[IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

A decade ago, a band of occult investigators battled against the summoning of an ancient and monstrous evil. They failed. Now you must piece together the puzzle and finish what they could not. The stakes are high, and so is the price to pay. Can you do it?

Moderator: Overlord87

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby carnage_lee » Mon May 14, 2018 3:40 pm

Christopher Fontana

"Yes, that would probably work" Christopher replied to Holly "I don't think you should put yourself in danger though, if you'll allow, I think we should both go and approach Victor's residence and act as a distraction to allow Cam and Jonathan to sneak up and overpower whoever is watching?" There's a hint of a question in his voice, Christopher knew that Cam was up to the job but was he suggesting to much for Professor Cornwall to take on, or was this just the test the newcomer to their investigation needed in order to fully mesh with the group?

"If we give you five minutes to get into position?" Christopher asks Cam.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby leonardolad » Mon May 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Ian Morin

"I think it can work. I know I failed you once, but I think I can help you reach our watcher without us being noticed, Cam." He says with confidence.

Spoiler:
OOC:   Shadowing would work for this kind of thing, right?  
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue May 15, 2018 3:29 am

Image

"All right, sounds like a good plan," says Holly. "I'll have a sedative ready to use. We'll need to take him somewhere else for when we question him, and at that point I can use the scopolamine I picked up in L.A."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31298
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby ShyberKryst » Wed May 16, 2018 12:21 am

"All right, let's get on with it then" whispers the Professor. "if things go sideways, we can always shoot the bloke."
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby HelplessBystander » Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 am

"I'd highly advise against such an action, very unsubtle and easily traceable. Furthermore, guns are notoriously unreliable and loud. It will cause a commotion." Huang Yan said, looking uncertain.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Overlord87 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:02 am

Cam nods as he says to Holly and the others: "Give us a couple of minute, then start walking towards the house. If things go sideways, just run for cover", then he turns towards Jonathan and Ian: "Let's go". You quickly run past the garden of one of the small houses, then slow down as you reach the back and start walking parallel to the street. You have no idea where the man went, and the last place you saw him is half a dozen bungalows ahead.

Spoiler:
If it were up to you, you'd just climb up to the roof of the bungalow in front of Victor's house. It would give you a good view on the street and the house itself.


Spoiler:
Jonathan and Ian should make a Stealth roll. If at least one of you gets 5 or more, the other one will get a +1 bonus to the roll.


Meanwhile, Victor is clearly uncomfortable: "Can I wait here, please? I don't want to be shot at. Once you're inside...", then he hands you a key, "Here, the key for the front door. Once you're inside, find the kitchen. You'll find the matchbook there, the one from El Cochinillo. The address for Brooks's apartment is written inside".
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu May 17, 2018 3:13 am

Image

Holly prepares a syringe with a dose of sedative while she waits for the others to get into position.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31298
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby HelplessBystander » Thu May 17, 2018 1:36 pm

"Right, keep in mind that it is a priority for the target to be unable to identify any of us, so I would suggest that some disguises would be in order. I know of a few places around that wouldn't ask a lot of questions so long as we deliver them enough money. We question him there, dump him in a back-alley without his wallet, and shove in a calling card for one of the nearby gangs..and I would reckon the worst possible outcome could be deflected elsewhere." Huang Yan said, bringing the rope and gags, showing a disturbing amount of familiarity with how to handle himself in a situation like this.

OOC:   Huang Yan spends a point in Streetwise for being able to 'conveniently' recall an safe location to take a potential hostage to undergo interrogation and an identifying aspect of a local street gang prone to shady tactics. Is this possible?  
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby ShyberKryst » Fri May 18, 2018 6:29 pm

Professor Jonathan's Stealth Roll
Spoiler:
ShyberKryst rolled 1d6:
5
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby leonardolad » Sun May 20, 2018 11:43 pm

Ian Morin

"Well... Looks like our friend doesn't want to talk. Should we follow him?"

leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Location: São José dos Campos, Brasil

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby carnage_lee » Fri May 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Christopher Fontana

Christopher takes he key from Victor "That's fine, we'll be in and out pretty quickly."

Christopher surreptitiously checks that his pistol is to hand in his jacket pocket while waiting for the others to get into position as per the plan.

Christopher looks to Holly "Right... are you ready to go?" he asks, reaching for the door handle.
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat May 26, 2018 3:33 am

Image

Holly nods, patting her own gun which is in a holster strapped to her thigh, under her skirt where she can reach it quickly. "Yes, let's go," she says.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31298
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Overlord87 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:53 pm

Holly, Huang Yan and Christopher start walking along the street towards Victor's bungalow. Meanwhile, Cam and the others scout the backyards, without finding any trace of the man. They reach the point where the man disappeared from sight, and try to track his movement from there, but with little success. At least, they see no trace of other thugs, meaning the man was probably alone after all. A lone watcher.

As Holly and the others reach the entrance to the bungalow, Ian stumbles upon a rake left abandoned on the ground, falling to the ground. Cam immediately draws his gun, looking around for any hostile who might have heard the sound, but the danger comes from above. The mexican you were looking for appears on the roof of the bungalow in front of Victor's, and immediately takes a shot towards Ian. The bullet luckily hits the ground next to the man's foot, as Cam returns fire, only to see his target take cover and disappear from sight.

Spoiler:
Yes, you can make a Streetwise spend that way.


Spoiler:
OOC:   it's funny how Ian always seems to mess things up lately :D (well, sort of, poor Ian). In this case it was the Stealth roll. Still, it might be interesting if he manages to turn things around later on.

Everyone can post their actions for the first round of the fight.  
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun May 27, 2018 2:13 am

Image

Holly takes cover herself, hiking her skirt enough to draw her pistol. She keeps it trained on the roof in case he shows himself again.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31298
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby ShyberKryst » Tue May 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Professor Cornwall says,
"Well, so much for sneaking in quietly"
"Shall we get in Victor's place quickly before more trouble arrives?"
User avatar
ShyberKryst
Layman
Layman
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby carnage_lee » Wed May 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Christopher Fontana

Christoper runs forward, the shot spurring him into action, he fishes around in his pocket for the front-door key intent on getting the door open and taaking refuge inside.

Spoiler:
Would that require a roll?
User avatar
carnage_lee
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2258
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Orpington, Kent, UK

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Overlord87 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:28 pm

Spoiler:
No roll needed. You open the door without trouble.


As Christopher opens the door, the man appears again on the roof, this time on the street's side. He sees Holly holding a gun and quickly aims for her.

Spoiler:
You can immediately roll Firearms to shoot at him before he shoots you.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu May 31, 2018 2:49 am

Image

Holly doesn't even think, she just reacts. Instantly she aims for the center of mass, squeezing the trigger and sending a bullet right into the man's chest!

Spoiler:
Firearms roll (2 points spent) shooting at the goon:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d6+2 and got a total of 7:
5

Damage to goon from pistol:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d6:
5
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 31298
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby HelplessBystander » Thu May 31, 2018 3:25 pm

“Is...the good senõr dead? ¡Ay dios mío!” Huang Yan said, raising an eyebrow.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
User avatar
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: [IC - MEXICO] Victor's House

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:58 pm

The man on the roof falls back as the bullet hits his chest, possibly piercing a lung. He still manages to fire back, but the shock from the wound makes him inaccurate, and he misses the shot. He then falls back and disappears from sight again. It seems like he is gravely wounded, but not lethally so - or at least, he's not kicking the bucket just yet.
User avatar
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Eternal Lies (Trail of Cthulhu)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest