems to stop to think, then cracks his neck before saying: "No matter. Brooks will deal with you. Follow me"

Spoiler:
Gonchi was sweating a lot, so you reckon he was trying to bluff his way out of the situation. But there surely was some truth to his story. He certainly seems the kind of man who'd do anything to side with the winners.
Regarding Konovalov, he seems somewhat uninterested, just a man doing his job, you think. A mercenary, not a cultist.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:56 am

Holly follows, not really having any other choice at this point.

Spoiler:
I have the points and wish I could spend them, but I'm out of Stability.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:51 am

Konovalov leads you through a hidden door in one of the registration studios and down some stairs, going deeper and deeper into what appears to be some sort of millennia-old underground dungeon. Finally you reach a large chamber, about twenty per ten meters, with two more corridors leading out to your left and right. In the middle of the room, comfortably seated on what appears to be a terribly out-of-place armchair, you can see an elegantly dressed man. He has black hair and, brown eyes and a charming, but cold, smile. He is smoking a cigarette as you enter the chamber. Konovalov pushes you forward, with half a dozen of his men taking position around the chamber, weapons ready.

After few seconds of silence, Brooks finally speaks: "Welcome to Mexico City! I'm happy to finally being able to greet you in person", he says, with an ironic smirk on his face. "I'm sure your stay will be comfortable. But before that... we know you've been sticking your nose in our business since Savannah. I want to know why."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Previous

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)