Page 1 of 3

IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Image

Monastery Hilll - Dunwich, England
2:30 PM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Valerie drove down Monastery Hill with Elliot sitting beside her, following the directions towards the Lake manor. This stretch of road was familiar, and soon they were driving past the ruins of Greyfriars on the left and the Priory Cottage, where Virgil Soames lived, on the right.
Spoiler:
[b]Elliot[/b] and [b]Valerie[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:11 pm
by BenTheRat
Elliot is enjoying the scenery, he lest his mind wonder a bit and is more preoccupied that he doesn't have his usual gear than paying attention to whats around him.
.
Spoiler:
[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4318594/]Spot hidden: Target = 60 (1d100=93)[/url]

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:51 am
by Mr. Handy
Valerie took a good look around as she drove. "There's a car parked on the roadside ahead of us," she said, "not far past the writer's cottage. There's a bloke with a hat sitting in the driver's seat with a map, but I can't see his face because the map's in the way. I think he's only pretending to study the map, though. I can see him peeking over the top. It's an old spy trick."
Spoiler:
[b]Valerie[/b]'s player hasn't posted yet, so I rolled and posted for her.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:11 pm
by BenTheRat
This snaps Elliot out of the peaceful surroundings he was enjoying and back into the mission at hand.
"What do you think Val, shall we just drive right on by and see if he follows, pull over and ask directions or turn and try and throw him off?"

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:20 pm
by Mr. Handy
"I'm not sure," said Valerie. "Maybe he's looking for us, but the reason he's here could have nothing to do with us. Your guess is as good as mine."

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:53 am
by BenTheRat
Well, I say keep going, he's already spotted us.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Valerie nodded and kept driving. They passed the car, which was a nondescript blue sedan. Valerie surreptitiously checked the rear-view mirror as they kept going. "Well, whoever he is, he's staying put," she said.

Before long, they approached a driveway that turned off to the right. A simple gate lay across it as a barrier, one that could easily be raised to allow vehicles in or out. A small wooden shack about eight feet high stood behind it and to one side. On the gate was a sign that read "Private Property - No Trespassing." The driveway stretched off into the distance, where a few buildings were visible, including a carriage house and a mansion beyond it. The road they were on continued ahead.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:54 am
by BenTheRat
"Let's Keep going and see if we can find a place to park up the road and get over the fence without being seen."Elliot suggests.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Valerie continued driving some distance past the driveway, to where the road curved around to the right and the foliage blocked the view of the gatehouse. She pulled over at the side of the road, not far from a brick wall surrounding the property that stood about ten feet tall. "Here looks like a good spot," she said.
Spoiler:
[b]Elliot[/b], please roll Climb if you want to try to scale the wall. With Invisible Castle down, you may use the built-in dice roller for this site that uses the "dice" tags. I've activated it for this forum.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:15 pm
by BenTheRat
Elliot checks his pockets for what he does have. Not much. He curses the helo crash earlier. "Place is damn bad luck."
"I'll go up first then I can help you up Val." And with that he gives it a go.
.
[dice]0[/dice]
.
Elliot gets to the top and carefully looks over and around to make sure there are no alarm wires or cameras from where we are going over, or guards.
If the area is clear and secure I'll help Valarie up.
If not I'll tell Val what I see.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:28 pm
by Mr. Handy
Elliot managed to scramble up the wall with ease and peered over the top. There were no signs of a security system, and no guards were visible from his position. The foliage obscured this section of the wall from prying eyes, but there was a large stretch of open ground between here and the buildings.

Valerie approached the wall and tried to climb it too, but it was hard for her to maintain her footing.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] [b]Elliot[/b], if you want to help her up, please make a Resistance Table roll on 1d100 pitting your STR (10) against her SIZ (11). This gives you a 45% chance.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:20 pm
by BenTheRat
Elliot reaches down to give Val a hand: "Come on old gal, you got this"
.
[dice]0[/dice]
.
My hand reaches down and she grabs my arm and I help pull her to the top.
.
We drop down to the ground, and make our way to a spot that looks like it has the least amount of open space to cross.
Once it looks clear, we will take a sprint across the open ground to the building and hide.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:48 pm
by Mr. Handy
Valerie followed Elliot across the grounds towards the nearest building, the carriage house, but she couldn't move very fast.
Spoiler:
[b]Elliot[/b], please roll Luck.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:14 am
by BenTheRat
Elliot crosses his fingers and hopes his luck holds out.

Luck target = 60
[dice]0[/dice]

Damn it.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:03 am
by Mr. Handy
Elliot and Valerie hurried across the open ground towards the carriage house. They would have made it without incident had Elliot been running at full speed, but Valerie couldn't move fast at all. When they were almost there, a man in denim overalls and a straw hat emerged from a side door of the mansion. He was looking in their direction, but he hadn't appearerd to notice them just yet.
Spoiler:
[b]Elliot[/b] and [b]Valerie[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:06 pm
by BenTheRat
Spoiler:
spot hidden = 60% [dice]0[/dice]

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:58 am
by Mr. Handy
Spoiler:
[b]Elliot[/b] noticed that there was something off about the man's features. He caught a glimpse of his face that was obscured by the hat, and he saw large, bulging eyes, scaly skin, and...were those gills on his neck? It reminded him all too much of that autopsy photo he had seen during the briefing. [spoiler][b]Elliot[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d4.[/spoiler]

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:25 pm
by BenTheRat
Elliot takes a double look and then tries to find a place to hide, or if nothing nearby, just lay flat and have val do the same. Hope this horrible creature can't see us. I reach down and feel the security of my Browning.
.
OOC: sanity check target = 60
[dice]0[/dice]
.
the creature reminded Elliot of an old American movie, The Creature From the Black Lagoon. He shuddered a bit, but tried to lay still and see if the creature saw them or not.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:39 am
by Mr. Handy
Valerie gaped, having seen the hideous details too, but she remained cool and collected. She ushered Elliot the rest of the way to the carriage house, where they ducked around the corner. She peeked back out. "I don't think he's seen us," she whispered.

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Elliot Webb/Valerie Soames)

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:05 pm
by BenTheRat
Taking control of our breathing, we take a second to calm down. I give Val the signal that means "Lets get moving we are too exposed out here." And we head towards the building where we think they have the good Dr. Unless we see a better way to get into the buildings.