[IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:50 am

Image

"Shall we search the studio first?" Holly asks softly. "There may be something important in there, and it would not do to possibly leave an enemy at our backs."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35372
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby carnage_lee » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:40 am

Christopher Fontana

"Yes, that makes sense, we don't want anyone behind us but we also need to make sure that no one will come from there and surprise us..." Christopher indicates the corridor that leads out of this chamber, the one that looks like it leads to the hacienda. "I can keep watch, one more pair of eyes would be handy too." Christopher adds as he moves across the chamber looking for a good vantage point to keep a lookout.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby ShyberKryst » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 am

Professor Cornwall
Gripping his pistol tightly, the professor enters the registration room and looks around. Seeing no immediate threat he motions for the others to join him.
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:53 am

Image

Holly follows, covering the closed doors.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35372
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:39 am

You walk inside the registration studio, while Christopher keeps watch outside. You are starting to look around when the door on your left opens, revealing a big man, mexican, holding a gun. Behind him, you can see at least half a dozen more armed men.

Spoiler:
Christopher, You hear sounds coming from one of the corridors - not the one you came from, the other one. You estimate several men running in your direction.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Image

Holly takes cover, only shooting if someone else shoots first or is about to shoot. "This must be what's known as a Mexican standoff," she says.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35372
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:46 am

OOC:   Is there a door that could be barricaded?
Is there something to hide behind and the possibly make a surprise attack?  
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby leonardolad » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:04 pm

Ian Morin

"Eh... Gonchi?" Ian starts thinking they embraced Gonchi's idea too eagerly.

OOC:   Just to be sure... the big Mexican and his friends are aware of our presence, right? I mean... they opened the door like "hello there".  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Cam curses and jumps to cover, readying his gun. Just as you think that he's about to fire, a voice comes from inside the registration room. A man, speaking in English, with a strong russian accent. "This is Konovalov. Drop your weapons and nobody will die. Brooks wants to talk to you".

Gonchi lowers his voice and hisses: "Don't listen to him. He'll kill us all anyway. We have to fight!".

Spoiler:
There is nothing where you are to create a barricade or anything of the sort. There are some desks in the studio, but considering there are more enemies there, you don't expect they would allow you to take them without shooting.

Spoiler:
Indeed the enemies seemed aware, at least to some extent, of your presence.

Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:59 am

Image

"How about we talk to Brooks but keep our weapons?" says Holly. "We don't want a fight any more than you do, and if you want to kill us, I'm sure you're good enough at it that you can do it even if we still have our weapons."

Spoiler:
I'd like to use Flattery and Reassurance (and also Assess Honesty about his statement), but I see I'm down to 0 Stability. Does that keep me from using investigative skills? If so, can I spend Psychoanalysis on myself to get my Stability back up to 1?
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35372
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby ShyberKryst » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Jonathan Cornwall
The Professor calls out: "Where is Huang? What did you guys do with the Chinaman?"
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby carnage_lee » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Christopher Fontana

Christoper curses, it seems that they were expected and it seems that Gonchi had been too convincing in getting the investigators to Brooks' and presumably the cult's lair. Desperately he looked around for something that could be used to stop or slow down the men that were coming along the other tunnel. Things looked bad he could hear multiple voices from the other room, this place was trap and they'd walked right into it.

Thinking fast Christopher rushed back the way that they had come, if he could get outside then perhaps he could get to the Police, it sounded desperate but he couldn't think of any other action.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:22 pm

You hear Konovalov suppress a laugh, before saying: "You're right, little lady. I'm tough. But Brooks, well, not as tough as me, and he won't like seeing you with weapons. No, no. If you want to stay alive, and see your friend from China, you'll drop your weapons and follow me as little peaceful sheeps, yes?"

Meanwhile, Christopher tries to run away before being noticed, as the thugs approach the hall.

Spoiler:
Roll Athletics or Fleeing against a difficulty of 4.


Spoiler:
You sense that Konovalov is honest: if you drop the weapons, he won't kill you. Not right away, at least. He also doesn't appear to hold Brooks in high regard, but still seems to recognize him as the one in charge.

OOC:   You can normally use investigative abilities even with a Stability of 0 or lower, but you can't make spends. Apart from that, you can't in any case use Psychoanalysis on yourself.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:27 am

Image

"Who says he has to see them?" says Holly. "Mine's easily concealed. We can still keep them on us without alarming him, and if we try to go for them, you can just kill us then."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35372
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby carnage_lee » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:24 am

OOC:   Christopher

Rolling vs Athletics (3pt spend)

carnage_lee rolled 1d6+3 and got a total of 7:
4
 
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2305
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby leonardolad » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:21 pm

Ian Morin

With the shotgun still triggered, Ian tries to reason with the enemy. "C'mon Konovalov. The lady is right. We're completely outnumbered. We're not crazy. Let's all low our weapons and talk like civilized people, alright? "
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Overlord87 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:41 am

Christopher runs as fast as he can, faster than he's run in years, and when all sounds fade behind him, he realizes he's run fast enough. He leaves the underground tunnel behind, taking a deep breath of fresh air. He needs to find help, and fast.

Meanwhile down below, another half a dozen thugs charge in from the corridor, surrounding the group and cutting off any way of retreat. You hear Konovalov again: "Last chance, people. Drop your weapons or die".

Spoiler:
We'll continue later in private message.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Image

Reluctantly, Holly lets the pistol slip from her hand after making sure that the safety is on. She can only hope that Christopher has managed to elude them.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 35372
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby ShyberKryst » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Professor Cornwall
Jonathan looks at Gonchi to see if he's going to shoot or surrender. Taking Holly's lead, he reluctantly drops his pistol.
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - Mexico City] The Ruins of the Villa

Postby leonardolad » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:32 pm

Ian Morin

"Ok, Ok... Let's all calm down. We're dropping it." Ian slowly puts his shotgun on the floor.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

PreviousNext

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest