IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Elliot and Valerie Soames set out to rescue Dr. Kirby, while Salem and Raymond MacIntyre remain on the beach and the rest of the UNIT team helps Story and his companions recover the TARDIS.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby MikeTheMoose » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 am

Chad replies to Leonek. "Well knowing for certain it's there is a big help. Got any idea how many we're facing?"
User avatar
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 3:57 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:44 am

"I'll do my best." Tobias says to Lucius. He looks over at his team mates still planning so he asks Story, "Do you have a screwdriver I can borrow?"

Spoiler:
Dr. Peterson: It's amazing what happens in the Tardis; suddenly whisked away to China, 1930's. :oops:
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:51 am

"At least five, at least one guarding the upper exit, at least one guarding the lower exit. I would actually recommend the lower exit, we'll be closer to the guys on the beach.", he shrugs, "but we'll be faster on the surface."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby MikeTheMoose » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Chad listens to Leonek's analysis and replies. "I've said it twice now, but I'll say it again. I'm not going back in the water. If you want to go that route I'll help you get there and fight the thing guarding it, but once that's done I'm coming back here."
User avatar
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 3:57 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:45 pm

"Then we go up."

Leonek looks at Tobias.

"Are you ready?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Elizabeth ran randomly through the TARDIS, passing through corridors, down some stairs, and by a swimming pool of all things. Fortunately, her flippers left wet splotches on the ground as she fled, which would make it easy to retrace her steps later.

Spoiler:
Five rounds have now passed, so you'll be running for five more.

Spoiler:
Leonek and Tobias now have two knives each, and Chad now has one. Tobias still had one from before, so there's an extra knife for whoever wants it.

Tobias, the tools you need are available in the console room, so feel free to go ahead and make your roll assuming Story will lend them to you.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39213
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby ImpInTraining » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:31 am

To Tobias, Lucius says "Use it in good health, it's yours." He says to the others, "I'll go check on Elizabeth to make sure she's all right." He follows the wet tracks.
User avatar
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 4100
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 am
Location: Aberdeen, MD

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby jaysun81 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:12 am

Story points down at the toolbox under the console and says, "You'll find whatever tool you might need in the box Tobias."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Thorn » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:20 pm

Brook stands by the console, looking from Lucius to Story. "I'm….I'm not sure I want to go back out there….Not only because of those creatures, but if you can't get the TARDIS outside without disappearing to a completely different time and place, I don't wanna be left behind…I mean..I wanna help the woman, but I can't fight those things. The best help I'd be is as cannon fodder."
User avatar
Thorn
Adept
Adept
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Norway

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby yockenthwaite » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:29 pm

Elizabeth continues to run through the TARDIS.
User avatar
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Tobias walks over to the tool box and selects some tools. He is totally absorbed in his work, fascinated by the new technology. "Er you carry on." He mumbles to Leonek, not really listening as the objectis more complicated than he first thought. "I need a bit more time but I'll follow you soon as I'm done." And he continues to work carefully through the innards of the gadget.
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:39 pm

Elizabeth continued to run, not really caring where she was going. Eventually she reached a lovely garden with a stone bench in the middle of it. It was very serene and peaceful here, and she at last felt safe.

Lucius began to trace Elizabeth's steps, and before long he had gotten as far as the swimming pool, which reminded him vaguely of the Roman baths.

Spoiler:
You are no longer insane.

Spoiler:
Tobias, you may roll again. This attempt will take an additional ten rounds.

Everyone may roll Idea.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39213
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby jaysun81 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:24 am

Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
- All things tabletop gaming -
User avatar
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:58 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:29 am

Spoiler:
It should be possible for people who are strong enough to carry - or at least to drag - the TARDIS. That is, after all, how it ended up here in the first place. It would be slow going, but it could be done.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39213
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:25 am

Spoiler:
DrPeterson rolled 1d100:
68



Leonek doesn't look too happy with Tobias's answer, but he doesn't have the rank to do anything about it.

He puts his hand on the door handle and looks at Chad with a shrug.

"Are you ready?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby yockenthwaite » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Elizabeth sits down on the stone bench, glad to find somewhere to rest. She realises that she was terrified by the thing she saw on the scanner, and fled in terror from the console room. She knows that she must return there, to the others, but takes a few minutes to recover her composure.
User avatar
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby MikeTheMoose » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:57 am

Char looks at Leonek seemingly frustrated at the fiddling with the device or gun or whatever, and suddenly... "Wait Leonek, I've got an
Spoiler:
Idea 65 61 Success!
User avatar
MikeTheMoose
Acolyte
Acolyte
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 3:57 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:11 am

Lucius kept following Elizabeth's trail, arriving at the garden where she sat just as she finished recovering.

Spoiler:
It should be possible for people who are strong enough to carry - or at least to drag - the TARDIS. That is, after all, how it ended up here in the first place. It would be slow going, but it could be done.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39213
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby DrPeterson » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:30 am

Leonek looks at Chad, an incredulous look on his face.

"You're not thinking about dragging this thing out, are you? We'd be very slow going and if those reinforcements show up..."

He shrugs.

"You're the senior officer, it's your call."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
User avatar
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: IC-Ep 3-Warriors of the Deep(Everyone else)

Postby aine » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Tobias works diligently with obvious relish, oblivious to everything around him; finally he's found something worth investigating.
Spoiler:
Electrical/Mech (50%) Idea (60%) 1d100=17, 1d100=37
User avatar
aine
Disciple
Disciple
 
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

PreviousNext

Return to Episode 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests