IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:51 am

The doors closed.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39575
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:32 am

Spoiler:
DrPeterson rolled 1d100:
59

Spoiler:
DrPeterson rolled 1d4:
3



Leonek ran in as one of the last people and stopped somewhere halfway between the door and the control panel, looking around with his mouth wide open.

"It's....uhm....it's..."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Thorn » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:17 am

"Bigger on the inside, yes..." Brook finishes for Leonek. "Like a tent." After making sure the doors are locked, she turns to their new visitors. "It's allright. Just breathe."
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Image
Spoiler:
No IC so... 97 and 2


Tobias looks around in total shock. He looks back to the door. "No, that's totally impossible." He thinks back, surely the Tardis was standing with space all around it. "Have we just walked into a room? I'm sure it was just a box." He goes to touch the wall. "Not rock though." He says to himself. He gives the young girl a strange look.
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3296
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby jaysun81 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Story smiles and then says, "Yes, yes...now just do as Brook said and breathe. We're quite safe. Nothing can get to us in here."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Leonek turns around, looking at the interior, then at the others, at the interior again and then at Story.

"Is it bigger or are we smaller? It would explain the capacity of your sonic probe, miniaturisation of this scale would allow you to generate an almost infinite capacity from any size of resonance chamber. But the energy needed to reduce a chamber capable of creating the kind of output you'd need to start the car with as you did would be immense, let alone what you'd need to shrink half a dozen people is so short an amount of time to fit them all into the same small police box, which means that either you have a power source of unheard of capacity or...or...or it IS bigger on the inside."


Leonek blinks, hearing himself say what he just spewed forth.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby jaysun81 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:46 am

Story looks at Leonek and says, "No miniaturization my friend. The interior of the TARDIS merely in a separate dimension..." Makes a sweeping gesture towards the room with his hand "which is why she appears to be bigger on the inside." Smiles and then continues, "I suppose you could say we're in the cave but not in the cave."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby MikeTheMoose » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:58 am

MikeTheMoose rolled 1d100:
86

MikeTheMoose rolled 1d4:
1
User avatar
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 3:57 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby MikeTheMoose » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:01 am

Spoiler:
oops that was for sanity and subsequent loss


Chad makes a sweeping gesture with his hand...."Which is why she looks bigger on the inside"
User avatar
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 3:57 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby yockenthwaite » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:08 am

"The TARDIS's space takes some getting used to," says Elizabeth to the newcomers, "but just try to relax, and don't worry about the science too much. Well that's how I cope anyway!" she says, laughing.
User avatar
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:29 am

Image

"Merely in a separate dimension...", Chad's echolalia almost seemed contagious.


Leonek's mind seems to slowly kick into gear again.

"Doctor Kirby! We have to go help and pick up the others. Does this thing move?"

You can almost see him trying to get his around the dimensional thing.

"Or do we just walk through those doors and end up somewhere else?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby jaysun81 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:22 pm

"Yes, yes the TARDIS moves. Give me a moment to see if I can locate the others using the sensors." Story looks down at the console and exhaling loudly as he reaches towards the sensor controls.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:32 pm

Spoiler:
Story could tell that there were other lifeforms nearby from the instrument readings, but it was hard to determine how many there were or what kind. One of them was very close, probably visible on the scanner if he were to open the monitor screen. He didn't know for certain where the others were right now, but they had left Salem and Raymond on the beach at Horsham's shack, and he knew approximately where that was. Unfortunately, getting there using the TARDIS was a very iffy proposition. He never was the best pilot, and short hops had always been especially difficult.

Spoiler:
Story, if you want to try to use the TARDIS to get back to the beach, you may try a Pilot TARDIS roll. However, if you fail, you will not be able to control your destination and will effectively leave this adventure and head off for the next one - bringing your guests with you.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39575
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby jaysun81 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:57 am

Story reached over and activate the view screen so that his companions and their guests can get a glimpse of what's happening right outside.

Running his hand through his hair he says, "Well...I'm afraid if I attempt to move us I may very well take us from this time and place which will definitely not help Dr. Kirby. Nor will our departure help Salem and Raymond." For a brief moment his hand hovers over a lever as if he is considering pulling it. However, after a moment he pulls his hand away and looks at the view screen before saying, "Now is the time to decide the future...shall we exit the TARDIS and quite possible die, though not necessarily, or stay safe and see where she takes us next? Hmmm. This time you all must decide..."

Story looks back at the lever and grabs hold of it. A thousand thoughts race through his mind but only one shine bright - the value of the human life. Does the needs of the many really outweigh the needs of the few? For once he stands torn as his knuckles turn white from the grip he has on the lever.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:23 am

The screen slid open, revealing a view of the cave in front of the TARDIS and the tunnel through which they had entered it. A massive creature was standing in front of the TARDIS, sniffing at it. This thing resembled the other creatures somewhat, but it was a good twelve feet tall and had a face full of writhing tentacles, and it also had numerous slimy tentacles in addition to its arms that ended in vicious-looking claws. From the shape, it seemed vaguely female. The monster circled around the TARDIS, ending up back in front of it. It seemed to shrug before bending down on all fours and crawling through the tunnel and away, revealing a large dorsal fin on its back.

Spoiler:
Everyone please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 1/1d8. Chad and Tobias, you can lose no more than 4 Sanity for seeing the creature, so any loss of more than 4 counts as only 4. Leonek, you can lose no more than 5 Sanity.

If you lose 5 or more Sanity, roll Idea. If you fail, you may act normally. If you succeed, you go temporarily insane.

Spoiler:
Your temporary insanity has now ended.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39575
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby jaysun81 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:29 am

Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:09 am

Spoiler:
DrPeterson rolled 1d100:
60

Spoiler:
DrPeterson rolled 1d8:
3



Spoiler:
Added to the 3 I lost from seeing the inside of the TARDIS, I think Leonek goes a bit loopy.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am


Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Thorn » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:54 am

Sanity roll (68):
Thorn rolled 1d100:
44

Sanity loss if fail:
Thorn rolled 1d8:
1
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:23 am

Spoiler:
You flee in panic for the next ten rounds. You're not going out there, so the only way to go is through the interior door, further inside the TARDIS. Also, you gain 5 points of Cthulhu Mythos for going temporarily insane, and you may make a roll against that skill now as well.

Spoiler:
I just need rolls for Lucius, Chad, and Tobias now. Since Lucius's player hasn't posted in a long time, I'll roll for him if he doesn't return by the time the others have rolled.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39575
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

PreviousNext

Return to Episode 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests